• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gibbo is getting an R600!!

flippin_waffles said:
I'm in!! :p Anyway, I registered and was going to ask a question, but it might be too late now. :( I was just wondering if AMD gave you any recommendations on how to run the card and what games/apps to run on it, Gibbo? I figure they probably didn't just ship you out a card and drivers and just said go at it! heh But maybe they did, I don't know how it all works. :(
Also, I assume it's red? :D And most importantly, what do the stickers look like? :D

Thanks for any answers in advance!

Hi there

They just gave me the card and drivers, then left me to it. I will post my results as soon as I get permission.

Do you think this will fit into a thermaltake tsunami dream case? Currently my x1900xt just about fits in but since the R600 has the power connectors on the top it should make it a lot easier.

I'll probably get a new TFT over the summer and would love to have one of these babies paired with it. :D

thegibbonisfreetospeakiz4.png

You Said, the card was 5/6 (On a scale of 1-10) has your opinion changed since then, yay or nay?.

-Ant

Last edited:
Antx777 said:
hollywood_sign.php

You Said, the card was 5/6 (On a scale of 1-10) has your opinion changed since then, yay or nay?.

-Ant

No he said if one a scale of 1 to 10, the GTX was 5 the XT was 5/6 ;)

Quote from above linked article @ VRzone:
"The core clock of R600XT stood at 750MHz while the memory is at 820MHz"

slow on memory, but faster core than I expected from the XT, so maybe 825/2200 for the XTX ?

Last edited:
Vogon said:
No he said if one a scale of 1 to 10, the GTX was 5 the XT was 5/6 ;)

Quote from above linked article @ VRzone:
"The core clock of R600XT stood at 750MHz while the memory is at 820MHz"

slow on memory, but faster core than I expected from the XT, so maybe 825/2200 for the XTX ?

Hi there

Maybe it gets a 7 now, but guys the games I tested with were limited so my results when I post them should not be taken as truly representing the cards performance. Wait for more reviews where lots more games have been tasted and dare I say it hopefully some DX10 games/apps. :)

IceShock said:
Gibbo would you say the card would proove its self worthy of running "armed assault" on maximum with reasonable fps? (if your alowed to give this info)

because a 8800gtx cant do so :cool:

thanks

I can answer that, the game is one of the worst coded games to come out this year. 8800GTX is more than enough for it, its just the game was coded in a garage by russian illegals.

true. but on ultra highest settings a 8800 cant keep fps up tho :confused:

a lot of posts have been put about it in the game's thread about the game and people with 8800's etc have said they think the games stupid that a 8800 cant run it maximum.

anyways i dont think its a bad game personally

Nelly said:
Was ATI this boring before those idiots at AMD took them over? Pity Intel didnt buy ATI out would have been the perfect match! :rolleyes:
What do you find boring about R600 exactly?

Not criticising, just genuinely wondering why. I mean I found it very boring until I found out about the on-board HDMI sound, the 24x antialiasing etc. Seems kind of nifty to me now. :)

Ulfhedjinn said:
I thought that was Stalker. :D

so did I .... then I downloaded the demo for Arma ... lol looks like COD the original, but with worse frame rates than stalker .... games coded this badly should be eligable for refund under the not fit for purpose trading laws :)

ati have never been boring i dont think :eek:

iv allways liked them better to be honest. like the cooler designs and the logos and stickers etc.

i think there better all around, but just a shame there taking so long lately to make stuff

Nelly said:
Was ATI this boring before those idiots at AMD took them over? Pity Intel didnt buy ATI out would have been the perfect match! :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Whats boring about 8800gtx performance with superior driver support and lower price ??

Back
Top Bottom