• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GeForce Titan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
This is the thing. When you start pushing the core up, the power increses considerably. with a 2011 CPU @ 1.495 volts and 2 680's, I can pull 1150W from the wall.

I don't think I will be far away with my 300W guess.

And my point has always been games play better based on the min fps not the max, and this tends to improve very little with over clocks.

Don't suppose your lightnings/software allow dropping the voltage to 1.0v to prove this ?

Caporegime
I can lower the voltage to 1.075V but not sure if it would be accepted by the drivers. Nvidia have blocked any third party software from upping the voltage and I expect it works the same vice versa.

I am busy at the mo but will have a try later.

Soldato
I can lower the voltage to 1.075V but not sure if it would be accepted by the drivers. Nvidia have blocked any third party software from upping the voltage and I expect it works the same vice versa.

I am busy at the mo but will have a try later.

Would be very interesting regarding power requirements :)

Caporegime
I think i got mixed up i see 2x580s is much faster then a 590 which is nearly the same as one 680.

Also you need remember them benches are old u linked them vs the 680 and 7970 to say the 680 is better in a thread the other day.

So the 590 was a bad card really specially for price at the time.

Sigh!!!

I will explain it for you. The 590 didn't use two full fat 580 chips, more like 570 chips and the only full 590 which used two full fat 580 chips was the Asus Mars II.

The 690 uses two full fat 680 chips and thus performs twice as fast as a 680. The Titan with rumours of being 85% the speed of a 690, doesn't make it 85% faster than a 680. I am rubbish at math but I would imagine it being around 55% faster than a 680.

Regardless of what I link, the increases for Nvidia cards are not going to make the card twice as fast as 2*580's. My link was to disprove that a 7970 was faster than a 680 from the start. Only the 12.11 drivers have brought the 7970 to the top of the leaderboard.

Would be very interesting regarding power requirements :)

Agreed.

Associate
Just to jump back to the slide, they may have blacked out the date so they could not see when the card was tested and therefore make it more difficult to find out where the engineering samples were at that time/date ?

Caporegime
Just to jump back to the slide, they may have blacked out the date so they could not see when the card was tested and therefore make it more difficult to find out where the engineering samples were at that time/date ?

I love your optimism and wish I could do the same. I wish it is a legit slide but part of me says no chance.

Soldato
Just a point in general, bear in mind it has twice the transistor count of a 680 so theoretically could perform as well as 680 SLI, I doubt it will quite be that good but it's possible.

Soldato
@ Boomstick

Very childish answer and expected. I have no more time to waste with your misinformation.

Are you ok mate?

All I said was Titan was overpriced for what it is.. Basically we should expect single card performance on par with last gens dual card as with every other generation of video cards.

You got all defensive because I said it was to expensive, it's only my opinion. No need to be upset by it. It looks like a great card just very expensive, i'll bite at $499..

Take it easy dude.

Permabanned
Are you ok mate?

All I said was Titan was overpriced for what it is.. Basically we should expect single card performance on par with last gens dual card as with every other generation of video cards.

You got all defensive because I said it was to expensive, it's only my opinion. No need to be upset by it. It looks like a great card just very expensive, i'll bite at $499..

Take it easy dude.

You don't know what you've just let yourself in for lol! His troop will be on your case now haha.

Soldato
Little disappointing but not surprising that people are commenting on this card and they obviously have not made much effort to find out what it is all about.

I would recommend googling Kepler GK110, you might get a better feel for Titans costs and performance etc..

Caporegime
Are you ok mate?

Take it easy dude.

I am fine thanks. I disproved all your postings and you had nothing to back anything up you said, so posted a gif. Like I said, very childish. At least acknowledge what is being refuted.

You don't know what you've just let yourself in for lol! His troop will be on your case now haha.

Please remain on topic. I have researched Titan and what could be but you are posting, what appears to be nothing more than 'Trolling' and 'Baiting' At least Boomstick had some points. You are just asking silly questions and then going massively off topic.

Y'know what Hamish? I've been thinking... Greg's a bit old for me. Can I be part of your troop instead?
You probably dress better too.

Let me know bro :)

Behave Dave :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom