• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce Titan rumours.

Why would anyone buy x2 7950's and only drive a single 1080p,TN, 60hz monitor.
This thread keeps on going round and round in circles about how people feel the price is too high. The people buying these cards most likely agree and know that they can get better performance for their money but are getting it for other reasons like not having to deal with multi gpu.

That price was for 3 monitors and 2 7950's, showing how crazy the Titanic is priced :p

Interesting thread this but I get the feeling people have more money than sense.

Multi monitor aside, there's like 3 games I can think of that merit such a beast of a card.

Why pay all that cash for the temporary /flex of benchmark results. Only to be outdone by a spoiled 12 year old two weeks later..

People buy Apple stuff that cost more for less options.
if one looks at the single card, OC it, even watercool it, you pretty much can cover 2560 resolutions and play maxed out in most games and a tad tweak in some. I am really happy with one single 7970 at a third of cost running 3 screens.
sure I adjust settings but for what I game its perfect.

I waited until price dropped 6 months ltr and got it at half the cost.

Fastest single core is a lot better option than sli/crossfire.

you also get the associated stutter, multi GPU issues and three cheap monitors......

It's all relative.

My monitors cost more than some peoples ENTIRE rig. My sound card costs more than some people GPUs. When I do upgrades it's all relative, a Titan in my system at £800 is much better than chucking three crappy monitors and 2 mid range GPUs in Crossfire on what I already have.

Tommy has been going on about this in Titan threads for days. It just completely ignores the point that some people want the fastest and are willing to pay a large premium to have it even if just for undertaking their hobby.

The Titan is the fastest GPU.

And as you say it's all relative anyway.

In case I missed it in the last few pages, I assume the gtx 680 is still the 'normal top end' card and this titan model is a premium card?

Or are Nvidia meant to be launching other cards under the Titan banner :confused:

That price was for 3 monitors and 2 7950's, showing how crazy the Titanic is priced :p

It does not show anything at all. Three cheap monitors and a two mid range GPUs versus the fastest Single GPU in the world.....

The latter people who have systems worthy of it will use, the former is a budget surround option to obtain playable frame rates.

In case I missed it in the last few pages, I assume the gtx 680 is still the 'normal top end' card and this titan model is a premium card?

Or are Nvidia meant to be launching other cards under the Titan banner :confused:

Titan is a stop gap Halo card between 6xx and 7xx. There will not be sub-models under the Titan banner. Perhaps some special edition TITANs from some of the partners but nothing more I imagine.

Tommy has been going on about this in Titan threads for days. It just completely ignores the point that some people want the fastest and are willing to pay a large premium to have it even if just for undertaking their hobby.

You weren't here at 7970 rusty, davebeast and myself were at each others throats at times, the 7970 got a great bash from myself too,it only became a good prospect at realistic pricing.

Paint me whatever buddy.

The Titan is the fastest GPU.

+1

Problem being it's abysmally priced imo.

It does not show anything at all. Three cheap monitors and a two mid range GPUs versus the fastest Single GPU in the world.....

The latter people who have systems worthy of it will use, the former is a budget surround option to obtain playable frame rates.

So the person on a budget through circumstance is less of an enthusiast than the person with deeper pockets?

You weren't here at 7970 rusty, davebeast and myself were at each others throats at times, the 7970 got a great bash from myself too,it only became a good prospect at realistic pricing.

I was a reader not a poster but I was here, I don't see what relevance it has.

Problem being it's abysmally priced imo.

Yes, we heard you the first fifteen times. No need for a sixteenth. It's priced at a point where they think they'll sell out and achieve maximum profits. That's generally how it works.

I'm confused why you expect them to sell it for say £600 and sell out when they could sell it for £850 and sell out. I don't remember too many times in history where in an aggressive market there have been outlandish displays of altruism...

So the person on a budget through circumstance is less of an enthusiast than the person with deeper pockets?

Where the hell did you draw that conclusion from?!!?!!?

Enthusiast or not, why are you pitching a budget option with a high end one when they are marketed at COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PEOPLE.

Titan is not for mainstream consumption. Why are you pitching a Titan price tag with the option of 2 mid range GPUs and cheap monitors when the products are in totally different market segments?

Where the hell did you draw that conclusion from?!!?!!?

Enthusiast or not, why are you pitching a budget option with a high end one when they are marketed at COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PEOPLE.

Titan is not for mainstream consumption. Why are you pitching a Titan price tag with the option of 2 mid range GPUs and cheap monitors when the products are in totally different market segments?

It's like comparing John Lewis furniture with Argos furniture :D.

Actually it's probably worse.

I agree with more or less all the posts in the last couple of pages.

"Titan is very expensive" and "price per performance is a joke", seems to be the thoughts and also that you can buy 79797979790 CF for less money. In no way do I make these posts wrong.

Titan is the fastest single core GPU and well over priced but no other single core card can touch it. Mjones hit the nail on the head and said it is a hobby and most of us who are in the GPU/CPU/MOBO forums treat this like a hobby. I said a couple of days ago about a work mate who paid over a grand for his fishing pole. I said "how much????", it was only after thinking about it for abit, did I see that is his passion and fair play to him

If people can afford these things, why shouldn't they buy it? Always a cheaper alternative but this is down to the buyer to decide.

Sorry for waffling :)

Yes, we heard you the first fifteen times. No need for a sixteenth. It's priced at a point where they think they'll sell out and achieve maximum profits. That's generally how it works.

I'm confused why you expect them to sell it for say £600 and sell out when they could sell it for £850 and sell out. I don't remember too many times in history where in an aggressive market there have been outlandish displays of altruism...

I seem to recall you slating AMD for their pricing a while back, you made that point quite a few times. :D

It's like comparing John Lewis furniture with Argos furniture :D.

Actually it's probably worse.

What if Argos furniture is much more comfortable though? :p

Last edited:
I seem to recall you slating AMD for their pricing a while back, you made that point quite a few times.:D

Not sure. Perhaps but they've been cheaper than nVidia for a long time so I don't think it probably would have been me. I've pretty much found their pricing (except on release) to be reasonable ish. When the 680s came out they were overpriced for the performance they offered out the box but not by a massive amount. The problem was the 7950/7870 both of which were priced quite oddly. They soon settled down though.

Style... Of course, again, it's all relative as you don't just use furniture to sit on. Unless you and Mrs LtMatt are fond of stepping into your wardrobe? :D

I seem to recall you slating AMD for their pricing a while back, you made that point quite a few times. :D

I actually felt this being posted LtMatt. Either that or it was Rusty reading it and a small part of his fury was released for DARING to question the special one.

@ Argos furniture, it might be more comfortable but when it collapses I'd say parts inside won't be so comfy :D.

Back
Top Bottom