Generation Zero

Soldato
yeah - I kind of see the boring bit as well. It has potentially to look/play better but again - what's the point to it.

Apart from leveling up, running around, finding stuff, what's the actual aim of the game?

Soldato
Played hour or so tonight, looks stunning in 4k Ultra and runs really well. Intense at times but a shame no one seemed to join my match despite it being opened. Can definitely see a good future for this it's a shame they don't just go early access as I reckon the beta finishing will leave me wanting more and seeing how it develops...

Soldato
@Tom|Nbk, mind if I ask what became intense?
I’m guessing it wasn’t the ‘enemy’ as I found the mechs to be not much of a threat, even with just pistols and low ammo shotties our 3 man team was able to make light work of them.
Granted we only played about 30 minutes or so. What we played looked nothing like the ‘trailers’ that have been kicking about.

Soldato
@Tom|Nbk, mind if I ask what became intense?
I’m guessing it wasn’t the ‘enemy’ as I found the mechs to be not much of a threat, even with just pistols and low ammo shotties our 3 man team was able to make light work of them.
Granted we only played about 30 minutes or so. What we played looked nothing like the ‘trailers’ that have been kicking about.

When a pack of them hunted me down further in the game with limited ammo I had I threw a firework and that distracted them and they started shooting at each other.

I was on my own

It almost feels a little bit like a tech demo of what can be at the moment, the most impressive thing is the sound and the graphics by the coast with the sun setting are sublime.

Soldato
When a pack of them hunted me down further in the game with limited ammo I had I threw a firework and that distracted them and they started shooting at each other.

I was on my own

It almost feels a little bit like a tech demo of what can be at the moment, the most impressive thing is the sound and the graphics by the coast with the sun setting are sublime.
Ah ok. Sorry just looked at your original post and realised you were playing solo.
I had a pistol and over 250 rounds of ammo and that was after giving 80 or 90 away.
I agree it looked pretty but I just didn’t see any challenge or difficulty in it, albeit there were 3 of us. Even the 20 minutes I played solo weren’t overly challenging. Stepping side to side seemed to be enough to dodge the mech shots and 2 clips of acp pistol rounds done each mech in that I encountered.
I’ll reserve judgment as I did only play a relatively short amount though.

Soldato
I love the concept but had hoped for the machines to be a greater threat. They don't seem able to aim.

Maybe I was expecting too much but I was hoping for a dying light style game but with robots.

It's beta so will give it another go when they get closer to release.

The environment is beautiful but the houses/characters and robots not so much.

Soldato
I see that everything is still highlighted so the idiot generation doesn't have to actually work and explore to find anything. I really hope they remove that from the final release, but the chances are slim to none.

Back
Top Bottom