• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gibbo ETA for 3900x?

Soldato
The most annoying thing about the 3900x is the blatant price gouging still going on in the UK. It only takes a quick google to the 3900x on sale in Germany for instance at 549 Euro (£474.23). The German e-tailers are showing as having stock as well, so not at that price because they have no stock.
In fact one of those German e-tailers is the very company that owns OCUK. So perhaps @Gibbo might like to explain why anyone should pay £599.99 from here when any of us can simply pay £474.23 from OCUK's parent company ?

Last edited:
Soldato
The most annoying thing about the 3900x is the blatant price gouging still going on in the UK. It only takes a quick google to the 3900x on sale in Germany for instance at 549 Euro (£474.23). The German e-tailers are showing as having stock as well, so not at that price because they have no stock.
In fact one of those German e-tailers is the very company that owns OCUK. So perhaps @Gibbo might like to explain why anyone should pay £599.99 from here when any of us can simply pay £474.23 from OCUK's parent company ?

The fact ocuk has stock.

Soldato

Could be for many reasons. Like OCUK are holding a lot of Intel stock and can’t return it.

But yes I agree pricing is now becoming competitive on the 3900X

Associate

Do you really think they care? They're a business and if they can make more money that's what they'll do. I suspect Gibbo will get a nice pat on the back for selling as many 3900x as possible with steps up in price.

Soldato
OCUK can charge what they want ultimately, it's a free market afterall… don't like it don't buy.

I know I wouldn't be buying at inflated prices, you just need patience and/or some quick googling instead.

OcUK Staff
...or some of us more suspicious minded people may think that they moved the parent company stock to OcUK because the UK is prepared to pay a higher price.

Well our stock is grey, but its not from our sister company, but from a broker that sources stock worldwide, of course they add a chunk of margin to it and of course were making around 15% on it too instead of the typical 5-8% we would make on a new high demand CPU.
If goes to plan and we receive more official stock this week, were expecting 100-200 this will be at correct cost which shall reduce our stock average, if and when that happens our price will reduce.

Associate
its all just supply and demand....(Strokes his 3900x the cost 479.99) :D

Just kidding

I had a friend of mine who only plays CS 1.6 who wanted to get into CPU mining but then realised it wouldnt pay off so sold me his Mini ITX 16gb ram and the 3900x for £250.00 because he couldnt be arsed to sell it on ebay. best purchase ive ever made.

Associate
If goes to plan and we receive more official stock this week, were expecting 100-200 this will be at correct cost which shall reduce our stock average, if and when that happens our price will reduce.
I really hope so, ive been a loyal customer for many years but seeing overclockers have one of the highest prices in the UK atm, makes me feel disappointed (which makes me sad after all the years). When Ive wanted computer components, ive looked at overclockers first. In your defence, you got stock - sounds like you paid a crazy amount for but I only learnt this from your forum.

Maybe wishful thinking, but if I can get a 3900x for £500 somewhere - I will buy one (official retailers of-course). Although this wasnt crazy, as some have gotten them for 475ish? These 550+ prices are just insane; sure there are people out there willing to spend more etc. but these prices make a worthwhile upgrade into a dont bother.

If you get new stock at a lower price, then its a shame that it will lower your stock average as you need recover the cost of those higher priced chips. You guys know your business better than me, maybe they still sell well at price?

Maybe im just venting but it just seems after long time the 3900x might be a worthwhile upgrade but isnt because of pricing is so bad. Not knocking you guys on the 3700x - thats a great price, for a nice chip. The 3700x is very tempting, but having 4 more cores makes an upgrade, a bigger upgrade.

If pricing stays like this, then might as well skip. Sorry if im somewhat hostile - im just frustrated - I know its probably not your fault.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
I really hope so, ive been a loyal customer for many years but seeing overclockers have one of the highest prices in the UK atm, makes me feel disappointed (which makes me sad after all the years). When Ive wanted computer components, ive looked at overclockers first. In your defence, you got stock - sounds like you paid a crazy amount for but I only learnt this from your forum.

Maybe wishful thinking, but if I can get a 3900x for £500 somewhere - I will buy one (official retailers of-course). Although this wasnt crazy, as some have gotten them for 475ish? These 550+ prices are just insane; sure there are people out there willing to spend more etc. but these prices make a worthwhile upgrade into a dont bother.

If you get new stock at a lower price, then its a shame that it will lower your stock average as you need recover the cost of those higher priced chips. You guys know your business better than me, maybe they still sell well at price?

Maybe im just venting but it just seems after long time the 3900x might be a worthwhile upgrade but isnt because of pricing is so bad. Not knocking you guys on the 3700x - thats a great price, for a nice chip. The 3700x is very tempting, but having 4 more cores makes an upgrade, a bigger upgrade.

If pricing stays like this, then might as well skip. Sorry if im somewhat hostile - im just frustrated - I know its probably not your fault.

Were one of the only stockist, because for us to have stock is simply the best option as were selling 10+ a day, so if we did not take the expensive stock, someone else would. So the option was have no stock and leave the price low and take orders and then risk disappointing customers if they end up waiting weeks, or bring in the more expensive stock, then customers have the option to buy expensive, or pre-order elsewhere at a lower price and wait.

Official stock is due today, but it won't pull us down to anywhere near £500 I am afraid, maybe £550 at a push, simply because we pulled in like 500 of the expensive ones and have around 150 units left and are expecting around 100 today, our plan if goes to plan is to drop to £550ish on This Week Only.

£479 is MSRP and launch price, its pretty much history now for those showing in stock, only way that is happening again is for AMD to vastly ramp up supply and I mean like by 100 fold, supply is still nothing short of terrible still. I can pick up the phone right now and buy 200x 9900K just like that, its that easy. AMD 3900X nowhere to be found, they have to be hunted down in grey channels from brokers who want to make a big chunk of margin on the privilege.

Soldato
Oh.....3900x has started to go up where I live by an extra 20. They had stock for weeks but now its "unknown delivery date" with price increase.

Doubt I be getting one before Christmas now.

OcUK Staff
The official stock landed, so guys here you go for a week:

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X Twelve Core 4.6GHz (Socket AM4) Processor - Retail @ £559.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/AMD-...Hz-Socket-AM4-Processor-Retail-CP-3B5-AM.html

100-100000023BOX, 12 Core with 24 Threads, 4.60GHz clock speed, 7nm FinFet Process, 64MB L3 Cache, Dual Channel DDR4 Controller, 3200-3600MHz RAM Recommended, 3 Year Warranty

Only £559.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

We have more grey stock landing next week so this price will end next Wednesday guys, so make hey whilst the sun shines and as AMD are not giving us any BF deal on 3900X so I think its fair to say if you want one and want now this is a good price.

OcUK Staff
AMD doing me some good deals on old gen Rippers, these are crazy price:

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 24-Core / 48-Threads 2970WX 4.20GHz (Socket TR4) Processor - Retail @ £899.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/AMD-...Hz-Socket-TR4-Processor-Retail-CP-3AY-AM.html

YD297XAZAFWOF, 24 Core with 48 Threads, 4.20GHz clock speed, 12nm FinFet Process, 64MB L3 Cache, Quad Channel DDR4 Controller, 3 Year Warranty

Only £899.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

AMD Ryzen Threadripper Sixteen Core 2950X 4.4GHz (Socket TR4) Processor - Retail @ £698.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/AMD-...Hz-Socket-TR4-Processor-Retail-CP-3AM-AM.html

YD295XA8AFWOF, 16 Core with 32 Threads, 4.40GHz clock speed, 12nm FinFet Process, 32MB L3 Cache, Quad Channel DDR4 Controller, 3 Year Warranty

Only £698.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

AMD Ryzen Threadripper Twelve Core 2920X 4.3GHz (Socket TR4) Processor - Retail @ £349.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/AMD-...Hz-Socket-TR4-Processor-Retail-CP-3AX-AM.html

YD292XA8AFWOF, 12 Core with 24 Threads, 4.30GHz clock speed, 12nm FinFet Process, 32MB L3 Cache, Quad Channel DDR4 Controller, 3 Year Warranty

Only £349.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Some extremely good prices on the Rippers and remember they are QUAD channel too.

Back
Top Bottom