• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gibbo is getting an R600!!

Associate
heres a link about with this amd dude
http://www.hardwarezone.com/articles/view.php?id=2229&cid=30&pg=2

he says that the reason for atis delayed launch is
The reason we decided to delay the launch was that we wanted to have a complete DX10-enabled solution top to bottom. A lot of people wrote that the reason it is delayed is because of a problem with the silicon, but there is no problem with the silicon. We are demonstrating it. We can ship it today

Associate
If you have waited this long surely you can wait another couple of weeks?

Also if the cards perform near or better than the Nvidia cards it might bring the price down on these even further.

If I don't have to buy a card today I would deffo hold off a few more weeks to see what happens before making a decision on what is best for me.

Soldato
Gerard said:
As far as price is concered im sure it'll be the usual assraping price of around £450+. :mad:

Anyone remember when gfx cards topped out at around £250 -£300?
I remember when they topped out at £70 for voodoo1 card,,£110 for voodoo2,,£90 for TNT,,,£160 for voodoo3..£220 for voodoo5 5500 etc

Associate
Gonzo0 said:
Cant wait, hopefully it will kill the 8800 then i can be happy that i waited for R600

Somehow i dont think its going to happen, and until any real Dx10 game comes thru we wont really know.

Soldato
Nice to hear ... although 3dM aint gonna tell as diddly about real performance :)
I would like to see it tested on XP with C2D as thats still the current fastest set-up, noise and heat generated would be handy too.

LLBD Tiberio, the first cards will be 80nm for sure.

Associate
Awesome!

Yeah well, the free legal games, I don't think they will give a rough enough estimate of what the R600 will do, 'cos the real games that you purchase have more sophisticated graphics. Well I don't think spending 30 quid or so on some games won't do any harm?

Great news though :D

Associate
LLBDTiberio said:
Yeah Melbourne, Gibbo should "lend" it to us :p

If you don't ask, you don't get :D

Gibbo, I refuse to believe that no-one at OCuk has Oblivion you could put on your build to test! There's probably one on member's market right now - do you have over 250 posts? :D

And if we're opening the doors to paid games, then FEAR should be done as well. Plus Doom 3, Far Cry and 3d mark 01/03 for laughs :D

Soldato
Gibbo,
I'm sure most of us want to see STALKER performance in XP & Vista, please. :)

Tbh, I'm shocked that you don't have the latest games lying around. How do you test RMAs properly? A lot of card 'issues' don't always show up in 3DMark tests.

Caporegime
phatboy said:
I will lend my copy of FEAR for the test if you dont have one there, long as i get it back :)

Wont miss it atm, im brutally addicted to TDU

How abouts I lend the card and use my copy of F.E.A.R to test it. :)

Back
Top Bottom