GIBBO:DFI 965-s DARK

no I moderate at dfi club and was sent thew board to help/setup pre launch so you guys could hit the ground running, hence the info page at the club...

most of the results are up either at dfi club or ocz benching forum area, if there's anything else you need to see let me know

raja said:
no I moderate at dfi club and was sent thew board to help/setup pre launch so you guys could hit the ground running, hence the info page at the club...

most of the results are up either at dfi club or ocz benching forum area, if there's anything else you need to see let me know
This is one of a few appealing things about DFI, they have great support in terms of forums like Abit, as well as Tony @ OCZ & other people most likely due to DFI's reputation for bringing out solid overclocking/tweaking motherboards geared towards enthusiasts. People spend a lot of their own time giving advice as well as giving tips on overclocking, so you dont even need to be very expierianced at overclocking to be able to use DFI boards - in my opinion.

It's a shame other manufacturers dont get the support DFI does as it could greatly improve things as a whole, like I said its all down to good reputation.

As for the DFI INFINITY P965-S Dark, it would be great if these were in stock asap I woudnt mind trying one of these out myself, never used a DFI board before.

raja said:
if there's anything else you need to see let me know
Ive heard that DFI's are touchy about which PSU they use. Was reading a thread saying a guy with the p965-s infinity tried an 850w PSU then swapped out to an "old" 700w PSU. I had a really bad time with my DFI infinity nforce2, and I know its a different chipset but DFI Ive heard is picky about PSU from more than 1 source.

Id like to know if the Enermax 500w liberty PSU would be good for this board, I had an Enermax 550w noise taker before this 1. Got it purely for the chance it was quieter with 1 x 120mm and the newer 24-pin mobo connector and PCI-E plugs.

If its know that DFI is picky with motherboards is there a known compatable list? For some users having more than 1 PSU to test is just wishful thinking.

I know this can be seen as a criticism but its really not, Ill willing the give the infinity another try even though my DFI nforce2 infinity was the single worst PC component I have ever used. This is due to the fact that I could get it to post eventually and there was always the chance that when RMA'ed it would power up first time and be sent right back to me...from the netherlands.

Tute said:
It looks like a nice board, but apart from layout what could it possibly offer over the DS3?

Seems a bit late really. :(

all the memory issues the DS3 has? (could never get my g skill ram to work on my ds3)

PLUS its DFI, if only this was a UT edition with that nice packaging :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom