• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce Titan rumours.

One card to rule them all!! MORNING.

And in the darkness render them, no, I'll get me coat...

I think I've made a decision I currently have a 680 which I'd imagine I can get £300 for , if the Titan is no less than 30% improvement on frames per second and the price is no more than £550 then I'm in but I suspect the price will be higher...

Obviously if its a huge performance increase I'll consider selling my granny for use in burgers or something after all any old meat will do these days.

Last edited:
There is only one thing we really need to know today, that's the price, everything else is a little irrelevant if we can't swallow that !

I could not hear myself think yesterday, but chewed over those bench marks, I believe the way Nvidia presented them did them no favours. I like techpowerup's reviews, hope Wiz had cards to review :)

And in the darkness render them, no, I'll get me coat...

I think I've made a decision I currently have a 680 which I'd imagine I can get £300 for , if the Titan is no less than 30% improvement on frames per second and the price is no more than £550 then I'm in but I suspect the price will be higher...

Same .... needs to be a good 30+ % above to make the jump. If indeed this can max crysis3 60 fps min + then that it will be an impressive card.

Why did you sell 2 680s if you think they are good?

Because Retro games @ 1080P, so therefore a 690 is an ideal card. I game at 5760x1080 and at higher resolutions like mine, the 256 bit bus isnt great for this res. Infact, 2x7950's can stomp my old 680's at my res.

I intend to get 1 now and 1 later on (when I have more funds) if they are still available.

Because Retro games @ 1080P, so therefore a 690 is an ideal card. I game at 5760x1080 and at higher resolutions like mine, the 256 bit bus isnt great for this res. Infact, 2x7950's can stomp my old 680's at my res.

I intend to get 1 now and 1 later on (when I have more funds) if they are still available.

That's the one thing I'm slightly concerned about. Kind of really need 2 otherwise it's not worth the upgrade. Maybe today we'll find out how limited it will be.

I would be surprised if they have sold much more than 10000 GTX 690s

The thing is once a manufacturer starts using the works "Limited Edition" in the title it gets peoples attention.

The fact they have not reduced the Ram, does lead me to slightly believe it's limited, however, if they can turn a quick profit, what's to say they won't make more.....and you can guarantee they will be cheaper ?

I feel even if they sell all 10,000 in a couple of weeks, they will make more at a later date. It would make good business sense.

Very true ... and they are using the 10000 only ever limited one time offer etc etc ... just to get our tech juices flowing and go headless chicken and buy buy buy.

Back
Top Bottom