• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gibbo is getting an R600!!

Soldato
LoadsaMoney said:
It wont matter if its faster than the GTX as Nvidia are going to release the GTX beating 8800 Ultra to spoil ATi's party
Unless, of course, the R600 surpasses the GTX and comes in around the same performance as the Ultra.

That would be the best situation for consumers.

Caporegime
Yes it would, we'll just have to wait and see though, would be hilarious though if there was already a faster card than the R600 out, ATi would be out of it before they even launched, what a ******. :D :D

Still their R600's are their 2nd Dx10 generation, and Nvidia have just launched their first, so it could be in Dx10 where ATi could do the better, its going to be very interesting indeed, and if thats the case ATi will not be out of it, they will be ahead as they will be the better option, around the same in Dx9, but better at Dx10, they would be the way to go as its upcoming Dx10 that matters now. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
When is the first Direct X 10 title due? I think it is Halo 2 in May right? Wonder if that game will be a suitable benchmark for the new cards.

Associate
LoadsaMoney said:
Yes it would, we'll just have to wait and see though, would be hilarious though if there was already a faster card than the R600 out, ATi would be out of it before they even launched, what a ******. :D :D

Still their R600's are their 2nd Dx10 generation, and Nvidia have just launched their first, so it could be in Dx10 where ATi could do the better, its going to be very interesting indeed, and if thats the case ATi will not be out of it, they will be ahead as they will be the better option, around the same in Dx9, but better at Dx10, they would be the way to go as its upcoming Dx10 that matters now. :)

What do you mean the R600's are their 2nd DX10 generation?

As far as I was aware it is the first DX10 chip ATI have made.

Caporegime
Quoted from the Article i posted on page 2 :-

Vijay Sharma: Even before Vista we had WQHL-certification. So our driver is in great shape. And the other point is we are actually on our second generation of DX10.

The xbox360 was their first generation, so as i said they could do Dx10 better than Nvidia as the 8800's are only Nvida's first generation. :)

Plus ATi wipe the floor with Nvidia in the driver dept. they just cant compete driver-wise.

Last edited:
Associate
LoadsaMoney said:
Quoted from the Article i posted on page 2 :-

Vijay Sharma: Even before Vista we had WQHL-certification. So our driver is in great shape. And the other point is we are actually on our second generation of DX10.

The xbox360 was their first generation, so as i said they could do Dx10 better than Nvidia as the 8800's are only their first generation. :)

As far as I was aware the xbox 360's is not really directx 10. I thought it was a modified version of directx 9 which has a unified shader architecture.

Soldato
That interview also states they have upped IQ .... but it also mentions something about not having higher than 6xAA as people don't use AA at high res ... erm I think they are wrong there, I run 1920x1200 and can clearly see the difference between no AA, 2xAA and 4xAA. Admitedly its tough to see the difference to 6x ... but when I had the GTX SLi setup 16xAA looked reeeeeeeeal sweet :)

From rumours I have seen the ultra is 650/2200, obviously nvidia believe thats enough to eek ahead of R600, so they will be so similar in performance it will make no odds, it will be down to preference and costs.

The fact GTX seem not to be being replenished in online stores, leads me to believe the 17th might be right for the ultra....

Last edited:
Associate
LoadsaMoney said:
R600 is also unified shader, so ATi are ahead of Nvidia, G80 is their very first unified, this is ATi's 2nd generation so its going to be very interesting when Dx10 games get here, plus they wipe the floor with Nvidia in the driver dept. to as said, ATi had full WHQL certification for their Vista drivers in Novmeber, Nvidia didnt get any done till after it was released, their drivers are abysmal, even their XP ones, only 2x poor official sets for the 8 series since release, a very poor showing, ATi release a new set every month, they are well ahead in drivers, so its going to be very interesting, R600 may have been 5 months behind G80, but i wouldn't write them off. :)

It may be a unified shader architecture but that does not make it DX10.

This will be their first fully compliant DX10 GPU.

A few weeks ago you had pretty much written off ATI and were shouting from the rooftops about G80. I don't think I have ever known anyone change their opinion on things as much as you.

Back
Top Bottom