GIBBO:DFI 965-s DARK

BEn_2600+ said:
Are they already avalible in the UK or did you order yours from another country? Not asking for links or anything just wondering, also if you dont mind saying How much did it cost you?

Thanks, Ben
I definitly paid a premium through costs from Europe £128.00, I reckon it will be cheaper than that when its at OcUK, but then again they will most likely have the first batch so likely to pay a premium - I was very lucky as well I got the final motherboard.

Nelly said:
I definitly paid a premium through costs from Europe £128.00, I reckon it will be cheaper than that when its at OcUK, but then again they will most likely have the first batch so likely to pay a premium - I was very lucky as well I got the final motherboard.
This board is coming out at a time where peryn boards with DDR3 slots are turning up in engineering samples. Its end of line for this chipset. I hope OcUK prices them with this in mind. Its supposed to be a budget board, with none of the fancy cooling or double raid controllers of the more expensive boards.

megatron said:
This board is coming out at a time where peryn boards with DDR3 slots are turning up in engineering samples. Its end of line for this chipset. I hope OcUK prices them with this in mind. Its supposed to be a budget board, with none of the fancy cooling or double raid controllers of the more expensive boards.
You have any guesses to the price? Here is my wild guess £120.

Based on the US launch price wasn't it supposed to be in the high 70's or early 80's? At £120 you're almost into 680iLT territory, which would be too high I think. The Abit QuadGT is over-priced in my opinion as well, and that's usually just over the £100 mark.

Id be prepared to pay £10 more than the DS3, and this is giving DFI another chance! My last DFI was the single most dire piece of PC equipment Ive had to put up with. I felt lucky when I had it running at stock and didnt dare turn it off, due to the rebooting issues. The time taken to get to board from a no-post state was 2-or 3 hrs but I got better at it and could usually get it down to about 10min.

Im not paying a premium for this board its far too late for that. If it comes out and I dont like the price I will buy a DS3P from a competitor and a e6420 at the same time (its already in my basket on a today only offer). I see an advantage in letting the e6420 prices settle so I get the best deal.

Last edited:
megatron said:
Id be prepared to pay £10 more than the DS3, and this is giving DFI another chance! My last DFI was the single most dire piece of PC equipment Ive had to put up with. I felt lucky when I had it running at stock and didnt dare turn it off, due to the rebooting issues. The time taken to get to board from a no-post state was 2-or 3 hrs but I got better at it and could usually get it down to about 10min.
Aye this will be my first DFI Board, I recieved it today the gutting thing is I've had 4 lots of DDR2 Ram, I dont have any at home at the moment, Im about to order some wish I hadnt sold my last batch lol. :)

What was your last DFI Board ???

megatron said:
Im not paying a premium for this board its far too late for that. If it comes out and I dont like the price I will buy a DS3P from a competitor and a e6420 at the same time (its already in my basket on a today only offer). I see an advantage in letting the e6420 prices settle so I get the best deal.
Aye I can understand, crazy thing with me is I spend stupid amounts of money on computer bits, paying premiums etc but if I ever advise anyone I always make sure I reccomend cheap but just as effective parts - I should start talking to myself - 1st sign of insanity I know lol :)

You don't know Soundwave, Shockwave, Starscream etc by any chance do you? <j/k> Looking forward to the film release. . . feel like Im 11 again lol :)

Got every single comic since Issue 1 (1984) to the final one. :D

Last edited:
I didnt hear that there is a new transformers movie. Is it computer generated graphics this time? I would have enough comics to light a 4day long bonfire but they got thrown out a long time ago. :rolleyes:

Last board was a DFI nforce2 infinity. In fact you can see details of every configuration Ive ever had in my sig, btw lol.

megatron said:
I didnt hear that there is a new transformers movie. Is it computer generated graphics this time? I would have enough comics to light a 4day long bonfire but they got thrown out a long time ago. :rolleyes:
:eek: http://www.transformersmovie.com/ I can't wait, its been directed by Stephen Speilberg! :D I just hope E.T doesnt pop up in the film! lol :)

megatron said:
Last board was a DFI nforce2 infinity. In fact you can see details of every configuration Ive ever had in my sig, btw lol.
Ahh I was on Via chipsets mainly back then, although I did purchase the Abit NF7 - probally the best board ive owned in terms of quality & performance.

Mekrel said:
It's faster as clocks higher on the 1066 strap. Only boards to boot at high FSB and not swap to 1333 are the Abit Quad and this.

Does anyone know of a guide where stuff like this ^ might be explained. I want to build a system and I'm not a noob, but let's say I still smell a bit of noob, and I need help :)

banja said:
Does anyone know of a guide where stuff like this ^ might be explained. I want to build a system and I'm not a noob, but let's say I still smell a bit of noob, and I need help :)

http://www.thetechrepository.com/showthread.php?t=30

chipset strap explanation on p965 and how it effects memory bandwidth.

also explains why running a lower multiplier than the default of the cpu may cause instability as the northbridge actually runs faster.

edit - damnit. :p

Back
Top Bottom