1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ghost of Tsushima - July 17th

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Digital X, 5 Mar 2020.

1. jonneymendoza

Capodecina

started playing this on my ps5 and it is indeed like a brand new game. runs super smooth and the graphics do look better

2. Plainsong

Sgarrista

Yeah it's a shame about the dub. I stuck with it though and got over it after a few hours. I'm a huge Kurosawa fan so I just wanted to keep it going for that experience.

3. bonusssi

Associate

It's amazing on PS5. Works much better, 60 fps ...almost no loading times... Waiting for 2nd part ;)

4. Bigpig

Soldato

Whats the best price this has dropped to? Seems to be holding rock solid @ £35+

5. jonneymendoza

Capodecina

It’s worth it for even that price

6. dave28

Wise Guy

well i started this game a few months back and it looked really cool but as i have gone older i lose interest in games quickly and have not played it since.

will have to give it another go

7. BenjiSayers

Mobster

I think I started this back in Feb, I don't use the Playstation much but when I start session of this I get hooked for the day. I'm at the start of Act 3 and according to the save file about 45hours in... :/ Not sure that's right but I have been visiting every part of each map and finding al the ?'s and side quests before doing the story missions.

I don't normally care for massively open world games like this (RDR2 I did the first 3 missions and got bored) but this I like coming back to.

8. Bigpig

Soldato

Was just about to buy this but noticed The directors cut incoming......

Anyone heard anything about it?

9. MOOGLEYS

Capodecina

I’m the same with this I play a few hours but then I don’t return. It’s a good game but for some reason I just cannot get into it.

10. BenjiSayers

Mobster

I finally finished this on Sunday. Think the save file says around 62hours but I've found all the collectibles, all I have left is apparently I've missed a side mission or two somewhere and then a couple of random achievements. I d'd highly recommend this game as even with big breaks I took in between sessions it was always a joy to come back to.

11. mid_gen

Capodecina

I find the conflict you're presented with at the heart of the game hurts it a lot.

You have this whole swathe of abilities and gear focused on stealthy gameplay....but you get told off for using it. I want to play the 'honourable' way, but that turns the encounters into an exercise in walking through a camp murdering everyone....there's no tactical element, so it becomes a bit boring. Also, I'm a samurai, I want to use the Samurai armour! But the most satisfying armour set attributes are on the Ronin armour....I haven't found any way to transmog.

It's nearly a great game for me. It's still very good, but it doesn't keep me glued to it and coming back every day.

12. ZXSpectrum

Capodecina

It’s just been officially announced.

looks like it’s going to be 25-30 quid upgrade from PS4 to PS5 Directors Cut.

13. hyperseven

Sgarrista

I posted this in the PS5 thread, greedy ******** :mad:

14. ralv585

Wise Guy

Is the directors cut the same as the digital deluxe?

I can't seem to find a standalone directors cut editon on the store, or is that blocked out as I just bought the standard edition?

Just trying to think of a cheaper upgrade path, as the digital deluxe upgrade is £8.99 i think

15. jonneymendoza

Capodecina

what is in the directors cut version of the game?

16. ZXSpectrum

Capodecina

17. Plainsong

Sgarrista

No, that's something else. From what I can tell the Director's Cut will cost you $29.99 (PS5) however you try and do it.

Be interesting to see how much new gameplay there is on the new DLC island. If it's less than 10 hours I'll just wait for a sale.

Last edited: 2 Jul 2021
  18. Wilko_Dog

Wise Guy

If you get the directors cut on it's own is that the full game plus this extra island or something? Looking to play this after I finish tlou2 but will wait for this if its standalone.

19. Tutan

Gangster

standalone it's £69.99!
    that's insane.
    https://www.game.co.uk/en/m/ghost-o...&ranSiteID=svunC25memk-u7W08lk2PXKB2lHq.JbsPQ

20. azazl187

Mobster

Any murmurs of this appearing on PC?