• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GeForce Titan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
Well your lucky dude!

My car is a total drain! £200 for road tax £800 for insurance :/ there's a new pc right there! ****es me off big time!.

And don't get me started on the wife and kid lol i can't count them losses hahaha

Soldato
I haven't seen much info on this, but are these cards high end or those stupidly overpriced ones like those Mars cards they had before that were barely any better?

i'm guessing the latter seeing as the price is so high.

bru

bru

Soldato
Not sure why you gave a link to the older HD 7970 VS the GTX 680?

Like I already said AMD launching a low clocked part and Nvidia launching an auto overclocking part made the GTX 680 look more favorable. When both cards are overclocked the HD 7970 is faster..

Nvidia are expensive right now, I don't know why you would say otherwise tbh..

You can pick up a HD 7970 for around £289 the cheapest GTX 680 is around £360. The 7970 has better performance, hence smart money is on AMD right now..

If the Titan comes in at $899 it'll be ridiculous..

Here's a more fair comparison, http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/555?vs=618 and that is without CAT 12.11, and still low clocked, most 7970's can reach 1150 - 1200..

I don't know if you actually noticed that your more fair comparison still has Nvidia wining 25 out of the 48 gaming test.

and I just love the fact that nearly everyone rages on about how much of an improvement the CAT 12.11's were but yet no mention or thought of the improvements that Nvidia drivers have brought to the table.

It is only fair to compare cards either at stock settings or with BOTH overclocked.

Don't the AMD cards boost via the drivers now?

Caporegime
3d11extreme.jpg

That is my 2 680's at 1202Mhz core clock. I seriously doubt the slide I posted earlier. Why would they black out the date? That has no relevance to any NDA.

Man of Honour
3d11extreme.jpg

That is my 2 680's at 1202Mhz core clock. I seriously doubt the slide I posted earlier. Why would they black out the date? That has no relevance to any NDA.

If the Titan is a single GPU card it would have to use a lot more watts to equal let alone beat your 2 cards in sli. One huge GPU will get hotter, run less efficiently and use more watts than 2 smaller GPUs to produce the same performance. If the rumors are claiming 235w TDP something does not add up.

Permabanned
@ Boomstick

Very childish answer and expected. I have no more time to waste with your misinformation.

I don't know the full story here, but you Greg are the biggest hypocrite going! You do this all the time! How can you even say he's childish there's like 10 threads of you doing this on the front page!

I agree i don't think the titan can be anywhere near a 690 and if it is its just going backwards like mentioned above.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
This should kill off one rumor if that dodgy slide is anything to go by

titannot.jpg

The Titan is not faster than a GTX 690

Edit in fact the person who made that slide was probably using a GTX 690

Caporegime
I think realistically, the early rumours of 85% of a 690 are closer to the truth. It is massively dependant on the amount they can get the core clock up and the amount of SM's lasered off to do this. If they can get the core clock up to around 1000Mhz, it will be powerful but I doubt that will happen and will need serious power and cooling for that to happen.

300W + needed (I don't care how much it needs) IMO.

Man of Honour
Im really looking forward to the launch of the Titan, at first I was not keen on the concept but the more I think about it the better it gets.

Theres a big clue as to what the performance is going to be now we are in February. Check out the stock levels OCUK are carrying of GTX 690s (40+ including the w/c ones). So there does not seem to be any hurry to clear the shelves. This points to the Titan fitting in between the GTX 680 and GTX 690 with performance.

Soldato
Im really looking forward to the launch of the Titan, at first I was not keen on the concept but the more I think about it the better it gets.

Theres a big clue as to what the performance is going to be now we are in February. Check out the stock levels OCUK are carrying of GTX 690s (40+ including the w/c ones). So there does not seem to be any hurry to clear the shelves. This points to the Titan fitting in between the GTX 680 and GTX 690 with performance.

Good point, hopefully indicating prices at or around £700 :)

Soldato
I don't think Titan will use as much power as you think, remember people are comparing them to 680's that IMO have been pushed well past their optimum efficiency to get the numbers.

If you have played with Ivy bridge CPU's you will have noted they run on "fresh air" up to 4.2GHZ and under 60c push them another 5% and the heat increases 20% :eek:

Caporegime
I don't think Titan will use as much power as you think, remember people are comparing them to 680's that IMO have been pushed well past their optimum efficiency to get the numbers.

If you have played with Ivy bridge CPU's you will have noted they run on "fresh air" up to 4.2GHZ and under 60c push them another 5% and the heat increases 20% :eek:

This is the thing. When you start pushing the core up, the power increses considerably. with a 2011 CPU @ 1.495 volts and 2 680's, I can pull 1150W from the wall.

I don't think I will be far away with my 300W guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom