Gigabyte AORUS FO32U2P Flat QD-OLED: 32" 4K 240Hz with DisplayPort 2.1, KVM

I know it is off topic a bit, but does anyone have and can share an opinion about the smaller brother, FO27Q3?
There are like 3 YT reviews and 3 written reviews only on this monitor and no respected sites seem to be working on a review of it besides rtings (but it seems at least 2 weeks away or more)

Quick tip for anyone mounting this monitor to a monitor arm, I had to use 8mm m4 screws to get a tight /snug fit between the arm bracket and the monitor. 10mm/12mm that seem to come with most arms will do the job but leave a little bit of wiggle between the monitor and bracket

Quick tip for anyone mounting this monitor to a monitor arm, I had to use 8mm m4 screws to get a tight /snug fit between the arm bracket and the monitor. 10mm/12mm that seem to come with most arms will do the job but leave a little bit of wiggle between the monitor and bracket
This caught me out too, was surprised they didn't include any screws as i've used the same ones with my mount for the last 10+ years :D

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone who owns this screen has had the screen randomly go black during use, the monitor is not powering off and the game at the time is not being disrupted. I thought it was maybe having DP set to 2.1 but set it to 1.4 and it still happened. Im trying to figure out if its a problem with firmware or hardware as if its hardware Id need to rma with OcUK. Current solution to correct the black screen is to cycle the power button off then back on to get picture back.
Just bought and had the exact same issue. Monitor has turned off three times and once turned black and needed to be switched off and on manually. That's in maybe 15 hours of usage.

Did you get this fixed up in the end, anyone else have this issue?

Last edited:
Just bought and had the exact same issue. Monitor has turned off three times and once turned black and needed to be switched off and on manually. That's in maybe 15 hours of usage.

I actually had to rma mine for a faulty vesa mount hole, but haven't had the replacement show any of the original screen issues. Very happy with it

I haven't had any issues with mine, have you tried updating the firmware?

V2 Firmware for the AORUS FO32U2P released 20/08/24
https://www.gigabyte.com/uk/Monitor/AORUS-FO32U2P/support#support-dl-firmware

I actually had to rma mine for a faulty vesa mount hole, but haven't had the replacement show any of the original screen issues. Very happy with it
Interesting, I've let OCUK know and I'll see if I should replace. Thanks for the info mate.

I haven't had any issues with mine, have you tried updating the firmware?
Just updated to the V2 Firmware, will keep my fingers crossed.

Last edited:

I can confirm this is an issue. There are multiple Reddit queries about this and I have the exact same problem. I've sent my monitor back to Gigabyte, they say they cannot replicate the issue and want to return it...which I've not accepted. I can easily replicate the issue and there are so many reports online about this. 4K 240Hz with DSC and display cable with HDR enabled and G-sync. Alt and tabbing rapidly on the desktop and switching between the browser (Firefox) and desktop force replicates the issue. It's usually random and occurs over a few hours when playing games and alternating between various windows or sometimes it just happens while in games. It's definitely a bigger issue than they think.

I can confirm this is an issue. There are multiple Reddit queries about this and I have the exact same problem. I've sent my monitor back to Gigabyte, they say they cannot replicate the issue and want to return it...which I've not accepted. I can easily replicate the issue and there are so many reports online about this. 4K 240Hz with DSC and display cable with HDR enabled and G-sync. Alt and tabbing rapidly on the desktop and switching between the browser (Firefox) and desktop force replicates the issue. It's usually random and occurs over a few hours when playing games and alternating between various windows or sometimes it just happens while in games. It's definitely a bigger issue than they think.
FYI I've just updated to the F04 firmware and it's pretty much solved my issues. Give it a whirl.

Last edited:
FYI I've just updated to the F04 firmware and it's pretty much solved my issues. Give it a whirl.

I will be pleasantly suprised if it does. I'll check it out. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom