• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce Titan rumours.

:D That is the trouble, you get dragged along in the feeding frenzy !

So ture haha. I was ready to buy yesterday but after having time to sleep on it i've kind of come to my senses. Unless the performance is somthing really spectacular i'll just pick up a second 680 for SLI.

Still looking forward to the reviews though.

So ture haha. I was ready to buy yesterday but after having time to sleep on it i've kind of come to my senses. Unless the performance is somthing really spectacular i'll just pick up a second 680 for SLI.

Are there many games that actually need 680 sli though? Crysis 3 and Far Cry 3 sure, but even in the future there's not much coming out.

I have a problem that I don't need 2 cards for my setup, but I do need about 50% more power, so this solution could be perfect, depending on price obviously :p

Are there many games that actually need 680 sli though? Crysis 3 and Far Cry 3 sure, but even in the future there's not much coming out.

Well it depends really. With a 120hz panel and 3D vision, getting anything less then 120fps isnt ideal so in that situation I need more then a 680 can give on its own.

Pre loaded that this morning...but can not play until Friday :(

The beta MP played fine on a 680, but according to that Nvidia slide TiTan was only about 30% better in the full game and fps were poor !!!

Not long to wait to see it that slide was actually true.

Well, as per the thread I just posted, looks like there won't be any competitor to the Titan this year...

I am 99.99% confident I will be getting a Titan. Hopefully there will still be a couple for sale in a couple of months when funds have replenished.

No doubt I will take a hammering for the price per performance. Whoever does buy Titan's, good luck to em :)

You mean increasing power (Watts) TDP really means little if you want to research it. They should all be the same TDP really if they are same chips and coolers.
Indeed, this reported variance is worrying, I do not know if chips are graded as much for functionality or leakage..suspect both (you need to ask Duff Man) but I would think they have set the standard at "x" and graded to it, it would be to complicated to have wild chip variances surely.

hmm, I think you are missing my point, or maybe I am missing yours :p I am sure that the Titan chips will all be in and around the same "x" standard, they just aren't as efficient as the ones in the K20x/K20. OR maybe the "x" is so high that even the failed K20x parts are better than any desktop part out there.

Just 235w to 250w TDP seems like a small jump for such a massive chip.

I am 99.99% confident I will be getting a Titan. Hopefully there will still be a couple for sale in a couple of months when funds have replenished.

No doubt I will take a hammering for the price per performance. Whoever does buy Titan's, good luck to em :)

Thought you had gone to get your head down, I smiled to myself, "What if the poor Old bugger wakes up to find everything done and dusted" :D

I stayed up the night before last...what a bloody waste of time that was....all I got was sore eyes :D

Thought you had gone to get your head down, I smiled to myself, "What if the poor Old bugger wakes up to find everything done and dusted" :D

I stayed up the night before last...what a bloody waste of time that was....all I got was sore eyes :D

no news of anymore delays today so we should be all good to go in less than 2hrs. I wonder just review or full sale today?

Back
Top Bottom