• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce now ultimate - most impressive!

As good as this is, it's a shame we can't mod anything I assume.

So it's the vanilla game without for example a 32:9 mod

Yeah there's no mod support, but for me at least that's not too much of an issue, especially on a first play through of a game as I don't tend to mod until after I've played it through as the developer intended.

It's not a permanent replacement for physically owning a GPU just yet, but it has its upsides (for me at least) such as;

No real wait for installs, you're pretty much straight in the game.

It also means my PC is cooler and quieter when streaming, which means I can game in the warmer weather without cooking myself :P

It's also gave me a cheap insight as to whether upgrading my 3080 to a 4080 would be worth the cost, and it's made my mind up that it wouldn't be worth the cost for the performance on offer.

It's also gave me a cheap insight as to whether upgrading my 3080 to a 4080 would be worth the cost, and it's made my mind up that it wouldn't be worth the cost for the performance on offer.
Is that because the performance uplift is not that great to warrant a hardware upgrade, or you are happy to stick with GeForce Ultimate moving forward?

Is that because the performance uplift is not that great to warrant a hardware upgrade, or you are happy to stick with GeForce Ultimate moving forward?

In the sense that the 4080 is only about 40-50% (at best) faster than my 3080, but at around £850 - £1000+, I don't feel it's worth it, considering I only paid £650 for my 3080FE.

Normally I'd only upgrade if there is at least a 50% uplift in performance for around the same cost I last paid, so the 4080 would have to be £650-£700 for me to even consider it really.

I don't think GFN will replace my actual rig any time soon, but at least for the remaining 5 months, I have access to 4080 performance for £50 to tide me over until the next round of GPU's are released, and I can reassess then to see what sort of performance is available at the £600-£700 price point.

Back
Top Bottom