Gigabyte AORUS FO32U2P Flat QD-OLED: 32" 4K 240Hz with DisplayPort 2.1, KVM

Associate
I know it is off topic a bit, but does anyone have and can share an opinion about the smaller brother, FO27Q3?
There are like 3 YT reviews and 3 written reviews only on this monitor and no respected sites seem to be working on a review of it besides rtings (but it seems at least 2 weeks away or more)

Associate
Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone who owns this screen has had the screen randomly go black during use, the monitor is not powering off and the game at the time is not being disrupted. I thought it was maybe having DP set to 2.1 but set it to 1.4 and it still happened. Im trying to figure out if its a problem with firmware or hardware as if its hardware Id need to rma with OcUK. Current solution to correct the black screen is to cycle the power button off then back on to get picture back.

Associate
Have you tried changing the video cable?
I'll try the dp cable that came with it over the weekend, but other info I've found googling it doesn't seem to be the cables and is happening to some other manufacturers with the same panel. So it's a weird one with no clear solution at the moment.

Associate
I have found that DP cables can be extremely twitchy when it comes to length and quality. For 4k high refresh gaming I switched to fibre-optic cables because my PC sits in the corner of the room in a cupboard.
Just as u mention the cable it got me curious to the quality i had, ive just checked mine and it was a 1.2 DP 4k@60hz from 2 years ago :/ gonna invest in a new cable, is there any brands ppl recommend especially for 4k screens?

Associate
Just as u mention the cable it got me curious to the quality i had, ive just checked mine and it was a 1.2 DP 4k@60hz from 2 years ago :/ gonna invest in a new cable, is there any brands ppl recommend especially for 4k screens?
You can use the DP cable that come with the monitor, as most certified 80Gbps DP2.1 cables currently on the market are only 1m or 1.2m long.

Associate
You can use the DP cable that come with the monitor, as most certified 80Gbps DP2.1 cables currently on the market are only 1m or 1.2m long.
Yeah I went to use it but not great length for cable management so I've ordered a new ugreen cable, here tomorrow it'll do for now and 30days return is plenty of time to test it out. So fingers crossed the random black screen will be sorted.

Soldato
Yeah I went to use it but not great length for cable management so I've ordered a new ugreen cable, here tomorrow it'll do for now and 30days return is plenty of time to test it out. So fingers crossed the random black screen will be sorted.
As koeiwong said there is no official DP2.1 cable more than 1.2m long at the moment but hopefully the one you bought is a good quality DP1.4 one.

Associate
You're right, there are no official DP2.1 cables longer than 1.2m at the moment. A good quality DP1.4 cable can be a solid alternative though. Fingers crossed that the new cable meets your expectations and you don't have any more issues.

Caporegime
Ditto, I think I'm settled on this monitor. Just not on spending £1,300 at this moment :p, fortunately I have a big birthday this year....

Soldato
Those with this monitor - how does the KVM switching work? Automatic or it requires a button press? Is it janky at all?
Works pretty well. I have my pc connected to mini DP and it can struggle to switch over to it, I think that's more a problem with my pc not sending signal quick enough. Switching from pc to laptop works well.

Back
Top Bottom