Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Soldato
A number of friends were at the Premier in London on Thursday and they all really enjoyed it.

I myself am attending a press screening on Monday morning and can't wait.

Soldato
It's astonishing how badly they screwed up with the recent reboot, this one has quite a few question marks around it as far as I'm concerned but so far I'm still seeing nothing but hype and anticipation.

This one is directed by the son of the original director and the original director of ghostbusters. So I have a little faith that they have been drafted in to repair the damage.

Soldato
This one is directed by the son of the original director and the original director of ghostbusters. So I have a little faith that they have been drafted in to repair the damage.
They weren't exactly drafted in.

Jason came up with the plot himself and had help writing the story. He also showed his dad the script/story asking what he thought as well as Ivan being a producer on the film so was present on ser most shooting days.

Jason has been a life long fan and knows how much Ghostbusters means to fans. As he is one himself.

Caporegime
OP

Yet another clip of the movie shoiwing the terror dog encounter in the shopping centre. Animatronics are nicely done, though i wish they'd stop releasing clips, its damn hard not to watch them. :mad:

Caporegime
OP
A "final" trailer just released with new footage (around a minute or so long), it also basically spoils the originals return so don't go looking for it. How the hell do they get the nod to release so much that can be considered big spoilers? Remember when movies had a single trailer and they would usually keep the big surprises out of it? The original GB trailer didn't even hint at Stay Puft, keeping something like that secret nowadays would be near impossible.

And yes before someone chimes in with the standard "they dont make you watch it, or dont watch it then", easier said than done when you've been waiting for a proper sequel since 1989. :mad:

Soldato
I went to a press preview this morning in Glasgow. The film was everything I expected and so so much more.

Yes that trailer is spoilerific however the small bit you see of the OGs is only half a second of a fantastic sequence.

Caporegime
OP
I went to a press preview this morning in Glasgow. The film was everything I expected and so so much more.

Yes that trailer is spoilerific however the small bit you see of the OGs is only half a second of a fantastic sequence.

Good to hear, but god damnit, the wait is annoying.:(

Soldato
I'm just gutted I need to wait ten days to be able to see it again. But have booked 18th for IMAX, 19th for 4DXand 20th to see it again. 18th me and my troup will be at Braehead before the first showing all dressed up with full gear as we've been asked to do so by the cinema.

Also make sure you stay till the very end of the credits!

Soldato
I'm just gutted I need to wait ten days to be able to see it again. But have booked 18th for IMAX, 19th for 4DXand 20th to see it again. 18th me and my troup will be at Braehead before the first showing all dressed up with full gear as we've been asked to do so by the cinema.

Also make sure you stay till the very end of the credits!

You must a die hard fan!

Soldato
LOL, the Guardian STILL hate it :D - https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/ghostbusters-afterlife-review-defanged-retread-140038583.html

A much shorter review than the first one but still with a few notable statements -

"The Ghostbusters franchise now gets a pointless and ill-suited sequel-iteration"
"The only Ghostbusters sequel that made any sort of sense was the spiky gender-switch reboot of 2016" - sequel??? :confused:
"(the 2016 film) understood that, like the original, it was supposed to be a comedy." :D:D:D
"(the 2016 film) is airbrushed out of existence by this new, defanged and child-oriented Night-at-the-Museum approach, in which the keynote is vanilla blandness." - which is an actual sequel :D

So apparently the only "sequel" is the 2016 film which wasn't a sequel, wasn't set in the same world, used completely different characters and had the OG cast perform as completely different characters???? LOLOLOL - Do the "reviewers" even watch these before cobbling up such garbage?

Soldato
Don't even waste your time reading that guardian review. They just want to hate on the new movie as they seemingly loved 2016 and also didn't like the original 84 movie either.

Also there is plenty of comedy in this film. It's handled really well and Mixes the comedy horror very well.

Caporegime
OP
LOL, the Guardian STILL hate it :D - https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/ghostbusters-afterlife-review-defanged-retread-140038583.html

A much shorter review than the first one but still with a few notable statements -

"The Ghostbusters franchise now gets a pointless and ill-suited sequel-iteration"
"The only Ghostbusters sequel that made any sort of sense was the spiky gender-switch reboot of 2016" - sequel??? :confused:
"(the 2016 film) understood that, like the original, it was supposed to be a comedy." :D:D:D
"(the 2016 film) is airbrushed out of existence by this new, defanged and child-oriented Night-at-the-Museum approach, in which the keynote is vanilla blandness." - which is an actual sequel :D

So apparently the only "sequel" is the 2016 film which wasn't a sequel, wasn't set in the same world, used completely different characters and had the OG cast perform as completely different characters???? LOLOLOL - Do the "reviewers" even watch these before cobbling up such garbage?

Typical newspaper trying to go against the grain to get site traffic.

Back
Top Bottom