• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce Titan rumours.

You could have had a 690 for £730 last week which is more performance for £100 quid less. But now the 690 has been bumped up to reflect the Titan it seems Nvidia and retailers are just shafting the public sideways with this tbh.

Thing will get interesting if AMD release the 13.3 drivers and pull up alongside titan performance. Its within the realms of possibility looking at the benchmarks posted so far.

That's a strong possibility for sure! I'll admit, I am an Nvidia fanboy, but they've lost the plot a tad recently.

Errr a graphics card isn't a necessity - it's up to people individually if they want one or not...

Why is it so important to defend Nvidia?

Are you gonna just try to ignore the fact that it's woefully overpriced and under-forming... What ever makes you happy I guess. I was gonna get one, after seeing benchies it's not worth it.

Lucky for Nvidia that they have 'Fans' that will blindly support them.

AMD are laughing there asses off right now...

How did they know?

If you think about it, all they had to do was look at the performance of the 690. Look at their performance of the 7970 vs the 680 and then compare the prices. That's all. It didn't matter if the Titan was significantly faster.

From what I can see Nvidia are just capitalizing on their binned tesla cores. These guys are about business.

I will try to summarise.

The card is too expensive
It's not fast enough, even at 1600p
It's going to be too hot to use 3
Overclocking is restricted by its power setup.

Can't imagine slapping three of these into my rig and feeling happy so roll on 2014.

Form techpowerup.

Super high-end cards like the GTX Titan sell typically relatively low volume, which means in terms of sales revenue GTX Titan is only minor for NVIDIA. However, having the single fastest GPU helps marketing even $200 mainstream products, but I somehow feel the $1000 price might hurt the brand more than help it. People could despise NVIDIA for pricing the card so prohibitively and obnoxiously high, even if the same people would still not buy it at say $700. Sure, the statement "NVIDIA has the fastest single GPU," holds true, but "NVIDIA has the most overpriced single-GPU card in 25 years of VGA history," is equally true.

Why is it so important to defend Nvidia?

Are you gonna just try to ignore the fact that it's woefully overpriced and under-forming... What ever makes you happy I guess. I was gonna get one, after seeing benchies it's not worth it.

Lucky for Nvidia that they have 'Fans' that will blindly support them.

AMD are laughing there asses off right now...

So important to defend nVidia when I've got two 7950s in my PC... yes. :rolleyes:

I'm not disagreeing it's overpriced but let me be clear that you said this:

Nvidia decide to launch an overpriced under performing graphics card to take advantage of customers once again.

... as if it was life and death having a Titan or not when really it's a choice each person buying will make as to whether the cost is 'worth' it.

It's only people that want/can afford one that will get one so I'm not understanding how they're being taken advantage of. It's their choice whether to get one or not.

Last edited:
Still no news on which brands have fully unlocked voltage?

ASUS on OcUk says "unlocked voltage" but is that to nVidia limits or unlocked past as per partner choice?

Back
Top Bottom