• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce Titan rumours.

haha, the only problem with this might be that only the deliberately argumentative hang out in the general section looking for a fight :D

I for one would be glad to see "what nvidia card should I buy" threads not degenerate in to slanging matches and locked like they all seem to of late

Try nearly a grand... the price has gone up quite a bit... tbh anyone buying at 850 was bordering on crazy, at current prices its madness.

yeah I know, crazy bonkers... but if you are willing to wait a few days they are still available for RRP prices

Try nearly a grand... the price has gone up quite a bit... tbh anyone buying at 850 was bordering on crazy, at current prices its madness.

Haha, I've been waiting for a decent single card for a long time. Didn't wanna wait any longer. The prices are shocking but it is what it is. Hopefully get a few years out of it, it's not that bad.. My phone will lose it's value faster tbh..

Haha, I've been waiting for a decent single card for a long time. Didn't wanna wait any longer. The prices are shocking but it is what it is. Hopefully get a few years out of it, it's not that bad.. My phone will lose it's value faster tbh..

I thought that pricing wars were supposed to reduce prices, not be a race to who can charge the highest amount!

Incidentally, are you getting your cards in soon?

tomorrow

Your basically paying extra for next gen GPU performance now, AMD will probably offer competitive performance in the 8970 but prob won't be out for another 6+ months. I don't wanna wait and there seems to be plenty people happy to pay the price cos they seem to be selling out and prices getting even higher :P.

Would be nice if one time Nvidia would reward it's customers somehow, AMD give better performance vs price and better bundles. If AMD had a similar card now I would have gone with that tbh.

Nvidia got my money this time cos I don't wanna wait until the end of 2013 for a card that may be as quick as a Titan...

Greg, we all know thats you doing the hoovering there, your way of getting into the missus's good books after buying two titans.:D

Incidentally, are you getting your cards in soon?

lol that was me just now :D

I phoned the e-tailer again today for confimation and they have assured me they will be here tomorrow but still no confirmation from DPD. My finger nails are getting shorter....

yeah I know, crazy bonkers... but if you are willing to wait a few days they are still available for RRP prices

While the 89xx and 7xx cards are awhile away yet if either did come out earlier than projected it would be possible to get a card thats ballpark 5-10% slower than the titan for half the price... 7xx cards are pencilled in for a mid-year release (tho in the past thats turned out to actually be more like November) but this time around I think we might actually see the 770/780 around June. For some reason AMD seems to be artifically holding off on the 8970 release but likewise.

haha, the only problem with this might be that only the deliberately argumentative hang out in the general section looking for a fight :D

In theory it would mean the moderators would only have to monitor the general section closely, in theory the ATI/Nvidia subforums should be relatively quiet and need less moderation.

I for one would be glad to see "what nvidia card should I buy" threads not degenerate in to slanging matches and locked like they all seem to of late

Which in theory shouldn't happen if all the heated debates stay in general graphics

Your basically paying extra for next gen GPU performance now, AMD will probably offer competitive performance in the 8970 but prob won't be out for another 6+ months. I don't wanna wait and there seems to be plenty people happy to pay the price cos they seem to be selling out and prices getting even higher :P.

Would be nice if one time Nvidia would reward it's customers somehow, AMD give better performance vs price and better bundles. If AMD had a similar card now I would have gone with that tbh.

Nvidia got my money this time cos I don't wanna wait until the end of 2013 for a card that may be as quick as a Titan...

Fair enough. You can't argue with that. :)

AMD Section - For discussion about AMD cards.

NVIDIA Section - For discusssion about Nvidia cards.

General graphics section. For discussion about all graphics cards.

The idea behind this is you won't have the same people bashing amd drivers in the amd section. Nor would you have the same people bashing titan/nvidia prices in the nvidia section. That would solve the issue greg mentioned earlier anyway. I think it could work. Its just a suggestion. :)

It doesn't work on any forum that I have been on. And to be honest I haven't seen anything too bad in these forums. The biggest thing I find is if somebody does have a criticism of AMD and somebody else argues against that criticism then they are branded an AMD fanboy and you get all these posts saying things like careful now, you don't want AMD fans leaping in to ruin the thread etc etc.

Those comments and the people who make them are the ones that action should be taken against, because they just inflame the situation.

The thing I like about Overclockers forums is everybody seems to be allowed say their piece. And that is right and proper. That shouldn't change and other forum users should be allowed argue with that view if they want, as long as it's respectful. Like the Titan for example, some people think it's too expensive, that's their opinion and they should be allowed express it without been jumped on.

Last edited:
While the 89xx and 7xx cards are awhile away yet if either did come out earlier than projected it would be possible to get a card thats ballpark 5-10% slower than the titan for half the price... 7xx cards are pencilled in for a mid-year release (tho in the past thats turned out to actually be more like November) but this time around I think we might actually see the 770/780 around June. For some reason AMD seems to be artifically holding off on the 8970 release but likewise.

you need to be careful looking for 780 rumours - most of the ones that come up on google are from months ago referencing a March release - which turned out to be Titan, not 780... the last rumour I read regarding 7** series indicated end of 2013, so more like (as you mention) November / December time

The thing I like about Overclockers forums is everybody seems to be allowed say their piece. And that is right and proper. That shouldn't change other forum users should be allowed argue with that view if they want, as long as it's respectful. Like the Titan for example, some people think it's too expensive, that's their opinion and they should be allowed express it without been jumped on.

The highlighted bit is the problem though, a lot of the time it isn't, someone gets a bee in their bonnet about posting negative comments on a product and it completely derails the thread in to pointless bickering, which probably doesn't do OCUK any favours as a marketing tool (which is basically what a company owned forum is)

Last edited:
you need to be careful looking for 780 rumours - most of the ones that come up on google are from months ago referencing a March release - which turned out to be Titan, not 780... the last rumour I read regarding 7** series indicated end of 2013, so more like (as you mention) November / December time

I'm not going on internet rumours for 7xx details.

EDIT: Well not google/forum speculation.

EDIT2: I can't see it being that much later tho as otherwise its gonna mean nVidia have to push back maxwell artificially - unless maxwell runs into unexpected issues.

Last edited:
It doesn't work on any forum that I have been on. And to be honest I haven't seen anything too bad in these forums. The biggest thing I find is if somebody does have a criticism of AMD and somebody else argues against that criticism then they are branded an AMD fanboy and you get all these posts saying things like careful now, you don't want AMD fans leaping in to ruin the thread etc etc.

Those comments and the people who make them are the ones that action should be taken against, because they are just inflame the situation.

The thing I like about Overclockers forums is everybody seems to be allowed say their piece. And that is right and proper. That shouldn't change other forum users should be allowed argue with that view if they want, as long as it's respectful. Like the Titan for example, some people think it's too expensive, that's their opinion and they should be allowed express it without been jumped on.

+1

It's just a small minority of **** stirrers like I said.

Those comments and the people who make them are the ones that action should be taken against, because they just inflame the situation.

The thing I like about Overclockers forums is everybody seems to be allowed say their piece. And that is right and proper. That shouldn't change and other forum users should be allowed argue with that view if they want, as long as it's respectful. Like the Titan for example, some people think it's too expensive, that's their opinion and they should be allowed express it without been jumped on.

+1

It's just a small minority of **** stirrers like I said.

+2.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I knew something was up when I still hadn't recieved my DPD tracking number. Phoned the e-tailer and I am first in queue for the next batch. I asked, how can this be when I ordered 2 on friday at around 14:02.... ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Blagged off and not happy :(

Back
Top Bottom