Getting sick of Firefox as of recent! Has it been that bad for you?

Caporegime
Vai said:
Was that referencing my post?

I didn't copy anything from my old profile until I had fixed the problem :)

Yes it was - the implication I got was that you tried an empty profile, i.e. without addons, settings, etc., and had the same problem, thus the confusion when you said it was the fault of Adblock/Filterset.

Caporegime

Vai

Vai

Soldato
tolien said:
Yes it was - the implication I got was that you tried an empty profile, i.e. without addons, settings, etc., and had the same problem, thus the confusion when you said it was the fault of Adblock/Filterset.

Yeah, I reinstalled my addons from the Mozilla site, but still had the problem. I disabled addons until I narrowed it down to Adblock then checked on their forum.
A few other people also had similar issues because of the way Adblock hooks into FF it can cause problems with addons like Flash and QT. It also says on their website that the Filterset G list is badly written making it slow to process.

Caporegime
Vai said:
Yeah, I reinstalled my addons from the Mozilla site, but still had the problem. I disabled addons until I narrowed it down to Adblock then checked on their forum.

Fair enough - though you could've disabled the extensions with safe mode and saved yourself the hassle of a new profile. :)

Caporegime
tolien said:
that link is to nightly builds

Minefield's the name given to the CVS trunk (look up CVS and branching if you don't understand).
It's been called Minefield for some time (before Fx 2/Bon Echo was released) - it's name is a hint at what it is, and was intended to stop sites publishing nightly builds as "pre-release" versions of Firefox (some time ago, the nightlies used the same codename as the alpha/beta builds - i.e. Deer Park, Bon Echo, Gran Paradiso).

Soldato
firefox a memory hog?
memww5.jpg

never! :p

Seriously though, this is awesome, I don't know how people can use that IE7 junk, let alone place it in higher regard than FF!

Soldato
All of my PCs have firefox installed and I never have any problems! Apart from the slower startup on my older PCs I have nothing to complain about.

Actually I have one thing to complain about which are the pop ups I get from megaupload!

Soldato
dark_shadow said:
I've loved firefox since its early days, everything about it was what web browsing was about. For example, tabbed browsing, the ease of using bookmarks, gmail extension, inbuilt search engines and not to mention the tonnes of other extensions available!

As of the past 2 weeks firefox has been just really getting on my nerves! Webpages keep freezing, it refuses to load pages, after clicking F5 after 5 times or so it brings up the page instantly. It's really starting to get on my nerves! I just want it the way it used to be!

I've tried re-installing and then using mozbackup to replace my settings but no luck.

I'd be greatful if anyone could help me in solving this, as it's making a web browsing a pain in the backside.

I've had a look round on google and many people have resorted to using other web browsers. I really don't want to resort to that :(

Firefox has been perfect for me since day one. It has crashed about once due to rubbish coding on the webpage. It does start a bit slow, but that's because I have quite a lot of add-ons.

Associate
i switched from ie6 to firefox a year ago and its generally been good except when i have about 20 tabs open, then close ff, tab mix plus would do its best to save the open tabs but when i reopen it, all the same tabs wont be reopened, just some of them.. :/

Caporegime
Clarkey said:
firefox a memory hog?

You use nightlies though, don't you?

skanky said:
tab mix plus would do its best to save the open tabs but when i reopen it, all the same tabs wont be reopened, just some of them.. :/

Let Firefox do it then - it's done session saving since 2.0.

Soldato
nah, thats 2.0.0.4 mate, I loaded up an extremely picture heavy page and that happened, the pc needed to be rebooted to recover lol.

Caporegime
Be warned that HTTP Pipelining will break some sites - it's probably what made some sites not load for you when you used FasterFox.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
People still worry about memory usage in a browser? man what computers are these people running.... I certainly don't find it at all offensive if FF uses 100MB and I have 2GB ram with around 50-40% free at all times. My system also never really slows down because of FF using extra MB.

Here's FF after 2 hours of usage:

untitledsa2.png

Back
Top Bottom