Generation Zero

Soldato
This reminds me a lot of the original Far Cry. I like it a lot. Yes, there are issues - the UI needs significant improvement, for a start - but it's a beta and I am happy to help them improve and polish the game.

Soldato
I see that everything is still highlighted so the idiot generation doesn't have to actually work and explore to find anything. I really hope they remove that from the final release, but the chances are slim to none.

Always assumed it was for your generation. You know eye sights going and all that :p.

Soldato
Me and 2 mates tried this last night. We've been waiting for this for some time we were excited to get into the beta, sadly though after roughly 2 hours, we don't have any interest in continuing.

The game looks great, I love the weather system, at one point at night, we were going walking alongside a forest, abosolute crazy weather, full on rain and wind. It looked and sounded fantastic, then when the morning came, we had this foggy morning. I had my graphics on medium, but it looked gorgeous.
The guns sound great, real meaty and handle pretty well. No real complaints about the gun play.

The gameplay though, was severally lacking. I can't comment on other peoples experiences, but I didn't feel threatened. The enemies were so easy to take down and few in number.
There were two exceptions, we went into a dark bunker, which was very atmospheric, but proved to be disappointing, it was over too soon.
The 2nd time was when we come across some big robot. Which was tough to kill, but in a MMORPG type of way. I think we spent the best part of 10 minutes pouring bullets into the thing just to down it. Then when we finally did it, it damaged us when we got too close, so we couldn't loot our prize.

I have hopes for the game, but it needs some serious gameplay tweeks.

Soldato
Not really anything tangible though sadly. "Kill an enemy" - yeah, great progression that is. I'll stick to 7 days for my boring aimless multiplayer fix. Looks pretty but it needs some serious fleshing out.
7 days isn't boring! They really need to hurry up and release A17, been waiting for a year now :(.

Associate
Me and 2 mates tried this last night. We've been waiting for this for some time we were excited to get into the beta, sadly though after roughly 2 hours, we don't have any interest in continuing.

The game looks great, I love the weather system, at one point at night, we were going walking alongside a forest, abosolute crazy weather, full on rain and wind. It looked and sounded fantastic, then when the morning came, we had this foggy morning. I had my graphics on medium, but it looked gorgeous.
The guns sound great, real meaty and handle pretty well. No real complaints about the gun play.

The gameplay though, was severally lacking. I can't comment on other peoples experiences, but I didn't feel threatened. The enemies were so easy to take down and few in number.
There were two exceptions, we went into a dark bunker, which was very atmospheric, but proved to be disappointing, it was over too soon.
The 2nd time was when we come across some big robot. Which was tough to kill, but in a MMORPG type of way. I think we spent the best part of 10 minutes pouring bullets into the thing just to down it. Then when we finally did it, it damaged us when we got too close, so we couldn't loot our prize.

I have hopes for the game, but it needs some serious gameplay tweeks.

Maybe it needs to add the other players in the server option that would really spice it up, just think while your fighting the robots another squad comes in to either join and help or turn and fight you.

Soldato
You have to be careful and methodical.
What do you have to be careful of. As a few have noted, the mechs offer little to no threat, so it’s certainly not them you need to be careful of. I took to running up and down the road just to try and aggro as many as possible to make the fights at least kind of interesting.

Methodical? The games points to/highlights everything you need to do/collect/look at.

Soldato
What do you have to be careful of. As a few have noted, the mechs offer little to no threat, so it’s certainly not them you need to be careful of. I took to running up and down the road just to try and aggro as many as possible to make the fights at least kind of interesting.

Methodical? The games points to/highlights everything you need to do/collect/look at.

Exactly lol there's not much there yet but it's a neat idea and will get better

Soldato
huh? it doesn't do what properly? highlight/pinpoint what you need to do or where you need to go?

Both actually. For example, consider the church. The quest marker disappeared at times and it took me ages to find out I had to be sufficiently near the noticeboard. A similar thing happened in the farm when it took me ages to spot the note in the barn. Compare how GZ does it with how Borderlands 2 does it and you'll see how it should be.

Back
Top Bottom