Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire - March 29th, 2024

Man of Honour
Agree with any sentiments that the last one was pretty darn terrible… the characters were fine but wayyyy too much ‘member-berry’ nonsense, plus the same tired old ‘get the old gang together’ mixed in with another ‘it’s how this new lot became the new GB’s origin story’ - zzzzz.

This already looks better as it’s something different(ish!) and will be covering fresh ground (at last!).

Last edited:
Caporegime
Agree with any sentiments that the last one was pretty darn terrible… the characters were fine but wayyyy too much ‘member-berry’ nonsense, plus the same tired old ‘get the old gang together’ mixed in with another ‘it’s how this new lot became the new GB’s origin story’ - zzzzz.

This already looks better as it’s something different(ish!) and will be covering fresh ground (at last!).

I really wouldn't class what happened in afterlife as "member berry" nonsense at all. Gozer reappearing was always a possibility as its been explored in comics of the franchise, and with Gozer comes the Terror Dogs as that's part of how Gozer manifests. The mini pufts may have swayed more so in that direction. I thought bringing back Gozer was a good idea as the character got maybe 90 seconds screen time in the original, and this sort of fleshed out the story of Gozer a bit more. Afterlife had its issues but it was leaps and bounds better than the Ghost Maids in 2016, a movie so bad they had to tack on "Answer the Call" to the name so it stood separate from the 84 movie.

GB2 had the getting the band back together thing going on, and to be fair the storyline of them being sued out of business and people not believing in Ghosts after seeing a hundred foot marshmallow man stomping through new York and being vaporised on the side of a building was always a bit much to swallow. Though I suppose if you think about real life and what people don't believe even with video evidence its maybe not that hard to swallow after all. According to Bill Murray what he was pitched as being GB2 totally changed after he signed on which is one of the reasons why a proper third movie never got done in the early 90's.

I'm just glad the franchise is continuing, even though the movie that people wanted for many years died with Harold Ramis.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
I enjoyed the first one but not convinced they can get away with kid leads a second time. I hope it won't. be disappointing.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Who says it's an adults job? If there is anything the franchise shows you it's that anyone can be a Ghostbuster. They were also teens not kids.

Yes because the female ghostbuster squad movie was a huge hit :cry: . If your going to be technical, ok teens but i would still class a 12 year old as a child which is my point.

Last edited:
Soldato
McKenna Grace is 17 right now so even if Phoebe is a year or two younger she'd still be about 15/16.

Doesn't matter if 2016 was a huge hit or not a lot of kids saw that first and got them into the franchise. At cons and events many younger female fans do talk about 2016 quite fondly as their first GH movie.i am part of a Ghostbusters franchise. It showed that women can bust ghosts too.

Personally it's watchable and ok in some parts. It bring Ghostbusters back to the public and refreshed peoples memories of it and we likely wouldn't have Afterlife and Frozen Empire without that happening.

Caporegime
Be careful with that way of thinking. Remember Ghostbusters 2016 is a thing.

And it dive bombed, horribly.

Melissa Mc Carthy and that nails down a blackboard voice was bad enough, but it seems that virtually every male character in the movie with a speaking part was either a drooling clueless gimp, a complete ass, or a mixture of both.

Let us never speak of it again!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
And it dive bombed, horribly.

Melissa Mc Carthy and that nails down a blackboard voice was bad enough, but it seems that virtually every male character in the movie with a speaking part was either a drooling clueless gimp, a complete ass, or a mixture of both.

Let us never speak of it again!
Oh god... the dance scene... Why has that just lept to mind?

Caporegime
Oh god... the dance scene... Why has that just lept to mind?

That was actually cut from the original release, initially they just did the finger up pose. When a load of Sony emails leaked about ghostbusters that was one of the things pointed out, it had a dumb dancing sequence, almost seemed like they removed it due to that leak then put it back in.

Back
Top Bottom