• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce GTX1180/2080 Speculation thread

Associate
TSMC 7nm doesn't face delays though. :)
On the contrary, the process is so good, that AMD is releasing earlier than planned (by 6 months) some of their products. Like the Instinct Vega 20 cards. While EPYC Rome is succesfully been sampled for 4 months now.

Do you have shares in AMD?

Soldato
Apparently the 2000 series provides a massive increase in something compared to older models when running in SLI! :D

slide-115.jpg

Soldato
Apparently the 2000 series provides a massive increase in something compared to older models when running in SLI! :D

slide-115.jpg

BW = bandwidth.

So, not actual gaming performance scaling. Thankfully people will have cards in a few days and we can see some meaningful graphs instead of this nonsense!

Soldato
Been away for ages. Are benches out yet? Does the 2070 match the 1080Ti or not?

19th at 2pm UK time we see benches and reviews for the 2080 and 2080Ti. That should give us a pretty good idea at how well the 2070 will perform.

Don’t think anyone has the RTX2070 to test yet as it will be released at a later date to the 80 and 80Ti.

Soldato
Well, they can't. Eventually. But all of the people who Nvidia have sampled on this launch (and so covering all reviews that'll be available when the embargo expires) have signed an extremely restrictive multi-year NDA that puts them entirely under Nvidia's boot. Even AIBs aren't allowed to sample cards to people who aren't on Nvidia's approved list, so the only way to bypass it will be buying a card along with everybody else. So they'll do what they're told or face the wrath of Nvidia's legal department, one would imagine, given that the NDA is extremely broad and open to interpretation (meaning Nvidia can claim pretty much anything to be in breach of it). The reviews from people who aren't beholden to Nvidia likely won't arrive for at least a few days to a week after launch, depending on how quickly they can conduct their testing.

Can I ask how you've come to this conclusion and do you have any other sources? I wouldn't be at all surprised by Nvidia doing this. The GPP alone demonstrated just what Nvidia thinks of its customers and AiBs. A lot of my suppositions about this release and NVs practices would be confirmed if this were true.

This is entirely demonstrative of what I have been saying about NV limiting the time between real reviews and release date. I wholeheartedly believe that performance is unimpressive and they're trying as hard as possible to keep reviewers under the kosh and any real numbers away from the public until pre-orders have shipped.

But tbh, I'm not sure if even NV could be that cold-blooded enough to be very selective on reviewers and hamstring their content. The backlash could be very bad for a lot of people.

Soldato
Exactly how is your post related to this thread? Navi is the competition for 2000 series not Vega 20. That’s an expensive compute card not a gaming card...

Funny that's what the 2000 series sound like to me, with compute/AI functions that needed to be found a use, hence the new AA and raytracing. There i said it. i can't afford a 2080ti either, and i did hope they'd be cheaper better and more focused on dx12 and with VRR over hdmi, but i still think the the AA and raytracing have been shoe-horned in.

Associate
Can I ask how you've come to this conclusion and do you have any other sources? I wouldn't be at all surprised by Nvidia doing this. The GPP alone demonstrated just what Nvidia thinks of its customers and AiBs. A lot of my suppositions about this release and NVs practices would be confirmed if this were true.

This is entirely demonstrative of what I have been saying about NV limiting the time between real reviews and release date. I wholeheartedly believe that performance is unimpressive and they're trying as hard as possible to keep reviewers under the kosh and any real numbers away from the public until pre-orders have shipped.

But tbh, I'm not sure if even NV could be that cold-blooded enough to be very selective on reviewers and hamstring their content. The backlash could be very bad for a lot of people.
We have a bunch of benchmarks (both official and leaked) all pretty much lining up with each other - not to mention official statements from Nvidia and developers. Everything points to a significant increase in performance with 2080 out performing 1080 Ti and 2080 Ti out performing Titan V - just yesterday Final Fantasy XV added to benchmarks with their own official numbers which again match up to everything else said to date. Yet STILL you make baseless claims that these cards will under perform. So just exactly what would it take for you to actually see what is right in front of your eyes? Are you waiting to see the RTX 2080 Ti render a replica of itself in real time and space right there on your desk using "hard light" or something?

All you have done throughout this *entire* thread is bash Nvidia and spread FUD - it is getting pretty tedious.

Soldato
We have a bunch of benchmarks (both official and leaked) all pretty much lining up with each other - not to mention official statements from Nvidia and developers. Everything points to a significant increase in performance with 2080 out performing 1080 Ti and 2080 Ti out performing Titan V - just yesterday Final Fantasy XV added to benchmarks with their own official numbers which again match up to everything else said to date. Yet STILL you make baseless claims that these cards will under perform. So just exactly what would it take for you to actually see what is right in front of your eyes? Are you waiting to see the RTX 2080 Ti render a replica of itself in real time and space right there on your desk using "hard light" or something?

All you have done throughout this *entire* thread is bash Nvidia and spread FUD - it is getting pretty tedious.

Isn't FF XV a gameworks title? Which AMD performance is severely crippled compared to other better written gameworks titles like witcher 3?
I would take with truckload of salt that studio benchmarks

Caporegime
You preordered did you not? Not sure why people can’t understand simple things... it’s only GENERAL AVAILABILITY that is delayed. Pre orders should still be sent out as is.
Well I just got in touch with my retailer and they said that it has been delayed to the 27th and are at the mercy of NVidia but hope to get it shipped before that time. Not sure why you think it won't be delayed but I expected it and it is.

Associate
Well I just got in touch with my retailer and they said that it has been delayed to the 27th and are at the mercy of NVidia but hope to get it shipped before that time. Not sure why you think it won't be delayed but I expected it and it is.

That simply means your personal order has been delayed as you didn’t order in time or the version of your card is low in quantity at your supplier.

The news items tell the story. GENERAL AVAILABILITY is delayed but pre orders should still ship first come first serve. My order is still set for delivery on or around the 20th. The fact is anyone with pre orders will recieve their cards between the 20th and the 27th.

Even the retailers don’t know how many cards they will get it until the 20th.

Associate
Isn't FF XV a gameworks title? Which AMD performance is severely crippled compared to other better written gameworks titles like witcher 3?
I would take with truckload of salt that studio benchmarks
That's why the general consensus here is wait for the reviews. The independent ones will be particularly interesting.

Associate
Gregster, you're getting the MSI Duke? I wonder why it's "at the mercy of Nvidia"?

Caporegime
That simply means your personal order has been delayed as you didn’t order in time or the version of your card is low in quantity at your supplier.

The news items tell the story. GENERAL AVAILABILITY is delayed but pre orders should still ship first come first serve. My order is still set for delivery on or around the 20th. The fact is anyone with pre orders will recieve their cards between the 20th and the 27th.

Even the retailers don’t know how many cards they will get it until the 20th.
Time will tell but like I said, if it is delayed, I am not fussed. I didn't order til the next day, as I was away, so if I am delayed, my fault I guess.

Associate
MSI Gaming X Trio and I think the guy means NVidia have called the delay and he is going with that. Or he is an AMD fan :D
I knew it was an MSI :D as you're a fan like me! I take it it's not from OC? Gibbo is normally very good at keeping everyone updated with incoming shipments.

Roll on the 27th!

Edit - just seen your post on the new "Prices of pre-order" thread.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom