• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce GTX1180/2080 Speculation thread

Soldato
Nope you should have brilliant space and cooling in your case. I have a very small case that fits a full atx motherboard but only just. It’s a Meshify C. I changed the position of the case (which is unfortunately sat on the floor with underfloor heating) so that the back vents aren’t stuck against the wall.

I’ve also changed the fan curves on the CPU and now I’m seeing 70c max in Shadow TR bench and 60c in FH4 gameplay and around 50c in SCVI with +500 on memory and +103 on GPU. So it’s seems to be improved.

Great info. What clocks is +103 translating too?

Caporegime
I noticed an article where DICE were talking about Ray Tracing, and they mentioned they've offloaded loads of stuff to the CPU to get the performance where it needs to be.

“What we have done with our DXR implementation is we go very wide on a lot of cores to offload that work,” explained Holmquist, “so we’re likely going to require a higher minimum or recommended spec for producing RT. And very wide is the best way for the consumer in that regard, with a four-core or six-core machine.

“We haven’t communicated any of the specs yet so they might change, but I think that a six-core machine – it doesn’t have to be aggressively clocked – but 12 hardware threads is what we kind of designed it for. But it might also work well on a higher clocked eight thread machine.”

But yeah - with the way they've done it you might be a disadvantage on a 4 core CPU with no hyperthreading.

Soldato
In terms of speed its basically what 1080ti was to 1080. I seen a vid earlier making the claim that one reason they are priced this high is nvidia want to get rid of all their 1080ti inventory so pricing the 2080ti was one way of pushing people to the cheaper option. Makes sense i suppose given they were left with quite a lot of pascal inventory after the bitcoin bubble bust...yet again.

I agree with him.

But we don't know if AMD's cards to come in 2019 are mid range or high end. A lot depends on that.

I hope he is right and Nvidia are working on a 7nm GPU to replace the 2000 series at realistic prices.

In other words if you already have a 1070ti and up card (maybe even include the 1070) then there there really isn't any reason to upgrade.

Skip this generation.

Associate
Noticed that Overclockers has knocked 200 quid off the price of some of their 2080 ti's i bet gibbo is mad that Nvidia have Fe in stock no ones gonna pay 1400 quid for a Palit or Inno.

bru

bru

Soldato
Noticed that Overclockers has knocked 200 quid off the price of some of their 2080 ti's i bet gibbo is mad that Nvidia have Fe in stock no ones gonna pay 1400 quid for a Palit or Inno.

Nah its the latest $1400 pre-order price drops to £1200 once it comes into stock sales plan...lol.:eek:

Caporegime
Another site listed the aorus and aorus xtreme earlier today for around £1150, now suddenly they're up at £1350 - £1400. Wonder where they're taking their pricing cues from...

Soldato

I can see why someone would want an AIB card over the FE given some do clearly run a bit cooler and quieter, but the mark up is just way OTT given the actual gaming performance is going to be broadly the same.

Back
Top Bottom