• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GeForce Titan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I never once mentioned greg in that quote so i dunno where you're getting that from.

Fixed that for you.

watercooled 680s with multiscreen ...

I can only think of one person who has the above set up tied in with the fact that you've been chuntering away at him for days now.

I'm sure he's delighted you've taken such a personal interest in his affairs but, seriously, send him an email if you want to tell him he's got the wrong set up. This is a Graphics Card forum - specifically a thread about the GeForce Titan and is not a helpdesk for your PC problems (or otherwise) nor is it a place for you to air your grievances at another forum member... constantly ...

I think you should apologise to him.

Last edited:
Soldato
My point is thats over double the cost :\ 2 7990s will stomp 2 Titans :\

People willing to spend the money on 2 monster graphics cards would probably prefer them to work... AMD can't even be bothered to release drivers that work for one card in my current favourite game, let alone quad xfire ones

Soldato
I probably not the best person to ask, some people are more sensitive than me to things like this. But to answer your question I have not noticed any microstutter and even using 2 gtx 690s together is very smooth.

Didn't know Nvidia had been working on it, took them long enough!. I'll wait and see if it's improved further in their next gen dual card.

hmmmm, I thought that I read an article once about microstutter that having 3 cards eliminates it completely. It was either on techpowerup or tomshardware. Must see can I find it.
I think i saw that article, but i also see that medium range cards only have 1 connector so you can only run 2 cards max. Purposely done to stop people getting 3 cards?, makes you think.

Last edited:
Permabanned
The lastest drivers for AMD cards have been absolutely the tops for single and xfire use, if they follow this trend they will do the same for 4 way.

I hope so kaap its changed my mind about going Nvidia with the last drivers!

I was so close to swapping for a 680 before these came out!

Permabanned
Fixed that for you.

I can only think of one person who has the above set up tied in with the fact that you've been chuntering away at him for days now.

I'm sure he's delighted you've taken such a personal interest in his affairs but, seriously, send him an email if you want to tell him he's got the wrong set up. This is a Graphics Card forum - specifically a thread about the GeForce Titan and is not a helpdesk for your PC problems (or otherwise) nor is it a place for you to air your grievances at another forum member... constantly ...

I think you should apologise to him.

Again i havent a clue what your on about, but even if i was hes 42 im sure he can fight his own battles? Everytime i even comment after greg you come in flaming me :\

This is why you are known as the 3 musketeers, ill block u now since alls you do is attack me and try blame me for crap all the time mr perfect bodygaurd hero dude.

Permabanned
The graphics card sub forum is getting rather pathetic, if it isn't nvidia/amd fanboys flaming each other it's people just flaming each other for some other reason.

Weehamish you did have a go at Greg but I agree with you on the point you can't say anything on here without 2-3 bumchums grouping up against you.

Seems to be a few round here with some sort of superiority complex.

Soldato
Again i havent a clue what your on about, but even if i was hes 42 im sure he can fight his own battles? Everytime i even comment after greg you come in flaming me :\

This is why you are known as the 3 musketeers, ill block u now since alls you do is attack me and try blame me for crap all the time mr perfect bodygaurd hero dude.

Okie dokie.

He's probably ignoring you which is what I should probably do too but when you're just chuntering away at someone constantly it becomes tiresome for everyone else. As I said above you should apologise and pack it in.

Soldato
Didn't know Nvidia had been working on it, took them long enough!. I'll wait and see if it's improved further in their next gen dual card.

I think i saw that article, but i also see that medium range cards only have 1 connector so you can only run 2 cards max. Purposely done to stop people getting 3 cards?, makes you think.

Yeah there was an interview with Nvidia on Techpowerup last year sometime that said they were working on it. I think they are smoother than AMD in dual setups at the moment anyway.

Well I suppose it's only the hardcore that buy three cards and they generally buy the high end. It makes I suppose.

Permabanned
Okie dokie.

He's probably ignoring you which is what I should probably do too but when you're just chuntering away at someone constantly it becomes tiresome for everyone else. As I said above you should apologise and pack it in.

No you shoudl apologise to me dude you start half the crap and everyone knows it, your still going now!

The other day i came back and you posted back to a comment i made 12 hours before, how sad are you really?

I dunno how ot block so tell me lol?

Soldato

Have a look at your last three pages of posts before saying that anybody else is doing what you yourself are actually doing. I don't believe that you don't realise what you're doing.

OK then as you're not listening, not apologising and still going off topic about God only knows what then it appears that this has run its course and we can see what type of person we're dealing with.

-----------

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/5800985

Here is the Titan in all its glory :(

I can't believe people would try to fake it then be connected to the internet LOL. I'm all for a bit of speculation but kind of makes you think that it's not worth paying attention until something even just a little solid comes out. :(

So is the whole Titan GPU idea just a masked job then now? :(

No mate, it's just somebody trying to fake early leaks on it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I can't believe people would try to fake it then be connected to the internet LOL. I'm all for a bit of speculation but kind of makes you think that it's not worth paying attention until something even just a little solid comes out. :(

Sadly, this happens on every release. Fake slides/rumours and not sure why people do it. Attention seeking maybe? It is pointless and does nothing in a world where it is easy to find out it is faked.

I don't think anyone believed either of the 2 slides showing. I must admit, I wanted to though.

Soldato
Hey Gregster, are you getting senial in your old age? ;)

I think Titan will be overpriced @ $899 if it only is 85% of the GTX 690. I don't need charts or stats to back that up. It's my opinion

Oldtimers :rolleyes:

Anyway more interesting is this below,

It's Sony, Not AMD in GeForce Titan's Crosshair

When we first heard of NVIDIA launching its GK110-based consumer graphics card by as early as February, it took us by surprise. Intimidating naming (GeForce Titan 780?) aside, the graphics card is hoping to better NVIDIA's current-generation flagship, the dual-GPU GeForce GTX 690, in a single-GPU package, but does the graphics card market really need NVIDIA to launch its card at the moment? Perhaps not, but the answer lies not with AMD and competition in the graphics card market, but Sony, and competition between PC and console platforms.

Over the weekend, it surfaced that Sony would introduce its next-generation PlayStation console (codenamed "Orbis") later this month, and it would mark the beginning of the next-generation of game consoles. PlayStation 4 features an updated hardware feature-set, and promises to raise the bar with graphics detail that the console industry held with an iron fist for the past half decade. This presents a challenge for not only NVIDIA, but PC gaming in general. Here's how.
It's no news that PC graphics have always trumped consoles, but lost out on the "cost factor." Advocates of consoles falsely compare the cost of an entire PC (approaching or crossing $1,000) with a $300 console. In our opinion, marketing honchos at both NVIDIA and AMD failed to adequately present the argument that a graphics card as a single component costs exactly the same as a game console, and transforms desktop computers that average households already own, into gaming PCs.

With the introduction of the next-generation PlayStation "Orbis," PC graphics companies such as NVIDIA need to launch new products to remind the masses that PC gaming looks, feels, and plays better than consoles, even the newest ones on the block. NVIDIA just happened to have the GK110 lying around.

The GeForce Kepler 110 (GK110) is NVIDIA's (possibly the industry's) biggest GPU. Conceived around the time when the 28 nanometer silicon fabrication process at TSMC was relatively new and prone to yield problems, it was put on the back-burner when NVIDIA realized its second fastest chip, the GK104, stood a real chance against AMD's "Tahiti" high-end GPU. Even as New Year's 2013 approached, the most audacious speculators in the press were led to believe that NVIDIA would take its time launching the GK110 with its GTX 700 series, some time much later than February. What changed? Well for one, Sony and Microsoft agreed to chart out their next-generation console launch schedules, so either's products get maximum market exposure, and that is bad for the PC platform.

The GeForce "Titan" 780 GK110 card, hence, is NVIDIA not only batting for its own GeForce brand (which already leads AMD Radeon in the PC space), but PC gaming in general. We don't expect to see crates full of these graphics cards making their way to stores just yet, but a text-book NVIDIA launch. Over the decade NVIDIA learned that when it has limited initial inventories of a new product and yet wants to avoid the dunce cap of a "paper launch," (a launch that's just on paper, with no public availability), it pools up just enough quantities of the product for worldwide press (for launch date reviews), and limited launches in key markets such as the US and EU.

http://www.techpowerup.com/179750/It-s-Sony-Not-AMD-in-GeForce-Titan-s-Crosshair.html

Soldato
Well Far Cry 3 does not support SLI at a code level so it will always be a bit pony.

Nvidia have a list of all of the games that are actually coded to support multiple GPUs and there are far fewer that you would think tbh.

As for 3 and 4 way as well as quad SLI? well during my testing with a pair of 3870x2* and Quad SLI (two 295s) I concluded that both were completely stupid and a waste of time. During the Quadfire tests I found one game that played ball and that was BFBC2.

* Basically I put two 3870x2 in a PC with two PSUs running a 8800 Ultra for Physx using two PSUs.

The only game it worked in that supported it at a code level was BFBC2 and it absolutely bloody flew. So fast was it that it outperformed a pair of 5770s in CFX.

However, that was the only game out of about twenty that it worked with and the rest were just stuttering juddery messes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom