• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce Titan rumours.

That sounds more like an infection RetrogamerX :D

Congratulations on buying the gtx 690 yesterday am sure it will be a beast that will serve you well, am kindof excited myself today new mobo and gubbins on the way ...... oh my gawd I am now warm and fuzzy myself ..... this thing is catching :)

I mentioned that but I think it got lost in all the hate.

The 7970/50 was/is a mediocre card till you ramp up the clocks. With Titan being unlocked, I can imagine the same.

Add another 200Mhz to the core and the same for the memory and you could have a beast in wolves clothing (already a beast).

Hopefully some solid data today.

http://www.fudzilla.com/home/item/30500-nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-leaked

Availability next week according to Fudzilla.

Another point... Does anybody know how it can make a 60Hz monitor run at 80Hz? This has me puzzled.

Yes all that hate

I think it might have had something to do with my pic of GTX 690s running FC3 and getting better GPU usage than his 2 way setup that got him going.

I don't know much about monitors but maybe its as simple as outputing higher than 60fps and seeing if they will display 70, 75 or even 80fps.

@ RetrogamerX if I don't do it is sli 680's just as good as the 690? as I might just order another 680 today.

The 690 runs at a slightly lower clock than ref 680s but has the advantage of a hardware fix for microstutter which some people have a problem with using single cards.

At the moment you can get a 690 for near enough the same price as 2 ref 680s which makes it a good buy.

The 690 runs at a slightly lower clock than ref 680s but has the advantage of a hardware fix for microstutter which some people have a problem with using single cards.

At the moment you can get a 690 for near enough the same price as 2 ref 680s which makes it a good buy.

I already have 1 680 so it's cheaper to go sli, I have had crossfire set ups in the past and had no trouble. I don't know ..... I'm sure the real specs of Titan will help me decide.

I already have 1 680 so it's cheaper to go sli, I have had crossfire set ups in the past and had no trouble. I don't know ..... I'm sure the real specs of Titan will help me decide.

If you already own a 680, then yes getting another is the way to go. Unless you plan on gaming above 2560 x1600, a 690 or 2 680s will get the better of the Titan.

For raw performance when ocing a 690 or 2 ref 680s have about the same performance (maybe a slight edge to the 680s but it varries).

Another point... Does anybody know how it can make a 60Hz monitor run at 80Hz? This has me puzzled.

Set the GFX properties refresh rate to what ever you like...whether the monitor will appreciate it or even support it is another thing and you risk damaging the monitor is you start exceeding EDID.

If you already own a 680, then yes getting another is the way to go. Unless you plan on gaming above 2560 x1600, a 690 or 2 680s will get the better of the Titan.

For raw performance when ocing a 690 or 2 ref 680s have about the same performance (maybe a slight edge to the 680s but it varries).

Coolist 2pm then it's all decided .... I have that Fuzzy feeling too :)

This one's for Kap...turn up the sound :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPu9mLfLoOA

Im old enough to remember this when it first came out (the music is great).

The missiles in the opening sequence remind me of the real Titan missiles the yanks used to use.:D

00d2f0f05ea6012cb554005.jpg

Anything can happen in the next half hour

Stand by for Titan

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom