• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gibbo is getting an R600!!

Caporegime
Yes as getting as many cards out as possible is all they care about, but theres no point in that if you cant run **** all on em due to crap drivers, still they dont care about that, as long as you have drivers to get your card running it does them. :)

Yes im well ****** at Nv. :D

Associate
ohh righty :rolleyes:
im just glad that my nvidia 6600 has lasted me well
bring on the r600 sadly my budget has been cut due to my psu just dieing on me it was expected due to it being generic

Soldato
jaykay said:
ohh righty :rolleyes:
im just glad that my nvidia 6600 has lasted me well
bring on the r600 sadly my budget has been cut due to my psu just dieing on me it was expected due to it being generic
Well you wouldn't have been able to upgrade your graphics card anyway without replacing it. Even if it could power it i'd hope no-one would be stupid enough to hook an R600 up to a generic psu.

Permabanned
Shocky-FM said:
BS.

sc_prem_4x.gif

Hey thats awesome, my 180 quid gfx card is only 10fps behind a 8800 gts in all resses :D

Soldato
Cmon, SupCom is sooooooooo dependant on the CPU. Going from an E6600 to a QX6700 gave me a boost of around 10-20fps, not to mention the game plays extremely smoothly now.

Soldato
Maybe its just the person is running with hardly any AI and very very limited number of units. I'd love to know the test conditions, because its smells iffy to me.

Associate
jaykay said:
if its cpu dependant then why do the gpu get different scores?

Because it's not as simple as a game being just CPU limited full stop. It will be cpu limited at certain points and GPU limited in other points depending on how much is on the screen (GPU) and how much AI/physics (CPU) is being calculated. Being CPU limited only reduces the difference between different cards especially in games where the frame rate varies a lot.

Soldato
Shocky-FM said:

just goes to show that its not the GPU as the change is more to do with how many troops the CPU has to calc trajectory's for.
if you'ed played SC on any number of computers then you would know that the game is MUCH more CPU/Ram dependant than GPU

the only time its GPU limited is when there are about 100 or so troops per side

Soldato
VeNT said:
just goes to show that its not the GPU as the change is more to do with how many troops the CPU has to calc trajectory's for.
if you'ed played SC on any number of computers then you would know that the game is MUCH more CPU/Ram dependant than GPU

the only time its GPU limited is when there are about 100 or so troops per side
What he said. :)

Back
Top Bottom