GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD9 MOTHERBOARD AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER (ARRIVING NEXT WEEK)

Associate
It is very clear to me that this motherboard was built to prove wrong the idiots that thought the Evga motherboards that were built with the first with 4 way SLI would be the best motherboard on the market for a few years which they weren't wrong to think, but should have considered that a company like Gigabyte would go that far to just prove them wrong and make them regret burning a whole in their pocket and that they should have waited a year longer or more so they can get this monster.

I must say this is too much for even me who has a UD7, and like a lot people here my main concern would certainly be with the power supply socket such as... HOW MUCH WATTS DOES THIS MOTHERBOARD NEED?!!! Is Gigabyte also going to release a massive two power supply PC Case just for this motherboard?! If this motherboard only had USB 3.0 and SATA III (also in place of the USB 2.0 and SATA II so that they would be a lot of these ports to use), I might say this is much better than mine, but to charge that much and keep these connections the same as mine does not make any sense with me since not only are they backwards compartible with USB/ SATA 2 devices, they give boosted performance for the same USB/ SATA 2 that most people use as well (well I certainly noticed this with a data transfer I did with my caddy/ external hard drive) so in all this is not much future proof than my own PC overall so for me it isn't worth it.

The other point that there is that it is very clear to me that this motherboard is solely meant for a person with an overweight pocket since they've waited a year and a half so that when a monster like this comes by, they can buy this, Intel i7-980X processor along with four ATI Radeon HD 5970/ NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 graphics cards and any RAM of their choice (most likely 6GB, but recently Kingston has release a 24GB RAM kit for their HyperX series and of course it is meant solely for socket 1366 motherboards so an idiot could go for that as well, although I don't think that is safe with the added RAM of four 5970 graphics cards ^^).

Well that is that from me and my thoughts of this motherboard.

Soldato
It is very clear to me that this motherboard was built to prove wrong the idiots that thought the Evga motherboards that were built with the first with 4 way SLI would be the best motherboard on the market for a few years which they weren't wrong to think, but should have considered that a company like Gigabyte would go that far to just prove them wrong and make them regret burning a whole in their pocket and that they should have waited a year longer or more so they can get this monster.

I must say this is too much for even me who has a UD7, and like a lot people here my main concern would certainly be with the power supply socket such as... HOW MUCH WATTS DOES THIS MOTHERBOARD NEED?!!! Is Gigabyte also going to release a massive two power supply PC Case just for this motherboard?! If this motherboard only had USB 3.0 and SATA III (also in place of the USB 2.0 and SATA II so that they would be a lot of these ports to use), I might say this is much better than mine, but to charge that much and keep these connections the same as mine does not make any sense with me since not only are they backwards compartible with USB/ SATA 2 devices, they give boosted performance for the same USB/ SATA 2 that most people use as well (well I certainly noticed this with a data transfer I did with my caddy/ external hard drive) so in all this is not much future proof than my own PC overall so for me it isn't worth it.

The other point that there is that it is very clear to me that this motherboard is solely meant for a person with an overweight pocket since they've waited a year and a half so that when a monster like this comes by, they can buy this, Intel i7-980X processor along with four ATI Radeon HD 5970/ NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 graphics cards and any RAM of their choice (most likely 6GB, but recently Kingston has release a 24GB RAM kit for their HyperX series and of course it is meant solely for socket 1366 motherboards so an idiot could go for that as well, although I don't think that is safe with the added RAM of four 5970 graphics cards ^^).

Well that is that from me and my thoughts of this motherboard.

Welcome :) cracking first post :D

Soldato
why o why must they persist with that ugly shade of blue! even IF i had all the money in the world to spend on a pc i wouldnt buy the board because its damn fugly! :p impressive specs and wot not though.

Associate
why o why must they persist with that ugly shade of blue! even IF i had all the money in the world to spend on a pc i wouldnt buy the board because its damn fugly! :p impressive specs and wot not though.

Weird, when it comes to the computer case, everyone is looking for the most ugliest possible and plain looking and then we have people here put off by the blue colour for something you will never see once it is in your pc.

Soldato
Weird, when it comes to the computer case, everyone is looking for the most ugliest possible and plain looking and then we have people here put off by the blue colour for something you will never see once it is in your pc.

Not quite true I feel as many have windowed cases with lighting so you would see the board, and some even like to go the colour co ordinating route as well - i.e try to match as many parts the same colour scheme.

Associate
Not sure what all the moaning is about with regards to this board, its an Ultra High End Enthusiast board.

Not mean't for average joe, its for the Big Boys of overclocking and there copious amounts of LN2 and there goals of New World records in Vantage etc.

This is not the sort of gear you have in a case, its usually spread out on a torture rack.

If i had the cash and ability for such things i would love to be able to do the same.

Soldato
Had a couple in today. With such a limited amount of case choice and the high price these are going to be for the seriously hardcore users :D

I think I read somewhere in an interview with Gigabyte they were only really expecting to sell them to extreme benchmarkers who'll only use them on a test bench anyway rather than in a case, hence not being too bothered about the limited case options.

Soldato
I think I read somewhere in an interview with Gigabyte they were only really expecting to sell them to extreme benchmarkers who'll only use them on a test bench anyway rather than in a case, hence not being too bothered about the limited case options.

Would make sense I think.

Soldato
"Users who buy the UD9 boards will also find Gigabyte listening far more closely to their needs. Upon registering they are then part of its VIP program, and it claims it's willing to throw engineers at the BIOS to meet your needs: it's the closest attempt to a personalised service we've seen yet."

Whilst it is expensive, I don't think you're likely to get such service anywhere else really.

Soldato
OP
"Users who buy the UD9 boards will also find Gigabyte listening far more closely to their needs. Upon registering they are then part of its VIP program, and it claims it's willing to throw engineers at the BIOS to meet your needs: it's the closest attempt to a personalised service we've seen yet."

Whilst it is expensive, I don't think you're likely to get such service anywhere else really.

To be fair Asus are also very good for specific BIOS requests. We had a problem around 2 years ago where a Rampage II was not compatible with a certain Adaptec RAID card. Asus made us a BIOS that was compatible. :)

They won't tend to deal with end users like Gigabyte are offering but Asus look after their SI customers a lot. :)

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
whilst Gigabyte are doing very well at doing their custom bioses for their high end boards, Asus are giving me a lot of support and working closely with OcUK on the Rampage III at the moment.
they respond well to customer feedback too, especially on their ROG boards

it just shows that both manufacturers are keen to get things right

Back
Top Bottom