• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce Titan rumours.

Associate
Orangey, I'll do it... if I can just block half a dozen or so users first... I think the most annoying guy must be on a little holiday now anyway :D

Soldato
Well that's my point it's entirely up to the buyer, but the people labelling them as crazy or pathetic for buying TITAN need to calm themselves down a little.

No that wasnt your point you were comparing it to a Bugatti Veyron and were moaning about people giving their opinion. ;)

Some people think paying £450 for a top end gpu is crazy but that's totally upto them and at the end of the day who cares.

Man of Honour
Well that's my point it's entirely up to the buyer, but the people labelling them as crazy or pathetic for buying TITAN need to calm themselves down a little.

I think people are crazy - but not in an insulting way - for buying one and its not like I wouldn't drop a ton on a new GPU - if you have a need to push a high end display setup or 120Hz its the best option no matter the money - I just think the length of time it can command that price tag is pretty short and the depreciation is going to be huge. If it does turn out neither nVidia or AMD bring out next gen cards til the very end of 2013 or into 2014 then its another matter.

Soldato
Why is there no reviews in here or how they game yet. Is everyone crying in a dark room thinking what have I done. There was a few that said they had them ?

Surely not everyone has sold there's to the gas man.

Permabanned
No that wasnt your point you were comparing it to a Bugatti Veyron and were moaning about people giving their opinion. ;)

Some people think paying £450 for a top end gpu is crazy but that's totally upto them and at the end of the day who cares.

No it was my point actually, and my comparison is just the same really, you can modify cheap cars to go nearly as quick, just like you could stick a 7970 under LN2 and clock the nuts off it. Is it practical? No.

Permabanned
I think people are crazy - but not in an insulting way - for buying one and its not like I wouldn't drop a ton on a new GPU - if you have a need to push a high end display setup or 120Hz its the best option no matter the money - I just think the length of time it can command that price tag is pretty short and the depreciation is going to be huge. If it does turn out neither nVidia or AMD bring out next gen cards til the very end of 2013 or into 2014 then its another matter.

I don't see the price as being that bad in all honesty, if your income is £1000 a month then yeah it probably isn't a good idea, but I'm guessing most people buying earn way above that. I could spend £800 on 4 nights out in London, what would that get me? ******** it all up the wall.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't see the price as being that bad in all honesty, if you're income is £1000 a month then yeah it probably isn't a good idea, but I'm guessing most people buying earn way above that. I could spend £800 on 4 nights out in London, what would that get me? ******** it all up the wall.

How the....?

Well i know how but Why would.....

I give up

Permabanned
How the....?

Well i know how but Why would.....

I give up

Entrance fees to clubs are expensive, taxi there and back, takeaway at end of night and last but not least the sheer amount of booze I could put away. Glad those days are behind me.

Nice signature btw, hope it gets the attention it deserves.

Soldato
No it was my point actually, and my comparison is just the same really, you can modify cheap cars to go nearly as quick, just like you could stick a 7970 under LN2 and clock the nuts off it. Is it practical? No.

Well if that was your point it was poorly put across especially using a Buggati as an example. ;)

Soldato
Entrance fees to clubs are expensive, taxi there and back, takeaway at end of night and last but not least the sheer amount of booze I could put away. Glad those days are behind me.

Nice signature btw, hope it gets the attention it deserves.

Wow you actually managed to spend that much going out?

I think i would die from it all tbh

Oh and ty :D

Man of Honour
I don't see the price as being that bad in all honesty, if your income is £1000 a month then yeah it probably isn't a good idea, but I'm guessing most people buying earn way above that. I could spend £800 on 4 nights out in London, what would that get me? ******** it all up the wall.

I'm basing it as I mentioned on the possibility, tho a slim but not unrealistic one that cards which are in the same performance ballpark give or take a little could be available in only a little over 3 months time and at prices that are closer to half what retailers are now asking for the titan. Or it could be months or the better part of a year until anything else comes close but tbh I wouldn't be betting on that.

Permabanned
The Dyson was being used in a totally different context ie would you pay £900 for a Dyson, No. You were justifiying the Titans price by comparing to a Bugatti. Totally different.

People do pay £900 for Dysons just as people pay £1 million for Veyrons and people will pay £800-£1000 for TITANS. People will always continue to pay for the "best" available solution at that given time even though most of them know it will be beaten within the near future. Life is short, buy what you can whilst you can is what I say :)

Soldato

Yeah I agree dude, like my phone cost £500... A phone, things are expensive these days. It isn't crazy to want the best, whatever it is, think a lil jealousy is taking place. There are other cheaper GPU's for those that don't wanna Titan. This isn't a normal typical GPU, it will retain a lot of value in that is a compute monster and useful for other things aside from gaming.

With the high end cards slowing down, current high end not really as fast as it should be from either camp, it looks like Titan might be on top for a while, or at least a contender. If it lasts a couple years it's already proven worth it's value.

How many people bought Crossfire 7950's at launch for £600 - £700, how many people have SLI GTX 670's GTX 680's at nearly a grand. Why aren't there threads trolling those buyers? :p.

The Titan is the best single card you can buy, a compute / gaming monster with 6GB DDR5, all these people saying it's a waste of money will buy SLI 780's with 1920 cuda cores for 450 a piece and think they got a bargain...

Why buy expensive clothes, should we all go to Primark instead?

Just because there are cheaper options that suit your budget, doesn't mean it applies to others.... Meh.

Soldato
Life is short, buy what you can whilst you can is what I say :)

Now this is very true. I try and live my life by this rule. :)

The point that many are making is that this card is priced very high for a single gpu gaming card which is to be expected seeing as its the most expensive single gpu card ever released. Heck if some people are opposed to paying £450 for a top end gpu then £830+ is definitely going to result in people commenting on the price. In the cold light of day this card has been released 12 or so months after the 680 and 7970 and many were expecting those cards to be replaced with a card of similar performance to the Titan (minus the 6gb of vram and added cost). So you can see why this adds to the fire and therefore attracts attention and comments from people. More so than a regular top end gpu which retails for £450.

Personally I think the performance is good but the price is whack and it would be a bit like buying a Dyson vacuum for £900. I can relate to that line of thought. I can defend the performance but not the price, especially since I have been buying top end gpus for 15+ years. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
The lovely guys here at OcUK are taking my money in the morning for my new build, which should hopefully turn out to be a bit of a beast. Only gone with 1 titan for now though as I'm pretty damn sure that 2 might be overkill for what I'll be playing mostly (BF3!) at 120hz 1080p lol. (112fps average on ultra preset with 1 titan is more than enough tbh and thats not even overclocked)

Seriously can't wait til saturday :D

As for the people constantly on about the price of it, who cares? If you can afford something without hitting the credit cards or overdraft/loans etc then just buy what you like. I couldn't care if someone else bought 4 of them as thats their money, their choice.

Soldato
As for the people constantly on about the price of it, who cares? If you can afford something without hitting the credit cards or overdraft/loans etc then just buy what you like. I couldn't care if someone else bought 4 of them as thats their money, their choice.

^^ This, if your shopping at Lidl and Primark than a Titan probably isn't for you :p. Haha only kidding.

Think of the Titan as a high end Intel CPU.

3570K - HD 7950

3770K - HD 7970

3930K - GTX 680 4GB

3960x - Titan

The regular GPU's will come later..

Back
Top Bottom