Gigabyte DS3/DS4/DQ6 Guide

Associate
Still no display to the screen, graphics card fan is spinning, there's no beeps but I take it I have to have a case speaker for that...

Cob

Cob

Soldato
Are you anywhere near a purple-shirted brigade store?

You could pick up an ATi X300 pci-e card for £15 to test with. I had to do it on Thursday night to test whether my 7800gt or motherboard was borked.

A mod can remove this if they want to :)

*edit*

I just noticed you're from Stafford. It might be better taking the kit back to OCUK and getting them to test it. They're open today and tomoro.

Last edited:
Associate
I got my old case speaker and tested it in my old motherboard with no RAM installed, gave a 2 second beep at a 4 second interval, plugged the speaker into my DS3 and no beeps whatsoever.

safe to assume my board's fried?

Associate
anyone else having probs running the crucial 10th anniversary memory with this mobo i cant get it past 440 fsb and have tried all the new f8 bios.currently using the f8i bios and cant clock the ram beyond 880

Associate
Seems I'm getting exactly the same problem with my DS3 - power to fans and no video output / no beeps from chassis speaker / no POST.

Using C2D E6400 and Corsair Dominator DDR800.

Seeing as Domy, Northwind and myself seem to have had this problem, all in the past week, all with newly-ordered DS3 rigs, it seems there must be a dud batch.

Associate
Well, I've just come here looking for help with my new E6600 and DS3 rig - and it sounds like exactly the same problem. Power LED comes on, CPU and gfx fans spin up, but get no display, beeps or anything - just sits there. Taken everything but the CPU out and get exactly the same problem.

Is the consensus that the boards are borked then? :(

Associate
My DS3 F7 Bios is reporting the CPU temperature 100 degrees celcius higher than it should be, ie 127c instead of 27c - think I've read other peoples posts about this before but can't find them now :/

Permabanned
same problem here dfawkes, seems i was the first to have the problem, so must be bad batch as i got it just 2 weeks ago.

gonna rma mine and see if i can swap to another motherboard.

Associate
To all who were having the problems with the mobo not booting (just cycling) - i had the same with my DS4 which i bought in Nov. I RMA'd and got another - which worked first time.

Looks like there's definitely a dodgy batch out there.

Soldato
Nick Xero said:
To all who were having the problems with the mobo not booting (just cycling) - i had the same with my DS4 which i bought in Nov. I RMA'd and got another - which worked first time.

Looks like there's definitely a dodgy batch out there.

I can make mine do that anytime I like. But I can always stop it with a CMOS clear.

Associate
Monstermunch said:
With the first board after building the rig it would simply just cycle without posting and would just continue. The fans would spin up but no beeps or anything else! With the replacement board it worked first time proving my first instincts right, that the first board was knackered!

this is the problem I am getting with my DS4, E6300, and Geil PC6400. Is there any easy way to tell if the board is the problem without access to other computers/components?

Soldato
This problem your all seeing with the DS3, i had the same problem.. all fans going just no display.

Are you using new hard drives, with no xp installed?
I had a problem where my screen was blank but when i used my CRT monitor (instead of my TFT) and the analoge connection (D-SUB - Analogue dongle) on my graphics card everything was fine i could then install xp on my new hard drive. I still cant see any bios stuff with my TFT, through the D-SUB connection... i have to either use the analogue connection or use my CRT.

I tested my rig out on my firends TFT and everything worked fine, so there may be a combatibility problem with some TFT's. (Mine is a NEOVO)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom