Poll: General election voting intentions poll

Voting intentions in the General Election?

• Alliance Party of Northern Ireland

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Conservative

Votes: 254 41.6%
  • Democratic Unionist Party

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 40 6.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 83 13.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 31 5.1%
  • Not voting/will spoil ballot

Votes: 38 6.2%
  • Other party (not named)

Votes: 4 0.7%
  • Plaid Cymru

• Respect Party

• Scottish National Party

Votes: 25 4.1%
  • Social Democratic and Labour Party

• Sinn Fein

• UKIP

Votes: 129 21.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hang on do the Tories want the SNP to get seats or not, if the SNP win seats is that a good thing for the tories?
After all, if the SNP are going to back Cameron then they are less likely to win seats, labour will then take those seats.
The Tories won't win potential SNP seats anyway.

Maybe the Tories are worried that SNP are more left than labour.

Or do they actually think that voters would switch to Tory just because Sturgeon ****s off Milliband?

Its all very odd..

It is an Official government document. She can't deny it. It is just an image portrayed to maximise the amount of seats she takes from Labour. This doesn't support her cause in gaining seats, but it does support her to have a figure that is easy to generalise against and she doesn't feel Miliband is able to be PM.

Who does...

I don't know, I see that the recent growth in the UK is better than anyone else in Europe and quite want that to continue.

I am really quite happy with coalition government, unfortunately it's quite hard to vote for that.

I kind of agree with you there, vote for a coalition government shame you can't.
You simply can't trust the Tories on their own, they will screw you over as this is what they stand for and always will be.

Twitter doesn't work on this board….

I know, just a copy/paste of what she said.
I do wish political parties of all persuasions would cease with the games for once.Just tell the truth and let people make an informed decision based on that. No wonder millions of people don't bother voting.

I know, just a copy/paste of what she said.
I do wish political parties of all persuasions would cease with the games for once.Just tell the truth and let people make an informed decision based on that. No wonder millions of people don't bother voting.

They wouldn't be politicians if they were competent people.

Hang on do the Tories want the SNP to get seats or not, if the SNP win seats is that a good thing for the tories?

SNP seats are a good thing for the Tories; it means that any resulting arrangement post-election is likely to be weak, divided and unstable and allow them to push the England vs. Scotland line that they've been peddling since the referendum. They will hope that a Labour/SNP arrangement will fold messily and allow them to win in another election in a couple of years time.

I think that the Tories will have already privately reconciled themselves with a pending loss of power; the wiser heads will be looking ahead.

I'll vote Conservative. Even though I have no kids, would rather not go for the option of borrowing more money because its not us who will pay for it. Labour party ethics seem at an all time low.

b6vmzn.jpg

After all, if the SNP are going to back Cameron then they are less likely to win seats, labour will then take those seats.
The Tories won't win potential SNP seats anyway.

Maybe the Tories are worried that SNP are more left than labour.

Or do they actually think that voters would switch to Tory just because Sturgeon ****s off Milliband?

Its all very odd..

Take current projections for the SNP, subtract 6 seats (the number they currently hold) and add the remainder to Labour's total. Depending on the poll, they're either have, or are close to, a mahority. So yes, the SNP succeeding in Scotland does help the Tories in the short term. The SNP are essentially killing any chance of a Labour majority.

FWIW, I get the impression the Independent are being a little disingenuous with that story. They're quoting a memo that was written by a civil servant who was working from the transcript of a conversation. So not only is it not a direct quote of something Nicola Sturgeon said, there's also a complete lack of context. Plenty of wiggle room there for a newspaper to create a whole array of stories with no fear of repricussions.

I think that the Tories will have already privately reconciled themselves with a pending loss of power; the wiser heads will be looking ahead.

Interesting point though I think them much too arrogant for that. If they are thinking that, I sincerely hope it is out of fear?

Edit: Quite amazing though how people are prepared to have a go at Farage over his comments about HIV and I haven't heard anybody say how equally or more shocking it would be to make those proposed cuts to the ill and the disabled who need our support the most?

Last edited:
Anyone else think UKIP may have a substantial secret inner vote from people?

When asked with a mic in your face for the polls, there may still be a stigma of saying you will vote UKIP. Or to your friends.

But when your up on your own, many people may want to tick that UKIP box from what they say publically?

This poll for one is not in line with public polls. As well as, this forum should have younger voters which are not as UKIP aligned compared to the older voter. So it's even more strange.

Last edited:
i would like us-UK out of Europe, why? because we have to abide by EU laws, which is not democratic for UK.

from that "debate" (nothing about geopolitics aww they're all stupid and won't understand, playschool rubbish, and the wales wales wales lady)

i'd like, a protected NHS from profit government, and a complete separation from the EU.

not sure who to vote for really.

well i'll go ukip/snp like that'll ever happen lol

we'll end up with the same rich toffs raising taxes for more nuclear weapons to be ameerkin 51st state.

but i do agree with ameerkins, **** the EU.

I'm hoping for a Labour + SNP coalition that will end austerity, start making long term investments to fuel growth and get Britain back to the EU leaders table.

Paid for by what?

This austerity is for a reason, were effectively broke!

I'd love to spend and alter my life for the better, but, I'm in no position to do so and I cut my cloth accordingly, alas Labour seem oblivious to the fact the government has been doing the same through need rather than by choice.

The SNP have no fiscal credibility (just look at their pre referendum funding plans based on the oil price!) and neither do Labour, who have yet to leave office with the country fiscally better than when they entered.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom