• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce Titan rumours.

Because Retro games @ 1080P, so therefore a 690 is an ideal card. I game at 5760x1080 and at higher resolutions like mine, the 256 bit bus isnt great for this res. Infact, 2x7950's can stomp my old 680's at my res.

I intend to get 1 now and 1 later on (when I have more funds) if they are still available.

those crossfire 7950's may be "faster" but you will be stuck with ATI's shocking crossfire driver support.

I know about their crossfire support coz I have used them for years. I switched to green last year and never looked back.

I game at the same res as you matey :)

I would gladly take a more stable and reliable lower frame rate with less micro stutter over a stuttery messy high frame rate.

Bought hardware from OCUK for years now, just never got involved in the forum until Titan came along.

same ... followed for quite a while thought it was time to commit.

Ok, Has got a bit of a battle ground around here the last few years but welcome anyway :)

Your aware if you have ..used to be about 250 posts you get free next day delivery on everything ?

This is confusing for me. In such a limited production you card you would imagine that they all would come with boost or none of them. In fact the Nvidia slide yesterday showed that the Titan has GPU boost 2. That certain cards aren't using boost has to be wrong.

I can see some cards been clocked higher from the start, rumours are that the ASUS ones will definitely be clocked higher.

My other concern is still the power use :) I know, I know, nobody here cares!! But you should care a little at least :p From what we know, these cards are made from binned Gk110 chips that failed the tests for the L20x/K20. Now power efficiency is one of the most stringent tests and probably the one that most of them failed on.

I know I am only guesing here, but, if the best chips are using 235W at 732Mhz core clock and 5.2Ghz memory clock, is it possible at all that increasing the memory clock by 800Mhz and the core clock by 104Mhz that the TDP is 250W?

Couldn't this potentially limit the overclocking headroom?

This is confusing for me. In such a limited production you card you would imagine that they all would come with boost or none of them. In fact the Nvidia slide yesterday showed that the Titan has GPU boost 2. That certain cards aren't using boost has to be wrong.

I can see some cards been clocked higher from the start, rumours are that the ASUS ones will definitely be clocked higher.

My other concern is still the power use :) I know, I know, nobody here cares!! But you should care a little at least :p From what we know, these cards are made from binned Gk110 chips that failed the tests for the L20x/K20. Now power efficiency is one of the most stringent tests and probably the one that most of them failed on.

I know I am only guesing here, but, if the best chips are using 235W at 732Mhz core clock and 5.2Ghz memory clock, is it possible at all that increasing the memory clock by 800Mhz and the core clock by 104Mhz that the TDP is 250W?

I do think that it is a little strange to be offering boost vs no boost then higher clocked etc .. maybe they do not know yet the potential and as we all experiment more the titan will be unleashed .. maybe

You mean increasing power (Watts) TDP really means little if you want to research it. They should all be the same TDP really if they are same chips and coolers.
Indeed, this reported variance is worrying, I do not know if chips are graded as much for functionality or leakage..suspect both (you need to ask Duff Man) but I would think they have set the standard at "x" and graded to it, it would be to complicated to have wild chip variances surely.

Back
Top Bottom