Poll: General election voting intentions poll

Voting intentions in the General Election - only use the poll if you intend to vote

• Alliance Party of Northern Ireland

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Conservative

Votes: 287 42.0%
  • Democratic Unionist Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green Party

Votes: 67 9.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 108 15.8%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • Other party (not named)

Votes: 15 2.2%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Respect Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 36 5.3%
  • Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • UKIP

Votes: 137 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
OP
No, Keep it as is

I think as we get closer it's fair enough to add in a do not intend to vote option as suggested.

Maybe add a 'Do not intend to vote' option?

Ok, will do.

A weekly poll snapshot would be nice which will then culminate with the GD election vote/discussion thread.

Ok, we can do this weekly for the run up.

In Finland they have bottle/can machines where you feed in your empty bottles and cans (various sizes) and it scans them and tots up how much money you get back. It's been a while since I lived there, so I can't remember the exact amounts, but at the end it printed you out a receipt which acted as a coupon for the value which you could then spend in store (you may have been able to convert it to cash... I can't remember :o). It definitely led to more recycling - I was in a halls of residence, so full of students who were more than happy to get money back :p.

Oddly enough on San Pellegrino bottles you can see what returning them to the store in Finland is worth - I don't have one to hand but I'm pretty sure it's €0.20. I can't remember what you get for other bottles but I quite liked the system, you ended up with lots of students using the empties from a few crates to pay for the next crate of beer...

Soldato
Why would a party want a coalition with the UKIP's 2-4 seats?

The libdems make much more sense, or the SNP is where the real difference would come from.

Tbh I'll be surprised if they get 1 seat I can't imagine the state a constituency would have to be in to get a ukip mp.

Soldato
I can't see how any Conservative supporter can say that we'll be a laughter stock on the world stage with Miliband in charge. Obama thinks that Cameron is an intellectual lightweight and the rest of Europe hates Cameron.

Man of Honour
OP
I'd ask which party people would want to win, rather than who they're voting for, given the FPTP system and how people may not vote for their ideal candidate.

It's a fair point but I reckon where people are tactically voting it's something people can explain if they choose, I think I'm more interested in in seeing how people are actually planning to vote.

Just pulled an empty bottle of S.Pellegrino out of my indoor recycling bin and it's 10c.

Thanks for the correction. :)

New thread is here for anyone to join in. I'll leave this one open for the next hour or so for any final comments before it's closed.

Soldato
Can't understand why anyone would vote conservative...
Unless most people on this board are rich southerners

Not a southerner, not rich, family income and expenditure is just about neutral over past financial year, with no particular extravagances.
As someone who frankly doesn't want to increase the amount of taxes I pay, who would you suggest I vote for?

Soldato
Does anyone have a take on the whole debt/deficit situation?

Cameron's saying we've got it under control but we need to carry on cutting. Milliband's saying we could spend/tax a bit more and still be fine. Clegg saying we should be somewhere in the 'middle'. Then according to Farage we haven't even made an impact on the deficit and are still overspending. Then there's the SNP/Greens claiming we don't need to worry about it and that we should stop austerity and carry on as before.

Can anyone find any evidence to backup their statements as they all seem to be contradicting each other!

Confused :confused:

Soldato
Does anyone have a take on the whole debt/deficit situation?

Cameron's saying we've got it under control but we need to carry on cutting. Milliband's saying we could spend/tax a bit more and still be fine. Clegg saying we should be somewhere in the 'middle'. Then according to Farage we haven't even made an impact on the deficit and are still overspending. Then there's the SNP/Greens claiming we don't need to worry about it and that we should stop austerity and carry on as before.

Can anyone find any evidence to backup their statements as they all seem to be contradicting each other!

Confused :confused:
The economy is doing better and we have a lot more jobs because tax has been reduced. It is about keeping the UK competitive and leaving more in workers pockets. Spending is not completely under control, it is going in the right direction though and eventually will run a surplus. A surplus is achievable through efficient expenditure but not through raising taxes.

Caporegime
I can't see how any Conservative supporter can say that we'll be a laughter stock on the world stage with Miliband in charge. Obama thinks that Cameron is an intellectual lightweight and the rest of Europe hates Cameron.

A point well made, Ed Miliband doesn't look like PM material but while DC may look the part he isn't in practice.

Not only do other world leaders think he's a bit dim or out right hate him he also has no real control over his own party, the Right Wing elements of the Tory party are the ones really incharge of it and him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom