• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce Titan rumours.

I think once the modded bios like KGB supports this card it will fly.
The potential is already there, just needs tweaking.
690 is still king though at a cheaper price also.

Will a modded bios even work?

6+8 Pin PCI-E + PCI-E lane gives a maximum power draw of 275Watts.

Is there even headroom to work with here?

Which will not be a problem for people on water. Keeping cool to maintain eprformance is one thing, sure.

But most people putting it under water want more headroom for overclocks, which will not be the case with Titan and a hard and fast TDP limit.

That is even more cost!!:p

I just realised I could build a rig with a pair of HD7870 LE 2GB cards, and an overclocked Core i5 3570K for slightly more than a Geforce Titan card(using another retailer though).

I just hope the next generation of sub £500 graphics cards are not gimped as a result of Geforce Titan!!

Last edited:
Will a modded bios even work?

6+8 Pin PCI-E + PCI-E lane gives a maximum power draw of 275Watts.

Is there even headroom to work with here?

Who knows at this point but im confident that Titan will be supported at some point beings as all of the Keplar range work with the KGB modded bios.

I got an extra 30mhz on both cores using KGB,fully stable.

Infact im off to flash my card again as there is some voltage tweaking i want to try with v 6.0

I play all my games on a dell u2410 1920*1200 downsampled resolution of 2880*1800, games look awesome and the card is really working now!

Last edited:
On the contrary, i think mrs gregster will be chasing you through the house with an axe once she sees the receipt. If we dont see you, we can only assume the worst. Ill keep an eye on the news for any murders.:D

Seriously though mate, enjoy your new cards, finally able to ditch that 8800gt.:)

Haha Setter, Mrs was good as gold and understood why I needed them :D

Just had an email from ek, titan blocks are now official, circle free and up for order very very soon, so I would get in line to get those preordered too Greg ;)

I couldn't afford to buy a single game now but payday soon :)

ETA on the Titans is the 28th, so may not have them till 1st March, but that's cool :)

Tuuuesday Greg? The ETA is the 28th? What wizardry is this!? :D

For some strange reason, I had ETA as the 25th (I must have read it somewhere). All good though :)

Another thing is that companies are selling SFF systems with Geforce Titan,so water cooling cannot be used there.

I'm not sure what your point actually is with regards to SFFs...

Titan is reasonably small (for a high end card) and fits with a reasonable Thermal envelope - 690 Doesn't, 7990/Ares doesn't, and Crossfire/SLI of any other cards won't either. In which case Titan is the fastest solution for a SFF, outside of any other criteria.

^
Your 30 years should have told you 30MHz is pointless too.

:cool: Greg, what's wrong with the circles?

For £480 you could have a tidy 7950 crossfire system and sell the games to make it even cheaper. :)
One of these:

f6110f6a270a5a984cd8b4153f9b9dad.jpg

OR

This bundle:

YOUR BASKET
2 x Sapphire HD 7950 Boost 3072MB PCI-Express Graphics Card (11196-19-20G) with Crysis 3 & Bioshock PC Games £251.99 (£503.98)
3 x Iiyama Prolite E2382HSD 23" Widescreen LED Monitor - Black £129.95 (£389.85)
Total : £893.82

Sell the game codes and it becomes more or less the same price?

Or get the Titan?

Interesting thread this but I get the feeling people have more money than sense.

Multi monitor aside, there's like 3 games I can think of that merit such a beast of a card.

Why pay all that cash for the temporary /flex of benchmark results. Only to be outdone by a spoiled 12 year old two weeks later..

Interesting thread this but I get the feeling people have more money than sense.

Multi monitor aside, there's like 3 games I can think of that merit such a beast of a card.

Why pay all that cash for the temporary /flex of benchmark results. Only to be outdone by a spoiled 12 year old two weeks later..

It's a hobby though isn't it.

At my age I only really spend money on my hobby which is PC gaming. If I bought Titans I wouldn't even probably bench them as I haven't done with my 680's.

For me it's about buying something new and shiny every 6-12 months for my hobby as I don't spend money on anything else.

Why would anyone buy x2 7950's and only drive a single 1080p,TN, 60hz monitor.
This thread keeps on going round and round in circles about how people feel the price is too high. The people buying these cards most likely agree and know that they can get better performance for their money but are getting it for other reasons like not having to deal with multi gpu.

YOUR BASKET
2 x Sapphire HD 7950 Boost 3072MB PCI-Express Graphics Card (11196-19-20G) with Crysis 3 & Bioshock PC Games £251.99 (£503.98)
3 x Iiyama Prolite E2382HSD 23" Widescreen LED Monitor - Black £129.95 (£389.85)
Total : £893.82

you also get the associated stutter, multi GPU issues and three cheap monitors......

It's all relative.

My monitors cost more than some peoples ENTIRE rig. My sound card costs more than some people monitors and my Headphones cost more than most peoples GPUs. When I do upgrades it's all relative, a Titan in my system at £800 is much better than chucking three crappy monitors and 2 mid range GPUs in Crossfire on what I already have.

Back
Top Bottom