Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire - March 29th, 2024

Soldato
According to some posts I've seen in various places, a number of folk have ides that James Acaster who Aykroyd confirmed is the new tech guy could be playing
a son or relative of Janine, as theyve examined his name badge and think it says MELNITZ, well you can sort of make out part of an L, NIT is pretty clear
ive looked and think it may well do.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I watched the 2016 film and thought it was ‘fun / ok’. I watched Afterlife and found it tired. I do think the 2016 film was better tbh.

But I’m not a huge fan of the franchise. I just enjoyed the films on their own merits. I also appreciate that if you are really invested in a franchise and care about it, it can be upsetting when things / ‘lore’ gets played around with, which is fair enough.

Last edited:
Soldato
I give that trailer 'Not great, not terrible'/10 - will no doubt watch at some point.

As good as a lot of 80's movies are, Ghostbusters isn't one I hold high on a pedestal with the best of the 80's. Fun sure, good cast, yeah, decent story, definitely - hold on, actually - it is fairly good :D

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
And it dive bombed, horribly.

Melissa Mc Carthy and that nails down a blackboard voice was bad enough, but it seems that virtually every male character in the movie with a speaking part was either a drooling clueless gimp, a complete ass, or a mixture of both.

Let us never speak of it again!

Exactly I can't believe some would believe the 2016 was good for the franchise. It doesn't take a awful movie to get interest and love from original movies. Sorry imo there hasn't been a GB movie that even close to the originals. It definitely shows you can't just put anybody as leads to carry on with the success without the nostalgia and support of the original characters and connections.

Soldato
It's funny though. The only people really still talking about it are the folk that apparently hated it. But they seem to spend the most time thinking amd talking about it. Of course should anyone post they liked it or thought it was ok then they are jumped on by pages of hate and you cant be a real fan if you liled that crao. See it all the time on the Ghostbusters fb groups and forums I visit.

Quite amusing really. They just can't let go of it more than 7 years later.

Caporegime
I don't really recall the story of the 2016 one. Only watched once on streaming.
I don't recall the story of the kids one, again only watched once on streaming.

So I doubt I enjoyed them that much at the time if I didn't rewatch them again. I'm sceptical about kids being the leads as well to be honest.

The trailer was a bit meh, I will wait for streaming.

rp2000

Reactions: Kyo
Caporegime
It was only a teaser. They generally reveal or show anything much. You'd need to wait for the full trailer to get anything more.
This is true, however normally a teaser leaves me wanting more! For this one I don't feel like that.

Nostalgia was done in the last film, so this one really has to stand on it's own merits.

rp2000

Caporegime
e03ibW3.jpg

So one of the actors confirmed RGB was a point of reference for this and the movie is in some ways like a long RGB episode. Basically what myself and some others were thinking when the Lions at the library come to life in the teaser.

Also this video appeared, some youtubers got to go to the set and play with the upgraded packs.

Can't say I'm a fan of the yellow bumper, people are already saying it looks like a thong and calling the pack a "Prothong" pack. Also they seem to sit really low on the ALICE frame, up until this they've always sat much higher up. packs appear at 5:20

Last edited:
Soldato
It didn't look like they tighten the straps and did the belt up properly. That's why the packs were too low. Mine does that when not set up correctly or if I let someone try it one.

I guessing as well that the yellow new bumper and the new metal covering on the end of the wand are for some serious upgrades and it needs the bumper for support.

Caporegime
It didn't look like they tighten the straps and did the belt up properly. That's why the packs were too low. Mine does that when not set up correctly or if I let someone try it one.

I guessing as well that the yellow new bumper and the new metal covering on the end of the wand are for some serious upgrades and it needs the bumper for support.

Xs6tzaW.png

b7NNFz6.png

It definitely seems to be mounted lower on the frame, in the video she goes side on and the foam roll is covering the entire top back section of the pack that's usually visible from the front. Even with the straps tightened that's not going to change the position of the foam covering up the entire top back section.

Last edited:
Soldato
I really want info on that big bad NOW. I had always hoped we'd see a film centred more about the Cult of Gozer, specifically Ivo Shandor. The game did an incredible job of laying down the lore around him (he was a genius/madman) but I always wanted more.

Great to see them using RGB as a sort of base to the film, not sure it'll work with the scooby do gang but that cartoon ranks amongst my fav of all time. I wanted to learn more about Hob Anagarak when they introduced us to it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Xs6tzaW.png

b7NNFz6.png

It definitely seems to be mounted lower on the frame, in the video she goes side on and the foam roll is covering the entire top back section of the pack that's usually visible from the front. Even with the straps tightened that's not going to change the position of the foam covering up the entire top back section.
That foam roll is so much bigger than it used to be. Also what I can see of the pack motherboard it looks like it's a Haslab pack underneath all the mods. The movie prop guy clearly didn't look like he adjusted any of the straps for her to try the pack. He just put the shoulders traps on her and let go. My pack with frame sits like that when not adjusted at all.

Caporegime
That foam roll is so much bigger than it used to be. Also what I can see of the pack motherboard it looks like it's a Haslab pack underneath all the mods. The movie prop guy clearly didn't look like he adjusted any of the straps for her to try the pack. He just put the shoulders traps on her and let go. My pack with frame sits like that when not adjusted at all.

There's a debate about it going on at gbfans about the height, the foal roll may be bigger but to me it still seems to be sitting lower than before.

Hard to tell if it is a haslab or not as they are the movie props. Would be a bit odd for a movie to use those, as they generally make them from scratch. Though the trap field at the end of afterlife was all store bought traps so maybe they are. Probably see Adam Savage delving into it at some point and seeing whats what.

Back
Top Bottom