• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce now ultimate - most impressive!

It's funny though, how much does a cinema ticket cost to see a film which lasts 1 hour and 30 minutes? (not even factoring in if you're buying food, drink etc.) How much does netflx, amazon, disney etc. cost?

Not allowed to make that comparison :p

Not sure why he is acting all surprised and disgusted though. This is Nvidia, we all knew the cheap prices you was getting last year would not last.

Is netflix, disney, amazon prime and so on not "normal" either then?

Yes, the price is steep but in the grand scheme of things, is it really when you look at other cloud centric services?

Again, what do you propose nvidia do? Would it have been better to provide 1 day for free to "trial" the 4080 rig, yes of course it would be but that's not how the real world and these multi billion/trillion companies work. It's clear you have a lot of hatred for nvidia for whatever reason (probably since they removed the connector thing and priced you out from future upgrades?) but again, you vote with your wallet or go buy the competition to send a message, as simple as that or maybe it isn't because the competition aren't providing you with what you want hence why you still haven't moved on from nvidia?

Last edited:
Not allowed to make that comparison :p

Not sure why he is acting all surprised and disgusted though. This is Nvidia, we all knew the cheap prices you was getting last year would not last.

Yeah shock horror a company is wanting to increase their profits! How dare they have the cheek to ask for money for a service they provide :p

Funny thing is, originally people were slating it because "lol streaming your games with cloud compression, lag etc." and now as shown by this very thread by people who have given it a try for themselves, turns out it's actually very good in the quality and what it offers especially over other cloud streaming services and people don't actually care if they own the gpu physically or not since you get the benefits of little to no electrcity use/cost and a silent rig so the go to slagging of point is now "how dare nvidia charge for this!!!!"

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried the new cloud Gsync feature yesterday and I was definitely impressed, it felt even closer to a local PC.

I tried the new cloud Gsync feature yesterday and I was definitely impressed, it felt even closer to a local PC.

I always thought gsync/vrr was supported as when I used it for CP 2077, I couldn't see any screen tearing and the fps was fluctuating between 70-120 fps unless it was a different kind of support or something.

Might pay again at some point for the HL 2 remix as that will no doubt hit hard.

Hopefully they'll add RTX HDR support in the future too.

I always thought gsync/vrr was supported as when I used it for CP 2077, I couldn't see any screen tearing and the fps was fluctuating between 70-120 fps unless it was a different kind of support or something.

Might pay again at some point for the HL 2 remix as that will no doubt hit hard.

Hopefully they'll add RTX HDR support in the future too.
The stream FPS is now fluctuating in line with the game FPS, before this cloud GSync support it was fixed at 120 FPS (you can see this by pressing Ctrl+N in-game).

I'd love to see RTX HDR too :).

Thank you for sharing my videos by the way, I'm glad you like them so much.

Last edited:

More Nvidia comedy.... Not April 1st yet but they are trying hard early...

qaupVJE.jpeg

Still want to rent your GPUs from this company ? :cry:

LMAO, back to the future with Nvidia once again, they've just invented the home arcade!

This has to be the bleakest thing i've ever seen in gaming, Ooh! no ads because that's a huge issue in gaming now apparently...

:cry:

I don't see the problem with the daily price, it's not made for somebody to subscribe to, that's what the monthly one is for.

The daily price could be if you're staying in a hotel somewhere for work so only have your laptop and your PC is at home. Or could be when you have somebody over for the weekend and you wanna both play a game.
people will pay it if it's worth it to them and for some it will be.

Last edited:
Just had another quick session of Destiny 2 this time completely on WiFi using a Xbox Controller. Maxed out everything in game and it was a buttery smooth 120FPS all the way through (going by what I was actually experiencing and the on screen stats you can pull up). Couldn't spot any tearing to speak of (Using a Pro Motion XDR display) and overall latency was imperceptible vs playing the same game on the Xbox locally.

It does "feel" better on Ethernet, at least with my setup, but my current USB-C hub is seemingly having a disagreement with my Mac and ethernet isn't working.

Now I would compare the above with a Parsec session with a Win 11 VM running on my server (Epic 7402P / RTX 4070) but Bungo don't like that and I risk having my account banned..

WTH, I'm getting the same issue on Diablo IV (can now play on Game Pass) as with Geforce Now / game streaming. Huge latency spikes.

As soon as I enable an Amsterdam VPN (free servers on Proton), latency and lag goes away.

What's very weird about Diablo IV, is that RivaTuner reports dips in 1% low framerates (I can feel these dips as stutters during gameplay when moving) down to 20-30 FPS.

As soon as I enable a UDP VPN, the problems go away, and reported framerate stabilises.

EDIT - Nope, on Diablo IV the problem is related to something else, not networking it seems.

As soon as I use Windowed mode, instead of borderless windowed mode, the framerate dipping problem goes away.

EDIT2 - It seems that Diablo IV doesn't like dual monitor setups, disabling the 2nd monitor in Windows stops the framerate dipping.

It seems to be the same issue as this one:

Last edited:
I just had a near perfect session on Geforce Now, in terms of the connection to the server:

Screenshot-2024-04-02-025135.png

No packet loss reported by the network overlay in game, and low latency of around 10-12ms, tested at 1600 x 900 resolution.

My ISP changed I think probably at some point in the last week (from Cuckoo to Home Telecom - Because Cuckoo decided to stop providing services to FTTC customers. Both utilise the same Talktalk network), so it probably relates to that.

Or, maybe Nvidia has improved their network in parts of the UK?

Last edited:
I got 3 months GeForce Now 4080 subscription and found the 75mbps bandwidth limit insufficient to use even with my handheld Legion Go using 1600p 120fps AV1 codec.
Plenty of compression artifacts in games with a lot of grass and trees.
Yes I have the option “adjust for poor network conditions” disabled.
Latency was so so (around 15ms ping) partially due to s***** virgin media connection but mostly due to compression/decompression of the stream.
Tested it on my mates FTTP connection (5ms ping) and it wasn’t that much better.
Can’t even imagine playing like that on a big 4K display.
While it is waaaay better than any other game streaming service, it is still far from being good enough for me.
After few hours I abandoned it completely.
Shame I can’t give it to someone else to use due to how it works.

Decided to jump on the 50% off promo and bought 6 months of Ultimate Tier for £49.99.

Recently sold my RTX 4070 FE due to lack of use* so this will be a perfect fall back when my ARC A750 can't cut it @ 3440x1440. I kind of want to play through CP2077 again with everything turned on and when I briefly tested it before the "4080" in the Ultimate Tier made for a decent enough experience with everything cranked and FG enabled. The latency of it being streamed was less noticeable than the latency of trying to run the same settings on the 4070 (based FPS was too low for FG to really work).

*My Epyc Server board died thus it had sat unused whilst I decided what to do for a replacement. I was using it for local Parsec gaming via my Mac.

Back
Top Bottom