• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gibbo ETA for 3900x?

I'm coming from a x79 3820 @ 4.75. So anything in the series is a reasonable upgrade for me. Held out a long time.

Exactly the same as me. Although mine doesn't boost or OC anymore :(.

Rather looking forward to a decent upgrade. Be nice to use my whole gpu :D.

Exactly the same as me. Although mine doesn't boost or OC anymore :(.

Rather looking forward to a decent upgrade. Be nice to use my whole gpu :D.
Which one you tempted for?

My 3820 could hit 4.9+. Prett much golden, but over the years its dropped 200. The heat isn't fun, although I know my cooler aio is on the way out.

I ain't rushing into this though, I have no time for immature products. Once it's stable and prices have settled I'll buy.

Which one you tempted for?

My 3820 could hit 4.9+. Prett much golden, but over the years its dropped 200. The heat isn't fun, although I know my cooler aio is on the way out.

I ain't rushing into this though, I have no time for immature products. Once it's stable and prices have settled I'll buy.

Most likely going to be the 3900x need the extra cores for OBS and various other software now. Moving towards video editing so the extra cores will be beautiful. I assume you're also looking at a 3900?

I could only ever hit 4.7 lovely custom loop so heat wasn't a factor. Past few weeks it refuses to even boost. It's served me well over the years.

The fact there are rumours around about new SKUs of 3900's (non x) and others coming, see UFD tech youtube speaka volumes as to why we are still waiting on stock. To me this means they are obviously hitting a manufacture bottleneck and have decided to divy up the good and bad even more to flesh out their product line and maximise profits.

Couple this with the impending 3950X launch... zi'd expect we should see at least some deliveries by the end of next week considering that would make it week 4 since places went out of stock, but I'm just speculating again lol. I highly doubt they will get a weekend delivery, I hope they will but......

I want to hold off.... but... lol

I've been watching the ETA for the 3900X in various places, and the previous expected arrival of August 5th now seems to have shifted back to August 31st. I don't think anyone knows if/when these are likely to be back in stock.

I've been watching the ETA for the 3900X in various places, and the previous expected arrival of August 5th now seems to have shifted back to August 31st. I don't think anyone knows if/when these are likely to be back in stock.
Correct, I'm actually not expecting to get mine until September. As for the 3950X I would not even put an ETA on that and just believe it when they show as being in stock.

Hopefully @Gibbo can give us an update today.

I did yesterday it’s in deals section thread in short it seems no one really knows it’s our AMD country manager is back next week and once he is upto speed will hopefully be able to give a more firm date but I’m being told next week and end of month and well personally I feel end of month is more likely judging by past experiences.

I did yesterday it’s in deals section thread in short it seems no one really knows it’s our AMD country manager is back next week and once he is upto speed will hopefully be able to give a more firm date but I’m being told next week and end of month and well personally I feel end of month is more likely judging by past experiences.
Thanks, I believe that's a frank assesment of the situation.

Yea thanks for the frank assessment.

I can't wait another month for time off, Im going to cancel the order and just settle for the 3700X, im also not willing to leave £3k with OCUK and have nothing in return lol. Wish I'd of seen the post yesterday so I could have rang up today.

And with my luck guys, when I cancel, they will get stock in the day after I get my 3700X :P

Last edited:
It's a bit ridiculous now from AMD, I took time off work and gave it a month in case of issues like this.

It looks like I'll have to bite the bullet and get a 9900k :(

I just made the swap to the 3700X. However what I feared would happen happened. 2 of the items on my order went out of stock whilst I was waiting, a corsair fan trippe fan pack ML120s and a k95 keyboard and mouse bundle. I decided to swap the fans for LL120s for the time being and OCUK straight swapped the out of stock Cherry MX brown for Cherry MX speed, not as good reviews for those switches but I guess I can return it if it doesnt work out. I would wait for the fans but they are direct from corsair US so wouldnt be in stock till the 14th and just no.... lol

So whilst Im annoyed at OCUK for not holding the items I had already paid upfront for, I didn't shout at the guy bringing me the bad news. This has made me think twice about doing anything like this again on AMDs part and on OCUKs part by selling parts supposedly reserved and paid for by me.

Back
Top Bottom