Getting a refund

Associate
I know it might sound as if I'm paranoid but before using any website that I've not heard of I'd always google them first, and also the lack of a phone number and physical address on their "contact us" would put me right off.

It's unfortunate but I'd say you're in a decent position as you used a credit card, and hopefully learn for next time.

Associate
OP
What would happen if I ring my bank for a chatgeback and they give me the money and then a few days later the company also put the money in my account?

Associate
What would happen if I ring my bank for a chatgeback and they give me the money and then a few days later the company also put the money in my account?

In that situation, I'd say from a moral standpoint, you should arrange to pay it back, but I'm not sure of the legalities. But that shouldn't happen often, because when you lodge a chargeback, a notice is sent to the merchant informing them and giving them time to provide evidence against it before it actually goes through, and if they've received a chargeback notice, they're unlikely to issue a refund.

Soldato
This reminds me of when my mum bought me some new shoes from a 'dead good website'.

They were obviously fake. I'm not sure what gave it away, maybe it was the 'Ralp Lawren' spelling on the side of the shoe.

Back
Top Bottom