• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GeForce Titan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I would be a tiny bit worried if I was Nvidia naming a card Titan, isn't Titan ment to mean biggest and best? Say it fails to deliver what AMD 8000 series give?

Seriously? I don't think you will get a job naming Nvidia cards :D

The 7 series cards are rumoured for June this year and will release after AMD 8 series cards (maybe they will pump the clocks just enough to take the crown from AMD again like last time).

Caporegime
By AMD??? sorry had to put that there :D:D

This is why I will never buy an AMD card.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macular_degeneration

Age-related macular degeneration (AMD) is a medical condition which usually affects older adults and results in a loss of vision in the center of the visual field (the macula) because of damage to the retina. It occurs in "dry" and "wet" forms. It is a major cause of blindness and visual impairment in older adults (>50 years). Macular degeneration can make it difficult or impossible to read or recognize faces, although enough peripheral vision remains to allow other activities of daily life.

I am getting close to 50 now you know :(

Soldato
So are we going to get a nice midrange card under £200,which matches the GTX680??

I can still remember cards like the 6600GT,7600GT and 8800GT and yet in the last few years the performance increases have been a joke.

Its all really great when AMD and Nvidia release high end cards,but with the new consoles coming out in the next year,multi-platform games are going to become much more hardware intensive IMHO, so perhaps they can also concentrate on the 95% of gamers who are not spending £200+ on a new graphics card.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Thats a beast of an X score.

Time to get saving if true, good job I didn't buy blocks for my 7970's yet :o

Edit: Haha greg's old :p

Old and unwise :p

I'm guessing AMD will have something else lined up to counter this. I doubt the new 8970 will get a score like that.

AMD have nothing of a single GPU to counter this that I know of but I still firmly believe that these cards will be sold in a limited quantity (binned Tesla chips) and not that many available.

8970 Vs 780 will be the GPU choices and Titan will have a pedestal all to its self :)

Permabanned
True I didn't consider the price range. You can probably get 2 of the new top end 8 series GPU's for the price of this "Titan".

Caporegime
Dodgy translation but you get the gist :)

Transfer from mydrivers.com
According to various news NVIDIA will launch this year based on the the GK110 core desktop graphics, will enable a new "GeForce Titan" call naming high-end cards may be called the "GeForce Titan 780. Now, the first performance data was traced out.
The card may have 2688 stream processors (masked group), with a 384-bit 6GB GDDR5 memory, core memory frequencies of 732MHz, chosen to be 5.2 GHz that conforms to.
, Before rumors about its performance in two different ways than the GTX 680 upgrade is probably up to 55% , the second is about 85% of the equivalent of the GTX 690 . In accordance with the results of our previous pro-test, the GTX 680, GTX 690 3DMark 11 with top Core i7-3960X results were X3192, X5972 , so doing GeForce Titan 780 achievements should X4948, X5076, correspond exactly, X5000 look around.
But today morning, the domestic players Forum PCINLIFE A netizen posted a score chart, known as the GeForce Titan ran out, results with the Core i7-2600K impressively ran the X7107! !

s_690f5fd4d9024b4bb04eb2f2877579f6.jpg

What is the concept? 2.23 times the previous generation single-core flagship dual-core card Wong 1.19 times, or even to be 15% higher than the GTX 680 SLI.
Posting to this absence of any explanation, authenticity has yet to be investigated, anyway online A Rice N rice pot exploded. Previously many claims have declared the GK110 core of performance is very scary, but the next-generation single-core directly seconds off the previous generation dual-core or too incredible if true is bound to become a miracle on the graphics card history, selling $ 899 pretty reasonable. GeForce Titan said as early as February will be released, and see how things go.

S2012050811441634.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom