• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GeForce Titan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Some people have watercooled 680s with multiscreen when the right option would have been 7970s because of the VRAM limit of the 680s

If you're going to whinge at someone (I assume you're still bickering on at Gregster) at least get your facts straight:

a) what is a lot of money to you may be small change to other people so you can't really comment without knowing what people earn nor should you really comment in the first place;

b) if you had 1 680 first of all (due it being faster than the 7970 when released) why would you sell up, take a loss on the 680, and buy 2 7970s at that point when the difference pre 12.11 wasn't THAT much?

c) the reason the 7970s are faster than the 680s is nothing to do with VRAM. It's to do with the wider bus but I don't expect you really understand that;

d) if you carry on whinging at Gregster over multiple threads I'll be a dirty grass and dob you in to the mods and you're probably going to find yourself suspended (again :rolleyes:) so give it a rest;

*if somebody else already hasn't reported :D

In fact, if anyone else finds weehamish's illiterate off topic rantings annoying and/or offensive please use the report to mod thing.

Last edited:
Soldato
Does anyone know if Nvidia or AMD are doing anything about the micro stuttering situation?, i've read elsewhere that it seems the only way to fix it completely would be to have another piece of hardware like some sort of add in card that makes sure frames are displayed at exactly the same time?.

I'd be interested in the next gen dual cards if it's fixed, or even 2 single cards.

Man of Honour
My point is thats over double the cost :\ 2 7990s will stomp 2 Titans :\

Probably not, they will be let down by the drivers a lot of the time.

If I use the latest drivers and run a HD 5970 on 3dmark11 I get a score a bit less than I do for a HD 7970. If I run 2 HD 5970s with the latest drivers on 3dmark11 I also get a score a bit less than a HD 7970 in fact its the same score as using a single 5970. The problem is for that bench the latest drivers do not work in quadfire.

If you read reviews for 4 HD7970 chips in quadfire this seems to happen a bit to often.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Glad to see you was on my wavelength Kaap :) I am not putting AMD down at all but tri and quadfire are not the best supported.

I think AMD have done well for single and xfire setups recently but above that for 3 and 4 way support is poor.

nvidia are sometimes a bit slow getting drivers out for quad sli but they do get there, the Heaven bench is a good example in the end they came good.

Man of Honour
Does anyone know if Nvidia or AMD are doing anything about the micro stuttering situation?, i've read elsewhere that it seems the only way to fix it completely would be to have another piece of hardware like some sort of add in card that makes sure frames are displayed at exactly the same time?.

I'd be interested in the next gen dual cards if it's fixed, or even 2 single cards.

I expect with any upcomming nvidia dual gpu cards they will use the same hardware fix they incorporated into the GTX 690. Maybe there is a way to get this to work with 2 single cards.

Caporegime
I have seen none of this micro stutter on the latest drivers and did some frame latency tests in demanding games like Far Cry 3 and Crysis 3. The 310.xx drivers were shocking for stutter though.

Permabanned
If you're going to whinge at someone (I assume you're still bickering on at Gregster) at least get your facts straight:

a) what is a lot of money to you may be small change to other people so you can't really comment without knowing what people earn nor should you really comment in the first place;

b) if you had 1 680 first of all (due it being faster than the 7970 when released) why would you sell up, take a loss on the 680, and buy 2 7970s at that point when the difference pre 12.11 wasn't THAT much?

c) the reason the 7970s are faster than the 680s is nothing to do with VRAM. It's to do with the wider bus but I don't expect you really understand that;

d) if you carry on whinging at Gregster over multiple threads I'll be a dirty grass and dob you in to the mods and you're probably going to find yourself suspended (again :rolleyes:) so give it a rest;

In fact, if anyone else finds weehamish's illiterate off topic rantings annoying and/or offensive please use the report to mod thing.

Are you for real? You are constantly following me about and derailing threads left right and center! You have no right to talk and this is once again a personal attack on me.

I never once mentioned greg in that quote so i dunno where your getting that from.

You have derailed 3 threads posting silly images after quoting me. So please be quiet.

Man of Honour
Yeah, i saw that the 690 frames variance differs only a little bit compared to a single card, is it noticeable at all?

I probably not the best person to ask, some people are more sensitive than me to things like this. But to answer your question I have not noticed any microstutter and even using 2 gtx 690s together is very smooth.

Permabanned
Probably not, they will be let down by the drivers a lot of the time.

If I use the latest drivers and run a HD 5970 on 3dmark11 I get a score a bit less than I do for a HD 7970. If I run 2 HD 5970s with the latest drivers on 3dmark11 I also get a score a bit less than a HD 7970 in fact its the same score a using a single 5970. The problem is for that bench the latest drivers do not work in quadfire.

If you read reviews for 4 HD7970 chips in quadfire this seems to happen a bit to often.

Yeah i do agree AMD have driver issues and ive said that for a long time.

For single card 13.2 has sorted a lot of things out for me.

I wouldnt even try quad sli or XF so i cant comment on that and belive what your saying.

Soldato
I think AMD have done well for single and xfire setups recently but above that for 3 and 4 way support is poor.

nvidia are sometimes a bit slow getting drivers out for quad sli but they do get there, the Heaven bench is a good example in the end they came good.

hmmmm, I thought that I read an article once about microstutter that having 3 cards eliminates it completely. It was either on techpowerup or tomshardware. Must see can I find it.

Man of Honour
Yeah i do agree AMD have driver issues and ive said that for a long time.

For single card 13.2 has sorted a lot of things out for me.

I wouldnt even try quad sli or XF so i cant comment on that and belive what your saying.

The lastest drivers for AMD cards have been absolutely the tops for single and xfire use, if they follow this trend they will do the same for 4 way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom