• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gibbo ETA for 3900x?

Soldato
So how much is the HEDT 12 core Intel chip ?

Ouch, I just looked and its double the price even though this is an inflated price for the 3900X, Has 1/3 of the Cache and still pcie 3.0
You won't change his mind though, He is still annoyed that AMD didn't release their 12 core for £329 or whatever the projected price was.

Soldato
Ouch, I just looked and its double the price even though this is an inflated price for the 3900X, Has 1/3 of the Cache and still pcie 3.0
You won't change his mind though, He is still annoyed that AMD didn't release their 12 core for £329 or whatever the projected price was.

Have no clue what their prices are, don't even know the SKU's ect. Going on what 4k has said I would have guessed considerably more than £560 being Intel's HEDT platform.

Trying to understand the original comment now going on that salient piece of info :confused:

Soldato
Have no clue what their prices are, don't even know the SKU's ect. Going on what 4k has said I would have guessed considerably more than £560 being Intel's HEDT platform.

Trying to understand the original comment now going on that salient piece of info :confused:
I think the cheapest I spotted an i9-9920X was £1050. The i9-9960X is their 16 core CPU for £1.5k

Associate
£560 is a unreal price tag for a 12-core.
AMD sells Ryzen 5 3600 for £188 which means that adding another chiplet would increase the price to £240 MAX, anything more than £240 is ridiculous.

DON'T buy that crap!

How can AMD undercut intel by a huge margin in the servers market, while the poor consumers who don't understand anything, should pay the whole bill??

Here:

TRENDING NOW: 2 X AMD EPYC 7742 FOR $13,900 ANNIHILATE $52,000 WORTH OF INTEL XEONS Home News CPU, APU & Chipsets 2 x AMD EPYC 7742 for $13,900 annihilate $52,000 worth of Intel Xeons

Read more: https://www.tweaktown.com/news/6743...nnihilate-52-000-worth-intel-xeons/index.html

AMD are not charging £560 the retailers are. I got mine for £479 at launch. No mine doesnt hit advertised speeds although seems like a fix should be out soon. Am i annoyed not really cause it is still a fantastic chip. Yes the 9900K beats it at gaming (please note the reviewers samples also were not hitting advertised speed so the fix will close this gap) but who cares. Are you honestly telling me you can see the difference with the naked eye in gaming at 97fps compared to 100fps, of course you cant

Also many like myself dont just game and use are computers for productivity and in productivity the 3900X destroys the 9900k which more than makes up for an un-noticeable difference in game performance. There is NO rational argument in the world that makes a 9900K a better buy over the 3900X other than the fact that you were gullible enough to believe the leaks and are sulking because mummy wont let you have the other £200 needed to get one.

At some point you must realise that when every one else is arguing against your opinion that possibly you may be wrong, i think even the biggest narcisisssts amongst us would come to that conclusion.

TrM

TrM

Associate
They won't fly off the shelves as fast as they were due to the much higher price. The £80 increase will help curtail the high demand but still maximise profits. Plus many will now wait to see what price the 3950X comes in at.

It’s back to pre order now. i don’t know what your view is by flying off the shelves :) but around the 24 hours to sell all the stock they had 10+. To me that demand is still outweighing stock and price .so the price hasn’t put to many off yet.

Soldato
It’s back to pre order now. i don’t know what your view is by flying off the shelves :) but around the 24 hours to sell all the stock they had 10+. To me that demand is still outweighing stock and price .so the price hasn’t put to many off yet.
Strange, as I've just checked and this is what I see.
48767548828_a118c556df_c.jpg

Associate
yep more than 10 in stock and i would love one as i have been wating for weeks but not at these prices its £70 over the top for me untill they go to £490 i am not buying one simple as that

TrM

TrM

Associate
I suspect that's a cached page. That or OcUK don't want your business. ;)

It’s from my iPhone and even signing in doesn’t change it either :( surly signing in would update the cashe strange:( and I think your right they don’t want my business hehe :)

Soldato
yep more than 10 in stock and i would love one as i have been wating for weeks but not at these prices its £70 over the top for me untill they go to £490 i am not buying one simple as that
I've got a mate who says exactly the same. He's now going to wait until November/December.

When the prices here were £530 and more at some other retailers I was lucky enough to pick mine up for £474. There was no way I was even going to buy at £530 nevermind the current £560.

Associate
I've got a mate who says exactly the same. He's now going to wait until November/December.

When the prices here were £530 and more at some other retailers I was lucky enough to pick mine up for £474. There was no way I was even going to buy at £530 nevermind the current £560.

I have a vega 56 sapphire sitting here never used and i have had that 2 months, dont even know if it works. lol

Back
Top Bottom