Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Soldato
Really wanted to enjoy this but have several issues.

When the chess pieces move, wouldn't anyone be scared? Then in the basement also incl the mum? I know I would leg it or tell family members.

Isn't the girl like way too smart? Yea she's Egon's gd but still.

What's up with shendu guy? Why have him there for like minute and kill him off? Why was he there? How was he hibernating?

Also the main bad, surely it could have gone out and caused a havoc around the town? Said a few lines and that's it?

They barely showed the others ghosts terrorising the town, why not show the cop guy again and those that laughed?

How did marshmallows get to the end of the movie, did they walk it?

Why did 2 adults have to have sex so the main bad could come out? What kind of logic is that?

And the other characters appearing at the end, surely one of them showed up earlier when he received the call.

I'm sure I'm forgetting other stuff but it felt somewhat rushed.

Soldato
Really wanted to enjoy this but have several issues.

When the chess pieces move, wouldn't anyone be scared? Then in the basement also incl the mum? I know I would leg it or tell family members.

Isn't the girl like way too smart? Yea she's Egon's gd but still.

What's up with shendu guy? Why have him there for like minute and kill him off? Why was he there? How was he hibernating?

Also the main bad, surely it could have gone out and caused a havoc around the town? Said a few lines and that's it?

They barely showed the others ghosts terrorising the town, why not show the cop guy again and those that laughed?

How did marshmallows get to the end of the movie, did they walk it?

Why did 2 adults have to have sex so the main bad could come out? What kind of logic is that?

And the other characters appearing at the end, surely one of them showed up earlier when he received the call.

I'm sure I'm forgetting other stuff but it felt somewhat rushed.
Hardly rushed lol. They took years to write and craft the story. Paying homage to the original and focused on the family of the late Egon Spengler.

Phoebe being totally smart and then not believing in ghosts is what got her intrigued as to what was happening. Yes she got a little weirded out then accepted it once she knew who it was. Same for the mum. Scared but curiosity got her looking.

The mini pufts in the car were likely there due to being the last form the destructor took.

They showed as much of the town under attack as they needed to. Same thing happened in the first film.

Last edited:
Soldato
I thought it was pretty rubbish and took ages to get into it and nearly fell asleep. That being said i'm not a fan of kids playing the leading roles in films, but I guess they had no other route to go down. Still a million miles better than the 2016 lump of coal.

Soldato
I wanted to like this but unfortunately it wasn't meant to be. Started off like Stranger things and then went into GhostBusters the next generation. Kid who doesn't know how to drive, racing through a small town at 70 mph while another shoots a proton pack like a pro...yeah not for me.

Last edited:
Soldato
I wanted to like this but unfortunately it wasn't meant to be. Started off like Stranger things and then went into GhostBusters the next generation. Kid who doesn't know how to drive, racing through a small town at 70 mph while another shots a proton pack like a pro...yeah not for me.
Compared to Ray letting rip at a poor cleaner in a hotel corridor?

People look for too many nitpicky faults these days. What happened to just switching off and enjoying a movie for its entertainment value.

Caporegime
OP
I wanted to like this but unfortunately it wasn't meant to be. Started off like Stranger things and then went into GhostBusters the next generation. Kid who doesn't know how to drive, racing through a small town at 70 mph while another shots a proton pack like a pro...yeah not for me.

Because driving an automatic car is so hard? :D Into drive and its a go cart, not exactly rocket science. As for the proton pack it's been changed and upgraded over the years, being easier to wield would be a natural upgrade to work on.

Soldato
IIRC he didn't pass his test. Doesn't mean he can't drive a car.

For my nitpick, I was wondering where all the proton packs kept appearing from.
There wasn't that many packs. Phoebe used Egons which he took with him. The 3 OGs had their own packs which were left behind.

Egon then made the 4 that were keeping the portal closed. The hardware store guy also states he bought some weird stuff.

Caporegime
OP
There wasn't that many packs. Phoebe used Egons which he took with him. The 3 OGs had their own packs which were left behind.

Egon then made the 4 that were keeping the portal closed. The hardware store guy also states he bought some weird stuff.

The 4 sentry cannons weren't even packs at all, there was 4 different wands and they had different setups, one being a box, one having the components spread out along the pillar it was attached to.

Vl3IB1G.jpg

nbJDoCC.jpg

WUQxxtH.jpg

Pity they never got any real screen time as a lot of work was put into making them.

Back
Top Bottom