Poll: General election voting intentions poll

Voting intentions in the General Election?

• Alliance Party of Northern Ireland

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Conservative

Votes: 254 41.6%
  • Democratic Unionist Party

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 40 6.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 83 13.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 31 5.1%
  • Not voting/will spoil ballot

Votes: 38 6.2%
  • Other party (not named)

Votes: 4 0.7%
  • Plaid Cymru

• Respect Party

• Scottish National Party

Votes: 25 4.1%
  • Social Democratic and Labour Party

• Sinn Fein

• UKIP

Votes: 129 21.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
b6vmzn.jpg

Pretty much sums it up. Two faced hypocrite.

Hang on do the Tories want the SNP to get seats or not, if the SNP win seats is that a good thing for the tories?
After all, if the SNP are going to back Cameron then they are less likely to win seats, labour will then take those seats.
The Tories won't win potential SNP seats anyway.

Maybe the Tories are worried that SNP are more left than labour.

Or do they actually think that voters would switch to Tory just because Sturgeon ****s off Milliband?

Its all very odd..

Scotland is Tory free, they quite rightly hate the Tories, the SNP will never prop up a Tory government

Scotland is Tory free, they quite rightly hate the Tories, the SNP will never prop up a Tory government

Basically as I see it the Tories and the SNP are in bed together, though you're right that they'll never form government together. The Tories are using the prospect of a Labour/SNP deal to win votes in England, every SNP seat is a seat that Labour have not won, and a Conservative government suits the SNP narrative of nasty Westminster bullying brave little Scotland.

Probably voting labour. Hate the conservatives with a passion, unless you earn above 150k they couldn't care less. "We're all in this together", lol. Maybe another millionaires tax cut, meanwhile raising costs for everyone.

Not true, i'm on under £40k and my pay has gone up by £70 per month solely due to the changes in the starting tax band

I'm hoping for a Labour + SNP coalition that will end austerity, start making long term investments to fuel growth and get Britain back to the EU leaders table.

While crippling lower and middle income tax workers, and they said they'd cut services too, if you think you're voting for Labour of old you're mistaken

Probably voting labour. Hate the conservatives with a passion, unless you earn above 150k they couldn't care less. "We're all in this together", lol. Maybe another millionaires tax cut, meanwhile raising costs for everyone.

:D

You realise that you are financially better off under the Conservatives than you would have been under Labour right?

Fuel costs would be higher under Labour and with the increase in personal allowance of pre tax income you are instantly much better off, what part of Labours plans would have made you better off out of interest?

Last edited:
This austerity is for a reason, were effectively broke!

No, we're not. We're at levels of debt-to-GDP that are relatively high but the money markets are still extremely willing to lend us money at low rates.

Austerity is an ideologically driven Tory idea; not anything this country was forced into it. It's also been deeply ineffective because austerity cuts our country's ability to grow and thus deal with the problem.

Historically, there have only ever been two successful approaches to dealing with large debts around the world: growth and inflation (three if you count a default). We should have secured growth before trying to cut spending; instead the Coalition tanked the UK economy for three long years.

Anyone else think UKIP may have a substantial secret inner vote from people?

When asked with a mic in your face for the polls, there may still be a stigma of saying you will vote UKIP. Or to your friends.

But when your up on your own, many people may want to tick that UKIP box from what they say publically?

This poll for one is not in line with public polls. As well as, this forum should have younger voters which are not as UKIP aligned compared to the older voter. So it's even more strange.

I do, the amount of support i see online and people i speak to does not correlate with the polls i see. The only one that makes more sense than the others is Survation which has put UKIP consistently at 18% (So D.P. can't blame blips on this one)

I have also heard a large number of stories that people who have registered with YouGov and previously said they were voting UKIP who were asked their opinion throughout 2014. Suddenly we're not asked again during 2015. So the dip in the polls a suspect to say the least.

And lets not forget what happened in Heywood and Middleton, no one was expecting that! Not even me!

I think a lot of lefty and liberals are going to get a bit of a surprise on May 7th. And if you think that UKIP is only going to get 1-3 seats like DP thinks then people like him are utterly deluded, he can look at all the stats all he likes, but because he doesn't even live in this country, he doesn't know what's going on at ground level

Last edited:
No, we're not. We're at levels of debt-to-GDP that are relatively high but the money markets are still extremely willing to lend us money at low rates.

Austerity is an ideologically driven Tory idea; not anything this country was forced into it. It's also been deeply ineffective because austerity cuts our country's ability to grow and thus deal with the problem.

Historically, there have only ever been two successful approaches to dealing with large debts around the world: growth and inflation (three if you count a default). We should have secured growth before trying to cut spending; instead the Coalition tanked the UK economy for three long years.

Last time I checked it was one of the fastest growing.

