• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GeForce Titan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
I love your optimism and wish I could do the same. I wish it is a legit slide but part of me says no chance.

+1

No chance what so ever.

I think its a GTX 690 if you compare the individual tests for graphics to the one I did they are pretty similar. If it was a different chip ie not GK104 the results might well show more variation.

Edit even the run gregster did earlier shows more variation where he is using 2 cards rather than a single card like me (look at graphics test 3).

Last edited:
Caporegime
384 bit bus is a given and possibly add 6GB to that (not that it is needed). That is what I am interested in more so than raw performance. If it comes in at 30% faster than a 680 with a tag of £700, that will hurt but 50% would soften the blow a little.

Soldato
Wait we are all part of troops are we now! :eek:

In that case im joining the .... :p

thegoodies.jpg

GOODIES POSSIE :D

Sorry for going dreadfully off topic but I was watching Top Gear... :o:o

Permabanned
LOL greg are you for real? You offtopic spam every thread mate so dont DARE pull that one, i can say that in atleast 10 threads off today! So please mr hypocrite be quiet.

OT: I am actually asking question about the titan card, you rage at anyone who doesnt have your views of it because you love Nvidia so bad, i only care about performance.

Soldato
This is so like the rumours that started in January last year about the 680. Fake slides, out of the world performance, £700+ price tag and getting released sometime in February.

And does anyone else find it funny that they didn't mention anything about the Titan at CES? Surely a graphics card that is supposedly that powerful and due to be released in February would at least get a mention somewhere? Nothing on their facebook page or anywhere. Like last year they talked about kepler on facebook just after CES.

Man of Honour
This is so like the rumours that started in January last year about the 680. Fake slides, out of the world performance, £700+ price tag and getting released sometime in February.

And does anyone else find it funny that they didn't mention anything about the Titan at CES? Surely a graphics card that is supposedly that powerful and due to be released in February would at least get a mention somewhere? Nothing on their facebook page or anywhere. Like last year they talked about kepler on facebook just after CES.

If the launch date is February 29th then it might be a good idea to start worrying.:D

Caporegime
LOL greg are you for real? You offtopic spam every thread mate so dont DARE pull that one, i can say that in atleast 10 threads off today! So please mr hypocrite be quiet.

OT: I am actually asking question about the titan card, you rage at anyone who doesnt have your views of it because you love Nvidia so bad, i only care about performance.
What questions you ask have been listed in the rumours that have been linked. Nobody knows the specs yet. I never rage at anyone or pull anything. You seen to be a little paranoid.

You need to chillax a little and just read what people post and this will save you asking daft questions.

@BAcon,

I loved the Goodies when I was a youngun :D

Last edited:
Soldato
384 bit bus is a given and possibly add 6GB to that (not that it is needed). That is what I am interested in more so than raw performance. If it comes in at 30% faster than a 680 with a tag of £700, that will hurt but 50% would soften the blow a little.

30% faster at 1080p than a 680 would be good because it would be around 60-65% faster at triple screen :)

weehamish said:

facepalmqs.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Last edited:
Permabanned
I'm failing to see how they could charge so much if the other graphics cards coming down the line this year will be even more powerful, maybe i'm missing a point here but surely the idea of it being limited edition would mean it's in their best interest it stays the top dog of the single GPU world, at least on the Nvidia side, or else whats the point in launching with such a high price, you need that promise/lust to go with it :/

Soldato
I'm failing to see how they could charge so much if the other graphics cards coming down the line this year will be even more powerful, maybe i'm missing a point here but surely the idea of it being limited edition would mean it's in their best interest it stays the top dog of the single GPU world, at least on the Nvidia side, or else whats the point in launching with such a high price, you need that promise/lust to go with it :/

Not another one :confused:

The mainstream cards have been very successfully with cut down kepler cores, so refreshes will normally be usual 10~15 % improvements.
Titan is an opportunity to possibly have an almost full fat version of a K20 card which may yield 65% boost over the 680.....If it ran at the same clocks it could well be close to 100% + boost, Hope you can now see why this thing could be so ground breaking ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom