Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire - March 29th, 2024

Soldato
There's a debate about it going on at gbfans about the height, the foal roll may be bigger but to me it still seems to be sitting lower than before.

Hard to tell if it is a haslab or not as they are the movie props. Would be a bit odd for a movie to use those, as they generally make them from scratch. Though the trap field at the end of afterlife was all store bought traps so maybe they are. Probably see Adam Savage delving into it at some point and seeing whats what.
It definitely looks like the Haslab pack. I've got one and the motherboard of the pack has the same curved edge. I think for afterlife the packs the PGs had were maybe from someone that builds them amd the heavily modified. Probably same for what Pheobe has. She has back problems so the Hasbro one was likely better in terms of weight for her.

Yeah trap field was spirit traps.

Soldato
I might go to the cinema to see this, I haven't been too motivated for going to the movies with the exceptions of GOTG3 and No Way Home for quite a while. They earned my trust with the last movie so show some love back.

Caporegime
dZ4dl3m.jpg

Still not sure how the Mini Pufts are apparently returning seeing as they're meant to be tied to Gozer and burned up at the end of afterlife. Might be one of the RGB elements that they now exist separately from Gozer like Stay Puft did in the cartoon.

Soldato
Hopefully it will be fantastic.

Everything I've seen so far and her from people that have visited the sets it's shaping up to be huge. Next trailer should be out in the next dew weeks. Empire magazine have revealed its covers for the next issue featuring Frozen Empire too.

Caporegime
tinjH4u.jpg

So this image is doing the rounds for the last day or so, not sure if its a scan out of that empire magazine or not.

One other pic knocking about showing the slimeblower being tested but that was a cert to be coming back with the set visit from those 'influencers' :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: (i hate that ******* word) earlier in the year.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes its from Empire. There is another image of the original busters with a suited up Janine running out of the firehouse.

Slimer is squating up on the top floor of the firehouse and being a pest. There is a trap below him so looks like someone is trying to capture him.

Also he isn't cg. It's a physical puppet again. A mate of mine visited the set and saw the prop. He told me lots of other cool stuff he saw too.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yes its from Empire. There is another image of the original busters with a suited up Janine running out of the firehouse.

Slimer is squating up on the top floor of the firehouse and being a pest. There is a trap below him so looks like someone is trying to capture him.

Also he isn't cg. It's a physical puppet again. A mate of mine visited the set and saw the prop. He told me lots of other cool stuff he saw too.

It's funny Slimer is returning after Jason Reitman seemed utterly baffled as to why people expected to see him in Afterlife saying that people seemed to think of Slimer as the Firehouse Dalmatian. And yet, here we have him. :D

Soldato
Well it looks a little better than Afterlife, but that was utterly dreadful so I don't have high hopes.
Really? I thought it was fantastic and still do after many rewatches. A nice nod to the classic era and tribute to Harold and Egon. It also wrapped up for good the Gozer era. Also welcoming in the new cast via Egon was spot on. Now this film will be a proper passing of the torch.

Caporegime
Really? I thought it was fantastic and still do after many rewatches. A nice nod to the classic era and tribute to Harold and Egon. It also wrapped up for good the Gozer era. Also welcoming in the new cast via Egon was spot on. Now this film will be a proper passing of the torch.

It had some issues and some real wtf moments, but was a good way to restart the franchise.

Back
Top Bottom