• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GeForce Titan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I tried earlier and it wouldn't do 1250mhz on the core and 1600mhz on the memory so I just put it back to stock. Wasn't worth the small gain.

Hmmm, thats unfortunate for a windforce :(

After reading that article, I really might just sell up my 670 for as much as I can when it comes out and go with the Titan... ARGGHHH! I'll just have to wait for the launch price to see if I can afford it. £600 would be nice, but I think they'll come in at £700-750 if they're $900. Damn European mark ups. :mad:

Mei

Mei

Soldato
any1 seen any pics to see what it looks like yet?
i wonder if its going to be good looking like the 690 or hm not

only thing thats given me a clue is they not allowing custom coolers which is what they did with the 690, you got to hope the cooler is atleast as good

maybe this doesnt bother the watercooling ppl but it does me :p

Associate
Hm and I was thinking of pairing my 680 with a friend, think I'll sit back and see what this has to offer though - selling the 680 should justify the money spent on potentially a 2nd (just convincing myself)

Soldato
With the high end GPU's I really don't see the need to overclock but each to their own. The extreme enthusiast market who try to break records is a very tiny percentage of their sales so I very much doubt they're bothered. They only care whether they can beat AMD stock for stock.

Thing is.

People can say the enthusiast market is small but if its so small why do games have ultra settings applicable. The people who buy the high grade cards typically know their way round Afterburner ;)

Soldato
It is small but it's the enthusiasts and benchers that buy these cards.

It makes you wonder what amd have up their sleeve to prompt nvidia into releasing the titan, as in fairness they could have branded it a 780 & released it to compete with the 8000 series later in the year.

Soldato
Son of a.... BISCUIT!

I already paid £420 for my 680 on release day, dont think im stupid enough to fork out nearly twice that for a titan. Madness!

Soldato
see there is a new rumour now that it's going to faster than a 690. Techpowerup has a picture showing it getting a 3D mark score on the extreme preset of X7107. It's from a chinese website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom