Poll: General election voting intentions poll

Voting intentions in the General Election - only use the poll if you intend to vote

• Alliance Party of Northern Ireland

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Conservative

Votes: 287 42.0%
  • Democratic Unionist Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green Party

Votes: 67 9.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 108 15.8%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • Other party (not named)

Votes: 15 2.2%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Respect Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 36 5.3%
  • Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • UKIP

Votes: 137 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that the dust is settling I think Cameron will be the most pleased with last night. His main threat is still Labour and while Ed performed well, I don't think he'll have convinced people he's a future PM. Nicola Sturgeon and the SNP helped out Cameron big style by their attacks on Labour. All-in-all, I'm standing by my prediction for a Conservative majority government - and then we'll all know what economic pain really means.

Now that the dust is settling I think Cameron will be the most pleased with last night. His main threat is still Labour and while Ed performed well, I don't think he'll have convinced people he's a future PM. Nicola Sturgeon and the SNP helped out Cameron big style by their attacks on Labour. All-in-all, I'm standing by my prediction for a Conservative majority government - and then we'll all know what economic pain really means.

It may be impossible for the Tories to get an overall majority ever again, they didn't get one last time and only got power because of the traitor Clegg.
I don't think that will happen again.

This leaves the Tories and UKIP versus just about everyone else.

Obviously I'm assuming the lib dems don't get many seats, or we will see a Tory lib dem UKIP right wing alliance.

After the first debate I'm planning to run a new poll this afternoon for the next 30 days or so which will take us pretty much up to the election. I'll close this one so debate can move to the new thread.

Any requests for alterations to the polling?

After the first debate I'm planning to run a new poll this afternoon for the next 30 days or so which will take us pretty much up to the election. I'll close this one so debate can move to the new thread.

Any requests for alterations to the polling?

A weekly poll snapshot would be nice which will then culminate with the GD election vote/discussion thread.

This isn't your council's fault but the lack of a decent MRF (Material Recovery Facility) in your area. These are private companies and they dictate how they receive the waste which in turn dictates how your authority collects it.

This isn't 100% true, down here in West Sussex we have just built a MBT plant (1 billion ££'s contract) to take black bag waste and it will take out the food waste and other recycling and make fuel, this facility was built by the County Council (disposal authority) and supported by us District Councils (collection authority) the problem is it was started about a decade ago, when the waste composition looked very different, its delivered by a private company but commissioned and paid for by the Council, the same with the MRF here run by a private company but paid for by the County.

If you cant recycle loads of stuff its because somewhere down the line, it could have been 5/10/15 years ago the decision was made not too or to take a different route, we have had quite a few changes to our MRF paid for from the recycling credits (below all in one bin) but facility's cost so much money its hard to make large changes.

2005 Launch Paper, card, tin cans, plastic bottles
2008 Added glass, tetra pak, aerosol
2015 Added Pots, tubs and trays

I am not sure how far up the chain you are where you work, I am a senior manager so I get to sit on the groups now making the decisions, its great to see someone else in the industry if you want my work email shoot me a trust message.

I really can't see either side going in to coalition with ukip myself. I can certainly see the SNP doing a deal with either side.

Why would a party want a coalition with the UKIP's 2-4 seats?

The libdems make much more sense, or the SNP is where the real difference would come from.

I really can't see either side going in to coalition with ukip myself. I can certainly see the SNP doing a deal with either side.

That is fine where councils accept everything.
Our doesn't currently, there are vast discrepancies.
Locally they won't even take a glass collection, you can recycle glass, but you have to drive it to tescos to do so. Not a massive issue, but given how easy to recycle it is, they should have a bin for it.
They don't take plastic wrap, or plastic bags, just plastic bottles. In this case they only want the bags and wrap into general waste.

Hard to achieve 70% no matter how you separate.

Stuff like that is what the greens want to resolve. If you can recycle glass by taking it to tescos then the re lying pickup needs to take glass, even if the main recycling Center has to have it passed on to somewhere else that does.

Ideally you need standardised easily recyclable packaging. So any say drinks company can re use glass bottles. Then a "large" tax if a company doesn't want to use said packging. It would make a huge difference and boost economy drastically. Less waste, means less raw resources and less energy which are generally all imported.

Could start off slowly and easily with glass drinking bottles.

Worth remembering that the Green led council in Brighton has one of the worst records for recycling.

The Greens can't even manage that.

Brighton had a terrible re lying record before the greens got in power, the greens have made improvements there but not enough.

Still, the greens must be doing something right in Brighton because they are extremely popular there and it is expected to be an easy win with a massively higher margin than in 2010.

Ideally you need standardised easily recyclable packaging. So any say drinks company can re use glass bottles. Then a "large" tax if a company doesn't want to use said packging. It would make a huge difference and boost economy drastically. Less waste, means less raw resources and less energy which are generally all imported.

That is soe thing the continental neighbors do so much better at.
You buy a crate of beer and there is a tax on every bottle, you return said crate to beer shop in either exchange for your next crate without said tax or you get the tax refunded.

Even many US states are way ahead here. In Oregon there was 5c per can or bottle, the net result was people recycles religiously and anything thrown out on the streets was promptly collect eat by the homeless. Really a win win. Shove 5-10p on a can or bottle, 20p in wine bottle that is refunded in your local supermarket. All of sudden people won't find it so tiresome to avoid throwing say their recycling into general trash.

Not rocket science, use more glass and reusable plastic bottles. Works great here, have a few pence deposit on them, machines at the supermarkets to take them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom