• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GeForce Titan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Dodgy translation but you get the gist :)

s_690f5fd4d9024b4bb04eb2f2877579f6.jpg

S2012050811441634.jpg

There is something very dodgy about that X preset score

Using 2 GK104 GPUs in sli for this bench you get very good scaling (either as separate cards or in a GTX 690)

A GTX 690 with its 2 GK104 chips has about the same transister count as the GK110 chip. The important bit is on the GTX 690 it is far easier to keep the chips cooler and therefore run higher clocks compared to having the same number of transisters on the same chip (GK110). Also to get that score if it was true would require a massive amount of wattage due to the inefficient way the GK110 would run with the temp the GPU would be running at.

I think what we are looking at in the pics above are a pair of GTX 680s in sli with the nuts clocked off of them.

If the whole point of the pics was to show how well the titan runs, why would anyone cross out the name (thats assuming 3dmark11 would even recognize the card in the first place).

Last edited:
Man of Honour
^^ agreed but I do love a good rumour :) I might start some dodgy ones :p

I think the performance of the Titan in sli will be good in 3dmark11 but more so on the P preset. Going on how my cards run they don't cope very well with extemely high FPS compared to HD 7970s in xfire. I think this is due to the 256 bit bus my cards uses. A good example of this is the heaven bench 8 pack beats my setup by about 600 points but whats interesting is his max FPS are 200 odd FPS higher than mine (even my 2 HD 7970s beat my nvidia cards for max fps on the heaven bench). The 256bit bus just can not cope compared to the 384 bit bus found on the HD 7970s.

The memory bus on the Titan should put this right.:D

Man of Honour
Thanks mate. He has a fair wad (enough for a 690) and I told him to wait for Titan specs. If close to what we are seeing, it could be the best option.

These days its difficult to recommend a GTX 690, there are better options available or commin up.

I think for anyone wanting a ultra high end card in the next month the Titan is the best bet. The one spec we do know is the memory size and bus on the Titan which for future proofing puts it streets ahead of the GTX 690.

The other thing about the Titan performance is 2 of them will beat a GTX 690 by a wide margin, 3 Titans will edge out 2 GTX 690s and 4 Titans well thats just plain greedy.:D

Man of Honour
I thought 1 titan beats a 690?

No

There are lots of rumors going round but last time I looked even nvidia are only claiming 85% the performance of a GTX 690 and thats a bit optomistic.

What is important is that for a single GPU the Titan will be a big step up from a GTX 680 or HD 7970 with all the benifits that go with being a single GPU.

As for performance in say 3dmark11 a pair of GTX 690s or 4 GTX 680s are good for around 39000 on graphics. Even being conservative 4 Titans in SLI on 3dmark11 could go as high as 56000 or more on graphics providing your CPU is up to it.

Permabanned
Why is the rumoured price so high? I know it's their new flagship but the 680 wasnt that price :s, they're charging more simply due to the power increase or whats new about these to warrant such a high price?

Caporegime
So this card will actually be to play Farcry 3 at ultra online?

What price is the rumor £700+?

No, this card will play any current game (including Crysis 3) at full specs hopefully.

Why is the rumoured price so high? I know it's their new flagship but the 680 wasnt that price :s, they're charging more simply due to the power increase or whats new about these to warrant such a high price?

My thoughts are it being a limited edition GPU and hence they can charge what they want for it. Rumours are touting 85% the power of a 690 to being 19% more powerful than a 690.

Release rumoured for this month, so not long to wait for full specs.

Permabanned
But still 2 x 7970s will pwn it then? and be much cheaper.

But for a single gpu it could be cool, specially trampling the 690, but the price is simply a no go.

Caporegime
But still 2 x 7970s will pwn it then? and be much cheaper.

But for a single gpu it could be cool, specially trampling the 690, but the price is simply a no go.

That is a silly statement. That is like saying "but 2 560Ti's are faster than a 680". The Titan is a single GPU, not dual, so 4 Titans will Pawn 8 7970's....

The price will be a go for some (and maybe me).

Permabanned
Considering it's a limited edition GPU, it's to be expected this will be more powerful than the entire single GPU lineup of the 7 series then right? more of a jewel in the crown card knowing it will only be trumped by a 790? as if thats the case, i'd be very tempted myself :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom