GIBBO:DFI 965-s DARK

Anyone got any more info on when these boards are due out and at what expected cost?

I spoke to a guy at OcUK who told me the boards arn't even in production yet, which I know to be untrue as there are plenty of guys in the USA running them, and I believe they release in Europe in the next few days.

Don't know which way to turn! This board sounds the solution! :D

My other alternatives are Asus P5B-E Plus - eveything I want bar a double reset problem, that will kill my phase compressor. :(

Gigabyte DS3 says it can only run one PATA IDE device - I need two! :(

One Pata controller = master & slave = 2 IDE devices.

There has been a report in this thread that the boards wont get to the UK till 2nd week next month. Personally I think this is a poor show since there was a belgium store selling them. I mean were do u supply next? Start with Taiwan (home), USA, then ... Belgium? :rolleyes:

Hi Raja,

Can I ask why you've slacked the timings of the Cellshock (4.4.4.12/1000Mhz) to 5.5.5.15 even though the ram is slightly underclocked to 924Mhz.

I've got the Cellshock pc6400 kit and they've not had a problem running at 4.4.3.8/1000Mhz, just curious why you couldn't tighten the timings a little more on the pc8000 kit.

Cheers.

Bizarre said:
Hi Raja,

Can I ask why you've slacked the timings of the Cellshock (4.4.4.12/1000Mhz) to 5.5.5.15 even though the ram is slightly underclocked to 924Mhz.

I've got the Cellshock pc6400 kit and they've not had a problem running at 4.4.3.8/1000Mhz, just curious why you couldn't tighten the timings a little more on the pc8000 kit.

Cheers.

For the initial stability stuff things were run @ spd timings. Cellshock was run with manual at around ddr900 cas 4-4-4-9 for a quick 30 mins of orthos with very tight secondaries.

There is 2 types of ram being used in the super pi screenshots, the cas 4 timings were with the cellshock, cas 5 with ocz flex cas 4 kit.

I did not push trp down at the time as I had limited my time to get everything ready to get up on the forum before people started getting boards, no other reason. Any instability during benching or getting settings ready would have lead to more time being taken, so the basic '4' were tapped in haste.

I always have to work within vdimm that can be globally accepted for the stability stuff, for the burn of cascade benching I push a lot higher, but that info is not generally thrown at noobs - who try and copy settings via misadventure, the results often leads to posts containing expletives and accusations of cherry picked hardware.

Obviously SS/Cascade cpu speeds won''t be repeated with lesser cooling potential but memory speeds usually scale better at lower cpu mhz, due to less thru put via the nb.

A bit of everything was thrown in for fun over a limited time scale. The results were not under the hammer from any other source but myself as I felt it important to provide as much guarantee-able info as I could before users reported back for setup help..

I will be adding more as things progress further or as required, as will some of the other guys involved...

regards
Raja

Last edited:
I am interested in this board also, it appears that it’s going to be near the top of 965 pile. Just hope it does not end up with issues that could have been sorted if tested properly before release. DFI have a good track record though and this will be out well after most other manufactures have had various efforts at the 965.

I've been reading up on this board on about 6 different forums and I'm so excited like a little boy :p

The problem is I've got the money in my pocket burning the biggest hole and I'm not sure how much longer I can hold out!

I hope the price on 6600's continue to drop )

I think this board could also be the answer to my 4 x 2GB dilema as reports from the US claim fantastic memory support and stability when using 4 DIMMs.

I am parnoid about the 680i chipset it just doesn't seem robust.

raja said:
hey bud,

I have just plugged my qx6700 in now and need to get some results together. Most of the benchmarking results will go up at the OCZ hwbot team section, but I will pop the links to the images back here if you are interested.

regards
Raja
Hey Raja, if you read this any chance you can post those results? I will hopefully have my DFI Dark Infinity either thursday or friday fingers crossed. :)

Would appreciate it, I think others will too. :)

Nelly said:
Hey Raja, if you read this any chance you can post those results? I will hopefully have my DFI Dark Infinity either thursday or friday fingers crossed. :)

Would appreciate it, I think others will too. :)

Are they already avalible in the UK or did you order yours from another country? Not asking for links or anything just wondering, also if you dont mind saying How much did it cost you?

Thanks, Ben

Back
Top Bottom