• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gibbo ETA for 3900x?

Associate
Thank you for the information :)

No, I think sometimes people are confused and intolerant to other people's opinions.

R9 3900X is faster at 1080p in CS:GO (esports title), while at 4K there is no difference.

https://www.techspot.com/review/1877-core-i9-9900k-vs-ryzen-9-3900x/

Fair enough i have seen that review but all i see is that the ryzen did better in 3 games and the games i am interested Intel did better. Especially SC2 I was a bit frustrated.

Doesn't mean that i would go for the Intel now though because I could use the multitasking the Ryzen provides better than the Intel product. Others would though based on the chart below.

Stock.png

Caporegime
OP
New Bios released today for my X570 Aorus Pro F10a

1. Update AMD AGESA 1.0.0.4 B
  2. Improve system boot time
  3. Improve RAID function compatibility
  4. Add AMD Raven Ridge APU (Ryzen 2400G/ 2200G) support

Permabanned
Fair enough i have seen that review but all i see is that the ryzen did better in 3 games and the games i am interested Intel did better. Especially SC2 I was a bit frustrated.

Doesn't mean that i would go for the Intel now though because I could use the multitasking the Ryzen provides better than the Intel product. Others would though based on the chart below.

Stock.png

These are outdated and not relevant results.
There are new BIOSes, new chipset drivers and Windows 10 updates.
AC, for example, improves the performance 10-15% which means that the -4% on the graph above becomes completely different.

Soldato
No, I think sometimes people are confused and intolerant to other people's opinions.
You really should learn the difference between an opinion and a prediction/statement.

If you had said "I think Intel/AMD are a terrible company" then that is an opinion.

What you wrote was
...Also, if R9 3900X gets its right price of £483, the i9-9900K sales will literally drop to 0.

This is a prediction/statement NOT AN OPINION which is easily verifiable as the 3900X was for a good while at £480 as it hasn't always been £600. You even used the word "literally".
So were there any sales of the 9900K when the 3900X was at its 'right price'.?

Let's find out from a person that actually sells both CPU's at the same time to see what happened.
9900K continued selling when 3900X launched at MSRP.

This makes your statement inaccurate and false, or as I mildly put it, nonsense. That is not an opinion but a verified fact.

Permabanned
This is a prediction/statement NOT AN OPINION which is easily verifiable as the 3900X was for a good while at £480 as it hasn't always been £600. You even used the word "literally".
So were there any sales of the 9900K when the 3900X was at its 'right price'.?

Let's find out from a person that actually sells both CPU's at the same time to see what happened.

£483 is the global price available in other retailers right now.

This makes your statement inaccurate and false, or as I mildly put it, nonsense. That is not an opinion but a verified fact.

It doesn't. Because it had been at that price only for several days, 3 months ago and completely different environment.

Associate
So going back to the topic of getting a 3950x - we're speculating that pre-orders will go live on Nov 5th ?
Is there a time of day when OCUK or CPU preorders normally come on ?
Because I need to get in on day 1, this chip was the only reason I'm interseted in x570 in the 1st place.
I can live with waiting for the chip if I at least get it at launch price.

Soldato
So going back to the topic of getting a 3950x - we're speculating that pre-orders will go live on Nov 5th ?
Is there a time of day when OCUK or CPU preorders normally come on ?
Because I need to get in on day 1, this chip was the only reason I'm interseted in x570 in the 1st place.
I can live with waiting for the chip if I at least get it at launch price.

Someone asked gibbo the same thing for the 9900KS and he replied as 12pm. Worth an ask I reckon for the 3950X 'if' he's allowed to say.

Associate
I haven't ruled out a 3950x yet...but do I really need more cores :p
I can always use the IPC, of course but I'm after a doubling of cores & I've got plenty of software that can use 'em. Of course, a side effect is that my PC is always solid for gaming too, but that's more of a bonus.

Associate
I think price will simply kill it - like the 3900x also. X570 seems over-priced atm - really not a keen of them little fans on X570 MB either - surely they arent required?

Associate
I think price will simply kill it - like the 3900x also. X570 seems over-priced atm - really not a keen of them little fans on X570 MB either - surely they arent required?
The 1st batch will come in a t RRP though & if that's near £750 it will be fantastic value for people like me who can use all those cores - I'm not buying it instead of a 9900k or 3700x but instead of an Intel or AMD HEDT platform chip.
We'll see next week, anyway I guess.

Permabanned

The fans are required because the chipset power draw is significant and without a fan it would probably overheat and damage the board.
The issue is in AMD because they didn't move the chiplet/chipset production to TSMC 7nm.

Soldato
The fans are required because the chipset power draw is significant and without a fan it would probably overheat and damage the board.
The issue is in AMD because they didn't move the chiplet/chipset production to TSMC 7nm.

Isn’t the problem PCIE 4 and the potential for heat from using that kind bandwidth.

In most desktop situations I don’t think the fan is needed, but you have the potential for doing a lot of high performance work with AM4 Plus some of the boards carry 3 years warrant and a system can be reconfigured in that time.

Soldato
It doesn't. Because it had been at that price only for several days, 3 months ago and completely different environment.
Yes it was a nonsense statement as most people who read it would tell you. The 3900X was not at the £480 for several days it was at that price for several weeks, during which many 9900K were sold.

The other fact that makes your statement nonsense is that the 3900X is currently still at the £480 MSRP in other outlets in European countries, yet they are still selling 9900K's.

Soldato
Yes it was a nonsense statement as most people who read it would tell you. The 3900X was not at the £480 for several days it was at that price for several weeks, during which many 9900K were sold.

The other fact that makes your statement nonsense is that the 3900X is currently still at the £480 MSRP in other outlets in European countries, yet they are still selling 9900K's.

The 3900X was out of stock in hours.

Back
Top Bottom