Just checked again, yep still one of the fastest.

Pouring money in does not equal more money out, it seems to follow a law of diminishing returns.

I'll be voting Tory. I'm a big fan of paying less taxes. And, in general, their other policies. Historically, Labour mess the country up, and Conservatives come in and clean up the mess. This goes back generations.

This last parliament has been a bit different though, with the inclusion of the LD's. And I think not to their detriment either. I wouldn't want the LD's holding any more power than they currently do, however I think their influence has been good for the country. Ideally I'd want more of the same.

My vote will be almost worthless though. I'm in Scotland, so it'll be an SNP seat no matter how I vote. But I cannot stand that munter Sturgeon. She has been totally outclassed when put up against "real" politicians at every turn. She can't hold her own against even the other MSP's either. At least Salmond was a clever politician, despite all his lies during the ref campaign. But Sturgeon, I just cant stand her. And not just because she has a face like a bulldog licking pee off a nettle.

The Con Dems have done well with what they inherited I think, and I think, left for another 5 years, we could well emerge as one of the strongest economies in the world (certainly in Europe). And that's got to be good news for everyone.

Paid for by what?

This austerity is for a reason, were effectively broke!

I'd love to spend and alter my life for the better, but, I'm in no position to do so and I cut my cloth accordingly, alas Labour seem oblivious to the fact the government has been doing the same through need rather than by choice.

The SNP have no fiscal credibility (just look at their pre referendum funding plans based on the oil price!) and neither do Labour, who have yet to leave office with the country fiscally better than when they entered.

The debt wasn't the reason for austerity because austerity does not decrease debt. This fact has been proven many times through history, including recently, as you saw in the link I posted.

You're making the common mistake of comparing a personal or family budget to a state budget. When a family has financial problems, it can either reduce its spending (austerity) or find additional sources of income. In a state, things are quite different because my income is your spending and your spending is my income. If I tighten the belt, you earn less, if you do the same, I earn less. So in a context of incertainity, after a massive financial crash when few people are willing to spend/invest, the state should not tighten its belt, it should spend more, particularly when it controls its own currency, like the UK.

Also, the UK is not even close to being broke, the debt is not that high compared to other periods in history and growth is the only way to decrease it, not cuts.

You say that Labour and the SNP have no fiscal credibility but you ignore that it is the Tories who managed to blunder in the most difficult moment in recent history by forcing austerity on the country.

The debt wasn't the reason for austerity because austerity does not decrease debt. This fact has been proven many times through history, including recently, as you saw in the link I posted.

You're making the common mistake of comparing a personal or family budget to a state budget. When a family has financial problems, it can either reduce its spending (austerity) or find additional sources of income. In a state, things are quite different because my income is your spending and your spending is my income. If I tighten the belt, you earn less, if you do the same, I earn less. So in a context of incertainity, after a massive financial crash when few people are willing to spend/invest, the state should not tighten its belt, it should spend more, particularly when it controls its own currency, like the UK.

Also, the UK is not even close to being broke, the debt is not that high compared to other periods in history and growth is the only way to decrease it, not cuts.

You say that Labour and the SNP have no fiscal credibility but you ignore that it is the Tories who managed to blunder in the most difficult moment in recent history by forcing austerity on the country.

It didn't tighten its belt in the sense you make. It carried out QE. It basically decreased expenditure on unnecessary things and increased income. The result is the fastest growing economy in the G7.

It didn't tighten its belt in the sense you make. It carried out QE. It basically decreased expenditure on unnecessary things and increased income. The result is the fastest growing economy in the G7.

Growth rates:

2010 2011 2012 2013
1.9 1.6 0.7 1.7 UK
2.5 1.6 2.3 2.2 US

Growth was close to 2% in 2010, the Tories came in and they killed it for 3 years. The US did the opposite of austerity, they spent dollars to stimulate their economy which resulted in a low but steady growth.

Yes the UK is growing again now, as are quite a few other countries but those 3 years are lost so I ask you, for what? The debt did not decrease, it didn't even slow down so what did austerity actually do?

Last edited:
Growth rates:

2010 2011 2012 2013
1.9 1.6 0.7 1.7 UK
2.5 1.6 2.3 2.2 US

Growth was close to 2% in 2010, the Tories came in and they killed it for 3 years. The US did the opposite of austerity, they spend dollars to stimulate their economy which resulted in a low but steady growth.

Yes the UK is growing again now, as are quite a few other countries but those 3 years are lost so I ask you, for what? The debt did not decrease, it didn't even slow down so what did austerity actually do?

The US also in that period became virtually self sufficient for oil and such like resources due to shale gas exposure, and the industry that created, keeping considerable wealth within their own nation that previously flooded out externally.
Did that affect their growth figures? No-one ever comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom